Today was one of the toughest gigs I've ever done...

Terry Allan Hall

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Such a tragic story. But Terry, what you did was very very very amazing.

In fact after reading this, I've just applied to volunteer to play at my local children's hospital. I think it'll be an amazing thing to do, and I have the time at the moment with me being out of work.

You are an inspiration.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by gull12

View Post

Oh, man, Terry you did something good. You sent a little boy home with a song in his heart. You had the honor of doing the Lord's work, and you did it well. I'll bet that even though it was the toughest gig, it was also surely the most rewarding. God Bless you, friend. There's a beautiful song in all this. You should write it, perfect it, and sing it at every one of your performances. Git 'er done, I got a feeling the Lord isn't done with you yet. Some stories just have to be told. cry.gif

Maybe someday I'll be able to put it into a song, but probably not soon...I'm thinking it'll be a while before I'll be over this, if ever.

Thanks to all for allowing me to share this horror w/ y'all.

• Members

Well what can one say Tah you done well doing such and words cant say how some evil people are in this World

as how can anyone do such a wicked thing to anyone let alone a child..you done well Tah and also his Mother

shall remember you for such..feel for his Mother likes now..

and as Gull 12 sais on post 13 above maybe you can try and write a song about this experience of the wee fella

Is a very sad story likes but as sais you done what you found in your Heart was a normal thing to do

and thats called -----> "being humane" well done Tah smile.gif

• Members

Oh my, that hits home, as today, I have been asked to sing at the funeral of a friend, whom I wrote a song about. I will need strength to get through it, as the song is new and when they are new, I am still very emotionally involved.

What you did is amazing and what you witnessed is amazing and I am betting you will never be the same again. In a good way. And a bad way due to why he was there. But, we have to find goodness here and there, else, we would all go mad.

Tip of the hat to you, TAH.

• Members

Wow...just, wow.

I echo all of the commenters who said you are a good man. You are an amazingly good man. And I think maybe that was one of those events that come to you as a blessing, or at least a life-changer. Certainly makes you appreciate life and living it well.

You were given a gift, and so were we for hearing the story.

• Members

I don't believe in heaven or hell, but I do believe that there are people who are good and people who are bad. You are one of the good ones, Terry. Your story moved me deeply and I am sorry that you had to witness that kind of pain and suffering.

• Members

It seems that when we have to deal with people in extremis that we, somewhere, find a calm place from which to do so, but you still have my utmost respect for not choking up until afterwards.

The payback for it is that you will never again have to wonder why you're here, it's in this powerful story of the loss of a child and the love of a stranger.

Thank you.

• Members

Inspiring, Terry, really inspiring. This will stay with you a long time, and I suspect that with time it will become a inspiring moment for you as well.

Two lessons:

1. The stuff some people are capable of is simply appalling;

2. Whatever malicious harm people will do, it is no match for the power of music to comfort and heal the soul.

• Members

I've seen several people die, two of them my parents. I was with my mom when she passed, but I missed being with my father by five minutes. My dad's musical favorite was, by far, Tony Bennett. He had a Tony Bennett disk in his car stereo when I returned it to the leasing agency after he became ill. So, we put a CD player in his room and played Tony Bennett non-stop. Mind you, he was in a irreversible coma, but it didn't matter. Who knew what he heard? My cousin, who was with him when he died, said he died to Tony Bennett's "The Best Is Yet to Come". cool.gif

Terry, witnessing the death of anyone, let alone the horror of this case, is something that affects you the rest of your life. But, it is the rare case when any person can die to a nice tune. It's how I would want to go. That you took part in the circle of life in such a deep, complex and meaningful way and sent this child to the beyond with music as his last earthly experience, is a rare human undertaking. I hope you can take something positive from it.

• Members

And Terry, I wouldn't worry about writing a song about it. If it comes, it comes. For years, I refused to write about a murder I was close to. But one day, here it came. If it never happens about this, nothing lost. Don't put pressure on yourself.

Archived