WTF are these things called?

Whalebot

• Members
You cry "I've been building guitars for 37 years" constantly.

You compared a two piece neck (Taylor) to a single piece neck (Fender) and you are the expert?

You can get as personal as you like with me because we are on the internet. It doesn't bother me a bit.

I don't claim to be an expert.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Seriously guys . . . get a room. This is what PMs are for. If you want to argue about who has a bigger ego, or who has a bigger dick, or whatever it is you're arguing about, do it someplace else.

Like on the electric guitar forum :facepalm:.

To be quite frank, the only thing that either of you have proved is that you can do an excellent job of making yourselves look like total fools.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've done my share.
;)
Go learn how to build one.
:thu:

No thanks.

It seems like the craft makes folks bitter and angry. ;)

I've defended you many times in the past in threads. I thought we were friends.

I know better now.

No harm, no foul. :thu:

• Members

:blah:

Seriously guys . . . get a room. This is what PMs are for. If you want to argue about who has a bigger ego, or who has a bigger dick, or whatever it is you're arguing about, do it someplace else.

Like on the electric guitar forum
:facepalm:

To be quite frank, the only thing that either of you have proved is that you can do an excellent job of making yourselves look like total fools.

Seriously dude, ignore the threads that don't appeal to your sensibilities.

I don't rain on your parades nor do I care what you think. Besides, all you're doing is proving that you are just another forum asshole.

• Members

OMG, now Hud and Gary Palmer are going at it.

Are the holiday seasons stressing everyone out or something?
:facepalm:

No Larry.

I'm not "going at it" with Gary.

I didn't disagree with him once in this thread.

I have no idea why he came at me the way he did.

For the record: I'm in a great mood. This thread made me laugh multiple times.

• Members

No Larry.

Yeah. This one should be posted as a sticky. Totally classic and hysterical.

• Members
No Larry.

Palm leaf and appologies offered wherever they're due. :thu:

• Members

Yeah. This one should be posted as a sticky. Totally classic and hysterical.

It may not be as funny to others as it is to me.

First of all I think it's funny how my original statement got turned into an argument I never made. I never said a multi-piece neck could not be made from thin neck blanks. Gary Palmer topped it all off. I agreed with every word he said but folks (including him) still thought I was arguing with him.

Second of all I love the piling on and gang mentality that springs up almost as much as the self righteous posters that point the perceived "wrongs" in any argumentative thread.

Third, I never professed to being an expert about anything. I repeated what I read.

• Members

I disagree, but you're certainly entitled to your opinion. If I never need lessons on how to be an a**hole, though, I certainly know who to ask
;)

You can look into the mirror.

Seriously, you took the time to quote multiple posts to point out what fools we made of ourselves.

You are a grade A asshole. One of the best here. No training required.

• Members

It may not be as funny to others as it is to me.

First of all I think it's funny how my original statement got turned into an argument I never made. I never said a multi-piece neck could not be made from thin neck blanks. Gary Palmer topped it all off. I agreed with every word he said but folks (including him) still thought I was arguing with him.

Second of all I love the piling on and gang mentality that springs up almost as much as the self righteous posters that point the perceived "wrongs" in any argumentative thread.

Third, I never professed to being an expert about anything. I repeated what I read.

I understand the genesis of the thread. You made a harmless statement about Leo Fender, and was met with a rude dismissive response. Nonetheless, it is simply amazing to me how a simple question about string trees evolved into this thread.

• Members

I understand the genesis of the thread. You made a harmless statement about Leo Fender, and was met with a rude dismissive response. Nonetheless, it is simply amazing to me how a simple question about string trees evolved into this thread.

Sure Larry, I admit it's stupid, but it's no more stupid than many of the posts the folks here engage in on an almost daily basis.

On a serious note, it's hard to discuss the need of string trees without getting into the lack of headstock angle.

I never realized it was a touchy subject.

• Members

At least you're willing to admit it
:idk:

I was using your words.

I defended my position. If that makes me a fool in your eyes I will live with it because you aren't {censored} to me.

I made it clear, I don't care what you think.

• Members
Sure Larry, I admit it's stupid, but it's no more stupid than many of the posts the folks here engage in on an almost daily basis.

On a serious note, it's hard to discuss the need of string trees without getting into the lack of headstock angle.

I never realized it was a touchy subject.

:lol::lol:

Right up there with health care reform, unemployment and the war in Afghanistan :facepalm:

• Members

And for me, Graph Tech are the best. I built my guitar with them.

String retainers are a big part of your strings acoustic sound, an important part of the design.

It surprised me how much moving their placements around affected the tuning and sound.

I don't want this important post to get lost in all of the vitriol and red-headed pileated woodpeckers.

Which do you guys think produces the best tone? Bone string trees or tusq?

• Members

You are all a bunch of {censored}ing morons. Can't you understand, Hudmans {censored} don't stink which is surprising because he's so full of it! He is here just to antagonize all of you because he leads this miserable {censored}ing life and has nothing better to do with his time. What he thinks is funny is disgusting to most normal people. He is an amazingly good troll and I'm sure he is proud of that. The worst part of this is this is not a {censored}ing electric guitar forum! This whole thread shouldn't be here! Who the {censored} cares about string trees or electric guitar necks anyway! You {censored}ers should just {censored} off with your {censored}ing childish {censored} and go someplace else. Leave the HCAG alone!

BigAl :cop::poke::mad::deadhorse::whisper::eekphil:

:snax:

Archived