What about Tartanlad?

FretFiend.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
WHOAH! WAIT A MINUTE!!! Something is bad wrong here!

You claim to be a Scotsman, and you are calling Scots Whisky Scotch!!?!
:freak:

I thought Gary P out-ed him as a faux Scot way back. He was referencing some PMs they'd shared. IIRC, TTL went ballistic (but it's so hard to tell.) I wish I'd saved that thread, Gary laid into him tooth and nail. It was a beautiful, and imo, well-deserved thing.

• Members
WHOAH! WAIT A MINUTE!!! Something is bad wrong here!

You claim to be a Scotsman, and you are calling Scots Whisky Scotch!!?!
:freak:

Yes, Tartanlad is correct and you are wrong. It's called Scotch whiskey in Scotland and everywhere else I know of. Actually it's usually called just Whiskey in the UK and assumed to be Scotch. Scots refers to the people of Scotland.

• Members
Yes, Tartanlad is correct and you are wrong. It's called
Scotch
whiskey in Scotland and everywhere else I know of. Actually it's usually called just Whiskey in the UK and assumed to be Scotch.
Scots
refers to the people of Scotland.

You will forgive me if I am skeptical. I've been corrected far too many times on this. It's Scots Whisky... just like on the bottles. Note also the absence of the e in whisky.

By all means, correct me if I am wrong, but please provide reliable sources. ;)

• Members
You will forgive me if I am skeptical. I've been corrected far too many times on this. It's Scots Whisky... just like on the bottles. Note also the absence of the e in whisky.

By all means, correct me if I am wrong, but please provide reliable sources.
;)

Sorry FF, you are wrong. Go to a liquor store. Look at the label of any bottle of Scotch you see.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_whisky

• Members

he is a troll and a village idiot.
now, i dont mind him being either, just like the other troll john watt, he is in my killfile.
but unlike the other troll, he is insulting and personally attacking people in his posts.
i dont mind his ot post in the jam forums or his insults in pp, but i do mind them here.
just my 2 cents.

• Members

he is a troll and a village idiot.

now, i dont mind him being either, just like the other troll john watt, he is in my killfile.

but unlike the other troll, he is insulting and personally attacking people in his posts.

i dont mind his ot post in the jam forums or his insults in pp, but i do mind them here.

just my 2 cents.

You pretty much nailed it.

If HCAG is going to allow his nuisance posts then they should remove the "Strictly on-topic only" from the top of the page and turn this forum into a free for all.

• Members

If a thread doesn't interest me, I move on. Can't really see why anyone get's bent out of shape over what they deem inappropriate.

T-Lad seems like a good natured fellow, and I enjoy a lot of his Off The Res meanderings. I don't think I'd enjoy the forum as much if it wasn't open to whimsy.

I like anchovies on my pizza too, but it's hard to find anybody who wants to share one with me.

• Members

If a thread doesn't interest me, I move on. Can't really see why anyone get's bent out of shape over what they deem inappropriate.

T-Lad seems like a good natured fellow, and I enjoy a lot of his Off The Res meanderings. I don't think I'd enjoy the forum as much if it wasn't open to whimsy.

I like anchovies on my pizza too, but it's hard to find anybody who wants to share one with me.

Anchovies, sausage, mushroom, onions and green peppers. Anytime.

The little irish fellow, he doesn't seem so good natured to me.

• Members

If it was Tart's goal to tear this forum apart, he certainly succeeded. As I read the posts in this thread, all I see is a lynch mob. Some people have said that they didn't like the things Tart said about the good 'ol USA, but as I read, I don't think some people have been very respectful of Scotland. Recently, I have read other threads here where people from our US have made some rather blunt comments about people such as Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Sarah Palin; not to mention those who have knocked the way our country is run, or the shape it's in.

Whatever Tart's intentions, whether it be as a troll or as a person just looking for conversation, we have to look at ourselves and the way we've responded to what some feel is a threat. I know that I have torn into a certain person, here on the forum, several times; but since then I have been questioning whether I was wrong in doing so. And slowly, I am coming to the conclusion that I may have been wrong.

I think I'll do something today that I haven't done in several days. It's a beautiful day, here in Oregon. Nice and cool, the birds are singing, and there's a nice breeze. I think I'll go down the path in my back yard to the stream that's down below, and play my guitar for awhile. That always makes me feel better. :wave:

And yes, James, the dogs are all in.

• Members
If it was Tart's goal to tear this forum apart, he certainly succeeded. As I read the posts in this thread, all I see is a lynch mob. Some people have said that they didn't like the things Tart said about the good 'ol USA, but as I read, I don't think some people have been very respectful of Scotland. Recently, I have read other threads here where people from our US have made some rather blunt comments about people such as Obama, Nancy Pelosi, and Sarah Palin; not to mention those who have knocked the way our country is run, or the shape it's in.

Whatever Tart's intentions, whether it be as a troll or as a person just looking for conversation, we have to look at ourselves and the way we've responded to what some feel is a threat. I know that I have torn into a certain person, here on the forum, several times; but since then I have been questioning whether I was wrong in doing so. And slowly, I am coming to the conclusion that I may have been wrong.

I think I'll do something today that I haven't done in several days. It's a beautiful day, here in Oregon. Nice and cool, the birds are singing, and there's a nice breeze. I think I'll go down the path in my back yard to the stream that's down below, and play my guitar for awhile. That always makes me feel better.
:wave:

And yes, James, the dogs are all in.

Gull12, I read your reply, and I agree with MOST of it. But, I've been here a little longer than you have and I think if you went back into the past and read a little more, you'd find that when tartanlad was involved in a "{censored}storm" it was more often than not a "{censored}storm" that HE himself initiated.

He's an outspoken person, and I don't have any problems with that. I fit into that same category myself. But, he tends to go overboard with a lot of his snide comments and just plain doesn't have ANY idea of when "enough is enough". He tends to "harp", over and over, saying the same thing four or five times in the same thread. He never learned when to STFU! Always HAD to have the last word and say the same thing he'd already said many times before. I'm not a thin-skinned person.....but THAT guy could rile just about ANYBODY up.

He has personally offended MORE than his share of members on this forum......I don't think he'll be missed by many here. Not by me, for sure.

Archived