OGP???

Stackabones

• Members
Nice video.

I do not know you well but I hate to see any of the Oldtimers here leave.

Welcome back, Life is too short to let things here bother you here to the point of leaving.

-Gary

Bubbalou;
Thanks for the kind words of wisdom...you are absolutely correct.
I would also like to thank all of you who showed concern for my situation and were kind enough to send me goodwill messages through this thread. You are all good folks and truly my friends here. :D

To show my appreciation here is another video for you. :)

My attempt at trying to play "Anji" by Davey Graham.

[YOUTUBE]4dIJVpZL2KY[/YOUTUBE]

• Members
I was going to suggest this song on the Instrumentals thread. But I couldn't remember where I'd heard it, Pentangle, Paul Simon?

Anyways, nice job on that one. thx!

Thanks for the kind words. I believe Anji was also recorded by Bert Jansch (who was in Pentangle) and Paul Simon. This is kind of my own version of it. It took me quite awhile to get it down and I really don't think I even do it justice but I am so glad you enjoyed it...which is all that really matters. ;)

• Members
Thanks for the kind words. I believe
Anji
was also recorded by Bert Jansch (who was in Pentangle) and Paul Simon. This is kind of my own version of it. It took me quite awhile to get it down and I really don't think I even do it justice but I am so glad you enjoyed it...which is all that really matters.
;)

Good to see you back, 'bro. I just passed through Vancouver last weekend and happened to be playing some of the music from the Annex while I sat in line at Customs (iPod thru the car stereo) - thought of you and hoped things were going well.

I first heard Paul Simon play Anji when I was on a date with the woman who would be come my wife (of over 40 years). We were in college in Oregon, 1967. It was one of the songs that inspired me to try to learn to play guitar. Still trying....

• Members
Good to see you back, 'bro. I just passed through Vancouver last weekend and happened to be playing some of the music from the Annex while I sat in line at Customs (iPod thru the car stereo) - thought of you and hoped things were going well.

I first heard Paul Simon play Anji when I was on a date with the woman who would be come my wife (of over 40 years). We were in college in Oregon, 1967. It was one of the songs that inspired me to try to learn to play guitar. Still trying....

Thanks for the welcome back Freeman. I hope you had a nice time while up here while visiting. Did you do some rock climbing while you were here?

Things are going ok ...except on the music front. I have yet to find a decent open mic to play at and meet other like minded acoustic guitarists here. The last couple of advertised "open mics" I went to were either cancelled or the club was closed for the evening. :(

I am going to check out the "Yale" which is supposed to be the local blues club here on Saturday so that should be interesting.

Archived