How about giving away a guitar to someone here?

outdoorgb

• Members

Update:

Based on what Melodeous posted about contacting local guitar teachers: "ask if they have serious students who can't afford their own instruments"...I called my guitar teacher from last year. He has a student who would surely get great use out of this guitar. I'm going over and have a few cold ones this week, give him the guitar, and probably play a few tunes...The guitar will be given to the student from Terry...no story on where it came from other than it's deserving for the recipient...It would be cool to see some youngster/oldster playing that guitar a year or two from now and having a ball...

Here is a link to my past instructor. His local Portland band is called the Rite of Spring. Terry Prohaska is the guy on the right...http://www.riteofspring.com/roshome.htm

Thanks for all of your kind words and input...

So I have this nice Crafter D8/N. Has only light brush marks on the pic guard. Plays great, nice solid Engelman spruce top, hog S/B...it

• Members

What a wonderful gesture. I am humbled by your generosity. I wish I could recommend someone in need, but unfortunately, I cannot. Ideally it would go to someone with talent and drive but no resources.

It is wonderful thing to keep greed out of your life at a time when so many only consider personal gain.

Best wishes on your endeavor.

• Members

Last week there was a guy posting our local CL who'd unknowingly bought a POS for his little girl (an aspiring Taylor Swiftian.) Anyways, he was looking for a generous soul w/ a small guitar, but I can't find his post w/ a search now. So possibly expired and/or hopefully fullfilled.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Way to be a generous soul! :thu:

• Members

Any thoughts on how to select who should get this guitar
?

Nice gesture. I have a spare that I've been considering giving to a local school. If they can't use them in their music program, they could at least sell them at a rummage sale or something.

If you really want to send it to somebody on the forum, perhaps start a "Why I deserve a free Crafter" thread and pick from one of the submissions.

• Members

this is the spirit of HCAG - please count me in. What size is it - I can check on some cases.

It's a dread Freeman.

I'm going to keep reading the input from all and decide how to deed this guitar. Thanks for the replys so far...

• Members

Being that all of us have some kind of instrument.....heck, I think this one is probably nicer than either of mine, it would be hard to find a specific person with a real need....So here's a couple of other ideas...

Local (grade) school

Local church

Orphanage

You could auction it here and donate the money to your favorite charity.

You could sell it on E-Bay and donate the money to your favorite charity.

You could give it to me and have my forever gratefulness.:rolleyes::facepalm:

• Members

I still like the someone in need idea, of course I am not the one being so generous But I did think I would throw another thought in the ring....

This is a for example situation, I am not saying this one in fact but this for example (how ever if you wish me to check up on this one I would)

In the city near here there was a major fire, wiped out a block 16 buildings and put more than 60 people without homes 19996214_240X180.jpg

http://www.wgal.com/video/20021462/index.html

http://www.wgal.com/video/20001095/index.html

In a case like this and that quantity of people it could be odds are in favor someone played guitar......places doing collection efforts for the victims could be contacted and find if this is the case something such as this could lead to finding a good home for the guitar........

Perhaps others would know of other families hurt by fire etc and there could be a good home in the mix?

• Members

With the numerous options for really inexpensive starter guitars that play well and sound good has anyone considered an HC Acoustic Forum charity? It would only take 10 or 12 of the active forum members to donate $10-15 a few times a year and we could really make a difference to some down on their luck guitarists.

If we can't collectively think of worthy recipients for the guitars directly I am sure we could come up with a list of charities to use as an intermediary (guitars for vets, child services, foster homes, schools, church youth groups, etc.).

As for the question at hand - I would be happy to donate $10-20 towards a guitar case to allow you to ship the guitar where it will make the most positive impact.

Archived