Update Thread for OhioArrow/Joe

Samilyn

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I went to a gig with a banjo player friend of mine in a bad area of Chicago. He left his best Banjo in the back seat where it could be seen. I told him to hide it because of the neighborhood, but he ignored me. We got back a few hours later and sure enough they had broken in to his car and left three more banjos in the back seat....

For all the bass players out there:

After years of hiding the fact that the love is gone, the last child moved out of the house and Mom and Dad announce they are getting a divorce.

The kids are distraught and hire a marriage counselor as a last resort to try to keep the parents together. The counselor works for hours, tries all of his methods, but the couple still won't even talk to each other. Finally, the counselor goes over to a closet, brings out a beautiful upright bass, and begins to play. After a few moments, the couple starts talking. They discover that they're not actually that far apart and decide to give their marriage another try.

The kids are amazed and ask the counselor how he managed to do it. He replies, "I've never seen anyone who wouldn't talk during a bass solo."

• Members

The next update will be very late tonight or early tomorrow. I have some things to do that will take me away from the computer until late tonight, but I'll bring everyone up to date as soon as I can.

Thanks so much for sticking with Joe and keeping an eye on this thread!

Hugs to all.

• Members

Sorry I didn't update you all over the weekend. It was pretty hectic and tiring for me.

Joe was allowed to have a laptop for two hours and we chatted via IM. Our friend Totamus just happened to log in at the same time, so I was able to conference him in to our chat. We all had a great time.

Nope, folks...we're not busted. He can't log into AG from the internet connection he has at the hospital, so he has not found out about the caper.

I did tell him about these ongoing updates and relay all your good wishes to him.

He was in great spirits, though still in pain. According to him, the place is a jail cell and all his nurses are butt ugly....LOL.....He calls one of them "Nurse Battleaxe" and says she looks like Hitler in drag...LMAO

He is still enjoying listening to the VOM and sharing it with the other guys in his room.

This is a very good thing...his level of humor is strong and his spirits are up, I think even more so now that he got to speak to us via IM. :) He was getting tired of having no communication with anyone outside of his family and the nurses.

He is wanting to be taken out onto the patient terrace for some sunshine and fresh air, but they won't do that until the holes in him heal more. There is still too great a risk of infection.

That's all for now, folks. I'll continue to keep you posted until he's able to pop in and say hi.

• Members

. He can't log into AG from the internet connection he has at the hospital, so he has not found out about the caper.

I did tell him about these ongoing updates and relay all your good wishes to him.

He was in great spirits, though still in pain. According to him, the place is a jail cell and all his nurses are butt ugly....LOL.....He calls one of them "Nurse Battleaxe" and says she looks like Hitler in drag...LMAO

He is still enjoying listening to the VOM and sharing it with the other guys in his room.

This is a very good thing...his level of humor is strong and his spirits are up, I think even more so now that he got to speak to us via IM.
:)
He was getting tired of having no communication with anyone outside of his family and the nurses.

He is wanting to be taken out onto the patient terrace for some sunshine and fresh air, but they won't do that until the holes in him heal more. There is still too great a risk of infection.

That's all for now, folks. I'll continue to keep you posted until he's able to pop in and say hi.

What do you mean we?

Archived