Can Threads Posted Here Actually Stay on Topic

sellsguitars

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

what kind of commie pinko school discourages pictures of red blooded girls? What is the world coming to?

I don't necessarily know that the school encourages or discourages it. There's no religious affiliation, so I'd imagine they could care less. They do have a policy about displaying pictures like that in public though, and I didn't want to take the risk.

• Members

Wow, there are some funny posts in this thread. I now know that I am wrong and a liar. So, now will you be my friend?

Yeah, I guess so. But, you gotta promise not to knock our forum or our peeps anymore in the future. We're all we got, so we kinda sticks together.

• Members

I am glad this came up. I was thinking of using a low ISO film in a low light situation, to reduce the grain usually apparent from the larger silver iodide crystals, but the requisite long exposure time wouldn't work with my subject. So is grain minimized more by using the appropriate ISO, or by using a lower ISO and force developing?

just wondering...

Grain specifically is a function of ISO, so if you only want grain minimized, use a faster film. If you want better overall picture quality, I would stick with the slow ISO and push it... or maybe meet somewhere in the middle with a little faster film, and push it the rest of the way.

-A

• Members

I nominate this as our official "Post Your Off-Topic Rants Here" thread:

Crap. Took my Subaru to Midas to get the oil changed and while it was up on the lift they noticed that the control arm bushings were shot. I'm inclined to agree with them since it explains why I've had to put 2 sets of tires on the POS when it doesn't even have 36,000 miles on it yet but what really stings is that the 3 year/36K mile warranty expired in January and I'm looking at putting ANOTHER $1K into the damned thing - which I wanted to get rid of for a minivan anyway.

*sigh* There goes my GAS fund. :facepalm:

Archived