Zager (yes, this post is different)

Maximum

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm new here...

I have owned and have many guitars, Martins, Alvarez Yairi, Gibsons, Fenders, Yahamas, and a Zager... I have a Martin that is HPL and it sounds like it.. it is NOT my favorite, great for camping and vacationing... I have a Martin that is ALL wood .... I have a Zager... The Zager is the easiest to play of all these guitars.... The Zager has a great sound and has quality workmanship... It is a great guitar to compose on and play for many hours... workmanship, wood selection, neck, fretboard, etc are better on the Zager... Zager is much much easier to play... I am sure Zager has their own spec for their guitars and may be at a higher level... if you want to go through all the Samick's in the store you may be able to get one close to the Zager quality and then get it professionally set up... if they have a 100% return policy and try it, you have nothing to loose except time. Like any product you can pay for a name, pay for hype, pay for adver-teazing, etc..

Could you be more obvious?

If you found this thread through a Google search please be aware that this forum has been infested with posts trying get free advertising for Zager guitars. Zager is not well respected here because of misleading advertising and pricing that is generally agreed to be in the "rip-off" range. If you are considering a Zager - don't do it. You can get many vastly superior guitars for the same price. "String Science" is pure advertising crap. Any guitar can be made to play easily by having a set up and light gauge strings. Zager guitars suffer volume loss and will buzz under heavy picking because of the set up/strings. Zager is not a manufacturer. He buys stock guitars, sets them up and resells for several hundred more than you can get the same model for retail. A set up costs between $30 and $60 depending on where you live.

The Zager branded guitars are purchased in Asia and are not made by Zager.

The Zager warranty is void if you put heavier gauge strings on the guitar.

• Members

Actually, I've heard that Denny Zager is leaving the guitar field. Through his extensive and arcane studies in string science, he has developed an expertise in ring science and is creating rings to control others' minds. Apparently, given the frequency of first posts on this forum having to do with the praise of all things Zager, they work!

• Members

Actually, I've heard that Denny Zager is leaving the guitar field.

Denny is retiring so he can focus on kung fu it is not that he's leaving guitars behind he does not see these things as separate they are one he has created a new style of kung fu called "bending mind, bending string" i saw him once stand in the middle of a ring of ZAD-80s and throw a punch in the air and all of the guitars played a G chord Denny is my friend he calls me grasshopper and sometimes he buys me an ice cream oh my god my guitar is so shiny.

• Members

I don't have the great loathing for the Zagers some have here, having never played one. The "String Science" doesn't interest me so I doubt I will ever play one. I do find it a little annoying that almost every time one of these Zager posts are brought back from the dead it's by a 1st poster. Makes me wonder.

Archived