NGD.

garthman

• Members

I made a vow (but only to myself) that I would buy no more guitars. I have enough!

But how could I resist a Yamaha APX6NA nylon hybrid:

DSCF0010-4.jpg

DSCF0012-3.jpg

DSCF0013-2.jpg

Used but excellent condition. All I've had to do is swap the existing nut - typical Yamaha thing, fitting a nut with a 37.5mm string spacing on a 48mm neck! - for a nut cut to make better use of the fretboard width.

• Members

Happy New (Nylon String) Guitar Day.
:thu:
Congratulations and play it in good health.
BTW, isn't it rare to have an adjustable truss rod on a nylon string guitar?

Thank you.

It's true that standard classical guitars do not have a truss rod but this type of "hybrid" classical guitar usually does. TTBOMK, Yamaha pioneered the hybrid classicals which generally have smaller bodies with cutaways, narrower necks (usually 48mm) with a radius and fitted electronics.

My guitar is approx 10 years old - although it's in excellent condition - so that shows how innovative Yamaha can be. In recent years a few other makers have followed the trend: Takamine, Cordoba, Ibanez, etc.

• Members

I try and tell my kids, you are only as good as your word......If you had to break your word or your Vow, I think that looks like a pretty good reason to do just that!

All though Howard, if you keep this up,

Where are you going to keep all your new guitar day goats, it will start to look like this at your home 3281948079_803db30646-1.jpg

Happy Playing, I am certain you will enjoy it!

Here is mine to add to the collection

goat_5979.jpg I have a distant cousin a steel string APX4A, it is a comfy guitar, looks very much alike, I would think playing it as a version with nylon strings would be very sweet. You did well, Congratulations and all the Best.

• Members

you complete bastard. You saw the one and only guitar I GAS for in Knocks thread and you went and bought it just to make me feel crap. That is quite purely and simply the sign of a very very nasty and sick man. I hate you with a passion.

I also hate goats so here's a photo of Katie Melua just cause I like her :

katie_melua.jpg

actually secretely I'm very pleased for you mate ... what a great buy, and yes, I'm suitably jealous :facepalm::lol:

so a goat thing is in order after all ... enjoy her :thu: :

NGD.jpg

• Members

. . . .you complete bastard. You saw the one and only guitar I GAS for in Knocks thread and you went and bought it just to make me feel crap. That is quite purely and simply the sign of a very very nasty and sick man. I hate you with a passion. . . .

:D :D :D Just getting my own back for the DLX-3000 ;)

Archived