Update Thread for OhioArrow/Joe

Samilyn

• Members

Well, folks, sorry to bring less than good news this time.

Joe suffered a setback last night and will remain in "heavily guarded" ICU for another couple of days.

Fluid has built up in his lungs, so they had to use a pump to clear it. He now has a tube in his chest to drain it and because of that, must remain heavily medicated (knocked out).

Stephen relayed to me that the hospital staff says this is normal following such major surgery. The hospital staff says it can be brought under control. However, he will not be moved to a "less guarded" section of ICU until this condition is resolved.

I'll continue to update you as news arrives.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry to hear that, Sami. Ya gotta look on the bright side though: two steps forward, one step back so to speak. They may have been overly optimistic last night after all.

Very true. I have been assured by several people that this is common and that it's usually resolved rather quickly.

Additionally, his family is receiving the same assurances from the hospital staff.

• Members

It will still all work out well, just a little slower than hoped for,

But they always say good thinks come........
So we will all keep the faith, and I am sure it will all be fine!

:thu:

Keep the faith and keep all that positive energy flowing towards him in the form of thoughts, prayers, mojo, etc. However we send it, it's all good. :)

• Members

Good news, folks.

I just received word that the fluid in Joe's lungs seems to be cleared and they're talking about removing the tube perhaps as soon as this evening.

If that takes place, the plan to move him to a less restricted ICU room will go forward, possibly even tomorrow.

He's still very weak, but in a good frame of mind. He is excited about the VOM and looking forward to hearing it.

Will post more news as it comes to me. Thanks to everyone for watching this thread and keeping the good mojo going.

• Members

Good news, folks.

I just received word that the fluid in Joe's lungs seems to be cleared and they're talking about removing the tube perhaps as soon as this evening.

If that takes place, the plan to move him to a less restricted ICU room will go forward, possibly even tomorrow.

He's still very weak, but in a good frame of mind. He is excited about the VOM and looking forward to hearing it.

Will post more news as it comes to me. Thanks to everyone for watching this thread and keeping the good mojo going.

Thanks for the update, It certainly is sounding like progress in a good direction!:thu:

• Members

That's great news Sami, been really pulling for him. It's incredible how the guys from EG are coming over for the caper. Lotsa good people in this world.

BigAl

I agree 100%. Those shredders from the dark side have hearts just like the geriatric, granola eating, pot smoking, sandal wearing acoustic players here.

• Members

Just received word that the tube is out and the staff says Joe's lungs sound clear. They also say his vital signs are much more stable now and that they might move him as early as tomorrow.

All this good mojo is helping our friend stay strong. :thu:

• Members

Just received word that the tube is out and the staff says Joe's lungs sound clear. They also say his vital signs are much more stable now and that they might move him as early as tomorrow.

All this good mojo is helping our friend stay strong.
:thu:

Excellent news! Thanks for keeping us posted, Sam :thu:

• Members

Great News !!

Joe was moved today. Because of the long time spent in post-op ICU, he was moved to a section known as Extended Care. That is a heavily monitored "regular" room on the cardiac floor.

This means he skipped a step, not having to spend time in another section of ICU.

This is the room he will remain in until he is discharged.

His sister reported to Stephen that that he had the remaining chest incisions closed this afternoon. All the in-the-body tubes and wires (drains and such things) are out now, though he still has IVs and lots of monitors on him.

He is now allowed to have more visitors, have a TV, and best of all, listen to the VOM. He's really been looking forward to that.

Archived