TommyT5

• Members

Bought a Harmony guitar at a yard sale back about '81, gave maybe $20 for it...noticed that there was something rattling around inside it, but it played great and, other than the rattling, sounded very good.

Lady at the yardsale tells me that she'd had a tenant that skipped w/o paying his rent, so she'd finally decided to sell his stuff to recoup some of what he'd owed and the guitar was part of hat.

When I got it home and unloosened the strings, I found, taped inside loosely to the top, a baggy, wrapped w/ masking tape, with about 2 dozen rolled joints and $1500 in cash!

Made for a most festive weekend... :thu:

• Members

Bought a Harmony guitar at a yard sale back about '81, gave maybe $20 for it...noticed that there was something rattling around inside it, but it played great and, other than the rattling, sounded very good.

Lady at the yardsale tells me that she'd had a tenant that skipped w/o paying his rent, so she'd finally decided to sell his stuff to recoup some of what he'd owed and the guitar was part of hat.

When I got it home and unloosened the strings, I found, taped inside loosely to the top, a baggy, wrapped w/ masking tape, with about 2 dozen rolled joints and $1500 in cash!

Made for a most festive weekend...
:thu:

Happy HGD!

GREAT score TAH! :thu:

• Members

:facepalm:My sons used to be totally fascinated by the sound hole in the Alvarez. It sat in a stand in the living room and they would put toys in there from time to time. One day if found my son putting pieces of cheese in it. He had also poured apple juice into it,which it took me a while to realize. Bummer. It's a running joke around the house now, but it wasn't funny then. My son was in the doghouse. Now, my wife threatens me with putting cheese into my Taylor 814 if I misbehave. Needless to say, it keeps me in line!:cop:

• Members

I used to keep my stash and money in mine. But then I got behind in my rent and the landlady sold my guitar! Man was I bummed.

OK kids...this is what you call "reading the entire post", then commenting in a way to make one smile...

I laughed...nicely done.:thu:

• Members

It was a bad time for me. I had saved up enough for the 1st semester tuition is a nationally recognized small engine repair institution. Was going to get my life together and become the man I knew I could be. But then she sold the guitar, and along with it, my prospects for a better life.

It had taken me 6 months to gather all of that money, and I was devastated. I started drinking again and hit bottom in the seedy part of Dallas. They said they found me in a gutter muttering "Hook 'em Horns".

I was never the same after after that, my wife left me and my children despised me. Alcohol remained my only true friend, I thought from time to time about cleaning up my life as maybe a satellite installer or insurance salesman, but every time I started to lift myself up, the memory of how losing my money on that fateful day would surface and I would shrug and say "It just doesn't matter".

Eventually I hit new lows, and became convinced that there was no right or wrong n the universe, and that my fellow man was only out to take what he could from me and leave me alone and rejected.

Today, I am just one of many countless souls, lost and alone, frequenting the HCAG forum, along with all of my lost forlorn brethren.

Hello, My name is Totamus, and my life was stolen in the wink of an eye, somewhere deep in the pit of Texas.

• Members
There was a time when I'd tap cigarette ashes in there as if it were an ashtray.
:facepalm:

My mando has several fortune cookie fortunes in there. Whenever I seek the wisdom of the cookies I turn it over and shake it like a magic 8-ball.

I can't help feeling like I know you..from somewhere.

• Members

Picks, yes. Bridge saddles whenever I bone one. I have an older F-5 the previous owner put a rattlesnake rattle in. Often s not I put the sales reciept in there, so I know what I paid for it if I decide to sell. Now, what I may put in your guitar, that get's interesting. Was playing a gig where the Japanese Beetles were real heavy. I scooped 'em up by the handful, made a fist, and blew them into my guitar player's axe during the breaks. I don't think he ever figgered out where they were all coming from. Comes to mind that might be really pretty if you used lightening bugs...