Update Thread for OhioArrow/Joe

Samilyn

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
revans is wise because he is almost as local as I am.

Okay...tell ya what.....

The minute we think the sh** is gonna hit the fan, I'll stand in front and everybody else can take shelter behind me...

......and when it blows.............

...... that's when I'll hit the deck. :evil:

• Members
Okay...tell ya what.....

The minute we think the sh** is gonna hit the fan, I'll stand in front and everybody else can take shelter behind me...

......and when it blows.............

...... that's when I'll hit the deck.
:evil:

You think we're stoooooooooopid! :poke:

• Members

Chatted with Joe again today. :D As long as he doesn't exceed the 2-hour-per-day time limit imposed on him, he's allowed to be on his laptop daily and communicate with the outside world.

His spirits are still good, though he's very sick of being cooped up in that place and anxious to go home. He's not real fond of the food or the nurses, either....LOL

Nope, going home is not in the cards yet. He hopes it might be as early as sometime next week, but that's only speculation.

Therapy on his leg (where the muscle graft was harvested from) begins tomorrow.

He does say he hurts, but isn't complaining very much.

Overall, he seems to be making a steady recovery. Our friend is a pretty tough guy. :D

• Members

Sammi, can you forward this to Joe:

Natural Antibiotics according to the Essential Desk Reference
Compiled by Essential Science Publishing

Many essential oils have broad-spectrum antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral effects. For example, thyme oil was shown to exert powerful antimicrobial effects against 25 different types of bacteria.

Good choices:

Single oils: Oregano, thyme, cinnamon, mountain savory, lemon, rosewood, melaleuca, clove, ravensara, and all four varieties of eucalyptus are very powerful - Citriodora, Dives, Globulus, and Radiata. Melaleuca (tea tree) and Eucalyptus are excellent choices for diffusing.

Blends: Thieves, Exodus II, ImmuPower, Melrose, Inspiration and Sacred Mountain

Supplements: Royaldophilus, ImmuGel, Exodus, Super C, Radex and ImmuneTune.

Maybe he can show this to his doctor?:thu:

• Members

Hi Everyone,

Sorry these updates on our friend have been kinda slow the past couple of days. There hasn't been much new to report, but all is good.

Joe is making a good recovery and is now allowed to go outdoors onto the patient terrace for some sun and fresh air. Thankfully, they've been having some real nice weather in his neck of the woods.

He is also undergoing physical therapy for his leg. I'm sure that's pretty painful, but we all know Joe can take anything they can dish out.

He's very anxious to go home, and has suggested I bake a hacksaw blade into a cake so he can escape. ;)

In spite of being stir crazy, his spirits are high and his great sense of humor has returned. Hopefully, it won't be long before he back with us....perhaps as early as sometime next week. :D

He's looking forward to being back here at AG. It's a source of frustration to him that the internet connection at the hospital won't let him log into HCAG.

And Mark...thanks ever so much for the great info on natural antibiotics. :thu: I'll paste it into an email and forward it to him. I'm sure he'll find it extremely interesting.

• Members

Great news !!

I spoke to Joe last night. He's doing extremely well and barring any unforeseen circumstance, is scheduled for release from the hospital tomorrow. :D :D :D

He still has a lot of healing to do, but we all know he'll be much more comfortable in his own home.

Hopefully he'll be back amongst us in a day or two.

Thanks to everyone for all the good thoughts, prayers and mojo. You're the greatest !!

• Members

Yes.. Alive and kicking.

Looks like I have a lot to get caught up on around here. I wasn't able to access the forum from the hospital for some reason. And it would appear that our good friend Samilyn has gone and created a Joe update central here. :eek: That's kinda of scary.

My kids have transformed my bedroom into a recovery center complete with computer and small PT station. :lol: and since I have very little I am allowed to do for a while, I'll be in here bugging you fine folks. Yup looks like you're stuck with me for the foreseeable future. :wave:

Archived