OGP???

Stackabones

• Members

great minds think alike...

I was wondering where he was too. Just a couple hours ago I went to his profile to send him a message - but there is no contact method in the profile.

OGP - Whats up? hows the great Northwest treating you??

• Members

Haven't heard from FK for a while also. Could it be the threads?

I've noticed that also. Things had gotten out of hand for a few weeks. I was getting tired of it myself.

If this forum is going to be worthwhile, we need to stay away from politics and religion, as much as I care deeply about both. The thing that unites us is acoustics. Divisive OT topics will ruin what has been a worthwhile forum.

Bill

• Members
If this forum is going to be worthwhile, we need to stay away from politics and religion, as much as I care deeply about both. The thing that unites us is acoustics. Divisive OT topics will ruin what has been a worthwhile forum.

Bill

Be the change and change your sig. :thu:

(While we're at it, I'd like to hear from Jake.)

• Members

Be the change and change your sig.
:thu:

(While we're at it, I'd like to hear from Jake.)

With all due respect, the divisions have not been caused by signatures. Signatures help provide some insight into the forumite, making one a "person" instead of simply a user name and an avatar. My signature is a positive statement about what I believe. I'm not bashing or denigrating anyone else.

BTW, yours is the first post I can remember that pointed negatively to my signature.

Bill

• Members

With all due respect, the divisions have not been caused by signatures. Signatures help provide some insight into the forumite, making one a "person" instead of simply a user name and an avatar. My signature is a positive statement about what I believe. I'm not bashing or denigrating anyone else.

BTW, yours is the first post I can remember that pointed negatively to my signature.

Bill

Whatever. I find it a turnoff, but let's not go there. I'd ask the same of TAH wrt toning it down. But it's only a suggestion. In the interests of getting along, I've got sigs turned off. Still, I don't always login to lurk.

• Members

Whatever. I find it a turnoff, but let's not go there. I'd ask the same of TAH wrt toning it down. But it's only a suggestion. In the interests of getting along, I've got sigs turned off. Still, I don't always login to lurk.

Fair enough. Terry's sig is obviously contrary to mine, but I don't have a problem with his sig. It sheds some light into his personality.

The brouhaha, to a great extent, has been over threads denigrating a politician or making some other sort of political statement, as well as the occasional Zager flareups. I don't remember what all else because I ignore a lot of the obvious ones.

Be that as it may, it seems that several months ago we had a discussion about sigs. Many like them, some don't, and, like you said, they can be turned off.

And, obviously, threads can be ignored. However, when a large number of them are unrelated to acoustics and stir up ill-tempered passions, it turns off some folks. I sympathize with them because I almost took a hiatus also.

Best,

Bill

• Members

First off we all need to stop taking this internet business so seriously (I am looking at you Broadus and JamesP) :cop:

And to get back OT, I have missed OGP a bit too. I will head up the Vancouver investigation if need be.

I will send him a myspace message and see if he replys.

• Members
First off we all need to stop taking this internet business so seriously (I am looking at you Broadus and JamesP)
:cop:

And to get back OT, I have missed OGP a bit too. I will head up the Vancouver investigation if need be.

I will send him a myspace message and see if he replys.

So seriously? We all have just so much time. If a forum gets bogged down in OT donnybrooks, I'd rather go somewhere else, and that may be what others have done, but we're speculating. I've received a lot of help on the HCAG and lots to think about when it comes to guitars. But it's guitars and music that brought me to HCAG, not other issues that produce more heat than light.

Bill

• Members

Hope he's okay out there, but he did do some music post removing so I'm guessing his absence is intentional. I'd be more concerned if he just vanished. There is also recent activity on his YouTube account, so I take that as a good sign as well.

• Members

Tracy left the board for good a week or so ago, and requested his music be removed from the Annex, which I've reluctantly done. He'd already deleted his avatar, and blocked his PM's after a couple back and forth. Wouldn't say why he left, but he wasn't a happy guy about something.

The ongoing discussions about old members leaving, new members arriving, OT threads, etc., are largely missing the point. These are the normal happenings on a board, and keep it interesting. What's abnormal lately at HCAG is the frequency with which threads degenerate into pissing matches
between members who should know better. I'm sure this has contributed to the departure of several longtime members.

One encouraging note - I see a garbage OT thread was moved to GJ. A bit more aggressive modding would be welcome at this point.

• Members

Tracy left the board for good a week or so ago, and requested his music be removed from the Annex, which I've reluctantly done. He'd already deleted his avatar, and blocked his PM's after a couple back and forth. Wouldn't say why he left, but he wasn't a happy guy about something.

Oh this is sad! OGP was a great poster (as well as a great performer) and I enjoyed his company on the forum and learned a lot from him. Something really {censored}ty must have happened.

Tracy, if you are still around, please come back

• Members

Bill

Actually, I get a bit of a kick out of your sig, because I interpret it differently (i.e. the using the alternate meaning of "end":

2 a: cessation of a course of action, pursuit, or activity b: death, destruction )

Therefore, given the current state of world affairs in which we have Muslim terrorists trying to bring down the West, Domestic Christian Right-wing terrorists shooting up "liberals", etc. I think your sig is terribly appropriate, timely, and correct in a way you probably never intended... :facepalm:

• Members
Don't like sigs? Turn them off!
:idea:

:blah:

...and get acquainted with your USER CP "Ignore" feature. Prevents exposure to those you may find offensive, or the inane musings of those intent on setting a HC record for average posts per day. I have only used it once, and my cyber-life has improved immensely. :thu: (he says, while wondering how many will now punch "rjoxyz" into the "ignore" field).

• Members

The ongoing discussions about old members leaving, new members arriving, OT threads, etc., are largely missing the point. These are the normal happenings on a board, and keep it interesting. What's abnormal lately at HCAG is the frequency with which threads degenerate into pissing matches

between members who should know better. I'm sure this has contributed to the departure of several longtime members.

One encouraging note - I see a garbage OT thread was moved to GJ. A bit more aggressive modding would be welcome at this point.

Bummer. His videos were first[rate. What's his Youtube handle? I'd like to look him up over there.

Archived