Got some bone bridge pins for my Alvarez

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

actually..woulda been better if the guitar had ebony tuning pegs and some nicer bindings;)

You should be able to change out the tuning pegs pretty easily.

One of the reasons I got my new freebie beater Rogue was so I could experiment with radical changes. Like changing out tuning machines, and heck, maybe even shaving the braces. Something I would be reluctant to do with a real git.

But I think I like Stackabones' idea better -- slide guitar. I'd actually have to learn something new and try to produce some cool sounds....

And, yeah, I ordered some bone bridge pins too. :)

• Members

What color bridgepins do you guys like best?

Black or white?

That reminds me of the time I bought a guitar at a garbage, Ohps I mean a garage sale that had little twigs all whittled up and stuck in there for pins.

So I would have to vote for a natural beige color.

• Members

I recently bought bone pins for my jumbo and the Yomama LL6. Love the way they look. Difference in tone? No fuggin' idea, but don't care. Wish I'd known about rickoshea's ebay guy before I'd ordered the last two sets - dude's prices are way low. But the ones I bought from Bob Colosi are beautifully done, and I expect I will continue to have some business with that guy for each of my stringed instruments. Dude is great.

I still have plastic pins on my 000. Will probably do something different there. Maybe buffalo horn from rick's guy. Then if someone tries to steal that guitar, I can ram him in the gonads with the bridge pins.

Also put some ebony buttons on the Yomama.

Archived