Fox News reporting on the Gibson v. Feds

masterbuilt

• Members

When I posted this, I didn't intend to have this huge political debate: right v. left, Obama v. right, etc... It was about whether or not this all came down to labor on a finished product or what was imported/exported and by whom. The legal technicalities are idiotic in this case since the authorities agree that the wood itself is not illegal.

Funny, America needs jobs and Gibson makes their guitars in America. I'd think that the priority of our government would be to PROVIDE FOR THE COMMONWEALTH. That means, for once, PROTECT OUR JOBS. PROTECT OUR MANUFACTURERS.

Now, I want to just say one last thing... This is bipartisan stupidity rising from LACY in 1900 to modern day. It has been furthered along the way by several administrations and government offices. Thus, it is bigger than any single individual in the federal government. The problem is bureaucracy in general. The cost is on the backs of consumers.

So, let's stop blaming anyone in particular.

I will say one more thing... Martin is working hard to preserve and protect resources. I applaud them.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I posted this, I didn't intend to have this huge political debate: right v. left, Obama v. right, etc... It was about whether or not this all came down to labor on a finished product or what was imported/exported and by whom. The legal technicalities are idiotic in this case since the authorities agree that the wood itself is not illegal.

Funny, America needs jobs and Gibson makes their guitars in America. I'd think that the priority of our government would be to PROVIDE FOR THE COMMONWEALTH. That means, for once, PROTECT OUR JOBS. PROTECT OUR MANUFACTURERS.

Now, I want to just say one last thing... This is bipartisan stupidity rising from LACY in 1900 to modern day. It has been furthered along the way by several administrations and government offices. Thus, it is bigger than any single individual in the federal government. The problem is bureaucracy in general. The cost is on the backs of consumers.

So, let's stop blaming anyone in particular.

I will say one more thing... Martin is working hard to preserve and protect resources. I applaud them.

Totally agree.

• Members

I have written and deleted several comments, deleted because they violated our rule of no politics here. However, if I don't say this, my head will explode:

Q-How do News broadcasters with a political agenda broadcast that agenda while holding on to just enough credibility to make people believe them?

A- They attribute their agenda to others-- (Gibson: "Obama must WANT us to build these guitars overseas!") AND instead of broadcasting or printing news they know is a lie, they phrase it as a question, as in this headline "Is the Feds' Attack on Gibson and Attack on Made in the USA?" (No, it is not.)

It's pretty hilarious when you're in a bar and the sound is turned off and all you see is something like that written underneath and a bunch of talking heads above it. To someone who's not very bright it can be very persuasive. Fox plays that game way more than CNN in my opinion. CNN seems to have less of that political agenda but more of that sensationalist tack going on. "Nancy Grace" chasing down every hot white chick who goes on vacation in the Carribean and goes missing or dead etc.....

• Members
You've been sigged!
:wave:

Now, put me on your ignore list and bray loudly about it.
:thu:

Interestingly that like Fox News, you left out just enough info to make it say something different. We were talking about bridge pins, and you knew i was making a joke, as indicated by the hilarious winky face. However, you didn't include that winky face, so it appears that I told you to go F**k yourself and wasn't joking.
I claim aggrieved status and demand that you remove that now, you frigging troll!

Ok, just so you know, THAT WAS A JOKE TOO! Except you really did make it look like I wasn't joking and technically, it's not true.

• Members

It's pretty hilarious when you're in a bar and the sound is turned off and all you see is something like that written underneath and a bunch of talking heads above it. To someone who's not very bright it can be very persuasive. Fox plays that game way more than CNN in my opinion. CNN seems to have less of that political agenda but more of that sensationalist tack going on. "Nancy Grace" chasing down every hot white chick who goes on vacation in the Carribean and goes missing or dead etc.....

I'm pretty sure I agree with you, but I can't see anything in your post except the hot Asian chick's tits.

• Members

Interestingly that like
CBS, ABC, NBC, CNN, and MSNBC
, you left out just enough info to make it say something different. We were talking about bridge pins, and you knew i was making a joke, as indicated by the hilarious winky face. However, you didn't include that winky face, so it appears that I told you to go F**k yourself and wasn't joking.

I claim aggrieved status and demand that you remove that now, you frigging troll!

Ok, just so you know, THAT WAS A JOKE TOO! Except you really did make it look like I wasn't joking and technically, it's not true.

There. I fixed that for ya. :thu:

Oh, and since you claim aggrieved status over the sig, I removed it. :D

• Members

Wake up TAH! This isn't the Political Potty.

By Anderton:

...quotes are supposed to be quotes.
Modifying them to give the impression someone said something they didn't say
is not allowed, and will result in a temp ban if reported.

No attempt to give a false impression. I even said so in the post.

Grow up.

• Members
There. I fixed that for ya.
:thu:

Oh, and since you claim aggrieved status over the sig, I removed it.
:D

I'm over the whole thing, but i do have one question regarding your"fixing" my quote: Do you really think that all the news in the free world except Fox is lying? You don't see anything wrong with that? Just sayin'
FWIW, I don't want anybody here to get banned. We always have the choice not to read a thread or post...

Archived