Update Thread for OhioArrow/Joe

Samilyn

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, I thought all you guys look like the guy from Deliverance.

Just the banjo players! There are a few here, but they rarely admit it. ;)

Which reminds me of a T-Shirt I saw at a motorcycle rally in Tennesee:

"Paddle faster, I hear banjos!"

• Members

I went to a gig with a banjo player friend of mine in a bad area of Chicago. He left his best Banjo in the back seat where it could be seen. I told him to hide it because of the neighborhood, but he ignored me. We got back a few hours later and sure enough they had broken in to his car and left three more banjos in the back seat....

• Members

Poor Joe,
he is doing so well they will soon have him off the happy pills!

That is precicely what's happening now. He has been taken off of the heavy-duty stuff and placed on more conventional meds.

Consequently, he's very uncomfortable today. Aside from that, there's no real news, and in this case, no news is good news.

Additionally, I'm sure that you'll all agree with me that in spite of his discomfort, it's a good thing that they're weaning him off the narcs now.

• Members

More great news, folks !!

I spoke to Joe on the phone for a few minutes today. :D :D :D

His voice is surprisingly strong, though his throat is still very sore and scratchy from all the tubes and drugs.

Yeah, he's hurting quite a bit, (of course!) but sounds very upbeat in spite of all he's been through. He was alert, did not sound groggy or drugged. He even joked a bit....a very good thing indeed! :D

I told him about this thread and relayed the good wishes of his many friends here. It was a privilege to tell him firsthand how much everyone cares and hopes for his speedy recovery.

And no, I did not tell him about the caper - I'm saving that wonderful surprise for his return home. :)

He hasn't had a chance to listen to the VOM yet, but will do so real soon. He's been looking forward to it.

Will keep the updates coming as I receive them. :wave:

Archived