HCAG album update

Freeman Keller

• Members

Oct 1 was a target date for receiving submissions from the forum. To date I have cd's from Babablowfish, Ellen, and Cripes, my own attempts, plus the cover art that Deepend did. Good stuff, I'm enjoying listening to it - but it is going to be a very meager album.

So, what'cha all think? Let it die on the vine? Wait for someone else to get off the stick? Put it together with what I've got?

• Members

I suggest we beat Cldplytkmn from one hospital bed to the next with his own Larrivee.

If you know which hospital he's in I'll personally go start the beating (and get all the other submissions).

Reall, that is all I need - I told Clippity that if he would send me the box of cd's I'd make this thing happen. I'm ready to call it unless someone has a better idea.

• Members

I would hate for this project to die on the vine. C'mon you guys, get your asses in gear and send Freeman your stuff! Listen, I am no James Taylor, that is for sure. I sent my stuff in because I would like to hear you guys play and to play for you. Don't worry about being good enough - that isn't the point. Didn't you ever go to a picking party and sit in a circle and go around playing tunes? Same thing. It isn't a contest.

(Anyone have any ideas for other pathetic pleadings I can throw out there?)

• Members

I would hate for this project to die on the vine. C'mon you guys, get your asses in gear and send Freeman your stuff! Listen, I am no James Taylor, that is for sure. I sent my stuff in because I would like to hear you guys play and to play for you. Don't worry about being good enough - that isn't the point. Didn't you ever go to a picking party and sit in a circle and go around playing tunes? Same thing. It isn't a contest.

If this is how a project like this goes, I think I'd rather find Cldplytkmn, knock his {censored}ing teeth out, and get my stuff back. I'm fed up with people who pull {censored} like this.

I won't be participating in anymore HCAG Album bull{censored}.

• Members

Make references to their "manhood"...although that probably wouldn't be all that effective with the "gentler sex" members of our happily paychotic little family... :poke:

OTOH, I'd bet they've already sent theirs in! :cool:

• Members

If this is how a project like this goes, I think I'd rather find Cldplytkmn, knock his {censored}ing teeth out, and get my stuff back. I'm fed up with people who pull {censored} like this.

I won't be participating in anymore HCAG Album bull{censored}.

A bit extreme, don't you think? Let's keep things friendly... :idea:

• Members

Oct 1st was the due date? Oops.

Yeah, my sentiments exactly. Freeman, I'll be burning a CD tonight when I get a free moment. I'm just gonna put a couple of covers in WAV format on it. I've got MP3's of some of my originals but the quality is {censored} so I won't bother unless it's OK with everybody else.

• Members

I find this unfortunate that Clip can't just mail the discs to Freeman, very easy, I will try to e-mail him, you guys put a lot into this, I reviewed his CD, the mention of hospital, is he sick?

Jim

I've got some leads - let me follow up with this. No, as far as we know, he is not sick and when I had brief e-mail contact with him a month ago he said his wife is doing fine on her tour.

• Members

I will give it another shot this weekend. If I can't get it down (depends largely on whether my neighbors will STFU for half an hour or so), I gotta sit this one out.

I am against beating Clip with his Larri. That is one beautiful guitar... :D

• Members

i know i am a noob of sort's but i would love to submit a few of my dad's mp3's for possible inclusion... just let me know where to send them- i can email them within a day-

if it's to soon then no worries- trust me you would rather have his music than mine! 8^)

• Members

JD - I would love to include your dad's work. This thing is open to anyone who has been at all active on the forum and he (and you) certainly qualify.

According to my recording tech mp3's really aren't the quality we are looking for - I would prefer wav's sent on a cd to the address in the sticky about the project. Please include information about your dad - name if he wants it published, and something about the git (in his case particularly), tunings, and if it is a cover, the original songwriter.

• Members

JD - I would love to include your dad's work. This thing is open to anyone who has been at all active on the forum and he (and you) certainly qualify.

According to my recording tech mp3's really aren't the quality we are looking for - I would prefer wav's sent on a cd to the address in the sticky about the project. Please include information about your dad - name if he wants it published, and something about the git (in his case particularly), tunings, and if it is a cover, the original songwriter.

Hey Freeman, on my submission to you I think I forgot to mention what guitar I used. It was the Parkwood - not that you would be able to tell if I used an Esteban given the low quality of my recording resources (one pinhole mike on my computer for both voice and guitar recorded on the Sound Studio Program on my Mac) not that that stopped me from submitting tracks, if you all get my drift. Now please excuse me, my enormous genitals are bothering me. (Hey Terry, d'ya think that was too subtle?)

• Members

I know I don't have a horse in this race, but I think Clip is a solid guy. There must be a valid reason for him being MIA.

I agree. Clip is an IKFC man, after all.

I know a lot of people put a lot of heart into the first attempt at this thing, so I don't want to say the wrong thing and piss anyone off here. In my own case, though, I'm kind of relieved my tracks are MIA. They were kinda poo.

Archived