How about giving away a guitar to someone here?

outdoorgb

• Members

outdoorgb, if there were more people like you in the world, the world would be a much nicer place. Your actions are truly commendable and I sincerely hope that you're blessed for your generosity.

Like everyone else, though, I don't have any ideas as to who should get the guitar. Sorry...

• Members

There are many ways to satisfy the philanthropy in you. Call some guitar instructors (phone book) and ask them if they have serious students who can't afford their own instruments. I've given away 5 at different times going this route. I asked the instructors to gift the guitars to the parents, or parent as the case may be. The children ended up with the guitars as gifts from the parents, as it should be, and not from some disconnected stranger with his own agenda. The instructors were all very much into this ploy and had great fun with it. It's a kick.

• Members

I know of a charity in West Palm Beach, FL where generous people donate a number of items every year for auction. ALL, and I mean ALL, of their proceeds go to buy toys for underpriviledged children for Xmas. If you're interested, PM me.

• Members

I'm your guy. I'm truly in need of a guitar which I can keep in E G# C# G# B E

tuning. I play one song in this tuning, but I do not want to add any unnecessary tension to any of my vintage Martins by raising that G string. ;)

Kidding of course. Very generous of you to offer up a guitar to someone. :thu:

• Members

I appreciate all of the kind words and ideas so far. I have contacted two local schools in the area that I know have great music programs. I know the instructors and It's summer so I'll give them a few days.

I like the idea of contacting music teachers local to set up a "here ya go" for the parents...Thanks Melodeous. I'll keep you fine folks updated.

Archived