In Memorium To The Little Ones.....

Opa John

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby1Note

View Post

Why are you so frikken hostile FF? Can you not dispassionately discuss a subject without resorting to personal insults? Chill bro,,,,,, cool down a bit, Life's pretty good when you're mellow.smile.gif

You might recall the original intent of this thread, and my original objection to discussions of gun control in such a thread. That's when I got blindsided. Honestly, I've yet to see you "mellow". All I've seen you do is go ballistic anytime guns have been mentioned. You haven't been the model of "mellow" you demand of me.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by FretFiend.

View Post

You might recall the original intent of this thread, and my original objection to discussions of gun control in such a thread. That's when I got blindsided. Honestly, I've yet to see you "mellow". All I've seen you do is go ballistic anytime guns have been mentioned. You haven't been the model of "mellow" you demand of me.

Sure I have. I've kept politics completely out of it, and I only stooped to calling you a "d---head" after you vented on me. I'm trying to stimulate a conversation, in order to get something done about the out-of-control violence. I refuse to let the memory of these kids dwindle and fade, and do absolutely nothing. As I said very early on, what responsible gun-owner wouldn't want to see some tightening of the laws, especially in prosecuting violent crime. Who in his or her right mind would be opposed to that? Or, tougher screening and back-ground checks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTYf-7shaaE

Anyhoo,,,,,, relax,,,,enjoy life.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by EdBega

View Post

Well, in FF's or maybe Poppy's defense (I'm not sure which) Poppy said he "looked a lot like my older sister".

True as can be. He IS sort of androgynous in that photo, though Poppy DID take it a step further...

View Post

Well, if you're referring to TAH's very un-political suggestion that we work together to find a solution so this doesn't happen again, then you're on the wrong track, that didn't strike me as political, just normal when talking about something as heinous as this. And you just kept the whole thing sliding down with your own petty argument and vulgar (yeah, I said it-vulgar, there are kids, 20 of them, reading these words and listening to your arguments)comments to others.

Quote Originally Posted by kiowa1

View Post

Poppy, Fretfiend, I can't speak for anyone else, but I had come to expect better from both of you. Big disappointment.

Really Kiowa1? I know you expected better from Poppy... but FF? C'mon.

Idunno, on the one hand, this is the internet, many of the "contentious" have alias names, so the real people may not be talking. But it IS a memorial to dead children. 20 of them. 6 adults as well.

Should we really take serious a serious post? Or should it be just the usual stuff and to hell with decency? That's been settled here, at least.

Folks in "unencumbered" forums have a special way of turning one man's agony into their own personal ecstasy, eh?

• Members

View Post

Sure I have. I've kept politics completely out of it, and I only stooped to calling you a "d---head" after you vented on me. I'm trying to stimulate a conversation, in order to get something done about the out-of-control violence. I refuse to let the memory of these kids dwindle and fade, and do absolutely nothing. As I said very early on, what responsible gun-owner wouldn't want to see some tightening of the laws, especially in prosecuting violent crime. Who in his or her right mind would be opposed to that? Or, tougher screening and back-ground checks?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTYf-7shaaE

Anyhoo,,,,,, relax,,,,enjoy life.

You really can't hide behind that "it's not politics" line. So long as you try to "stimulate conversation" on a non-relevant subject, in a memorial thread, I'll be there to call you on it. And calling anyone who differs with you a "dickhead", or "not in their right mind" won't win too many friends beyond TAH, Bad Robot, and Neal. Stay and talk guitars. Take your gun control issues to the Political Potty.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Neal

View Post

True as can be. He IS sort of androgynous in that photo, though Poppy DID take it a step further...

Not really what I was saying, Poppy may have a masculine looking sister hence I'm not sure who's defense that is in ???

• Members

View Post

You really can't hide behind that "it's not politics" line. So long as you try to "stimulate conversation" on a non-relevant subject, in a memorial thread, I'll be there to call you on it. And calling anyone who differs with you a "dickhead", or "not in their right mind" won't win too many friends beyond TAH, Bad Robot, and Neal. Stay and talk guitars. Take your gun control issues to the Political Potty.

Aww, touched a nerve... I'm sorry, but you ARE pretty androgynous in those photos! Not my fault! Blame whoever took the pic and leave me out.

• Members

View Post

Now, Neal, you know you're a gun control liberal. Might as well come out of the closet.

Odd.... there was no vindictiveness or vitriol in that post.. goodness. This calls for the SLIDE AGAIN!!! Watch kids!

f8UU3.gif

• Members

View Post

smile.gificon_lol.gifthumb.gificon_lol.gifsmile.gif

That pic has no indications of gender, neither feminine nor masculine...he/she/it looks a great deal like the nice lady, riumored to be a lesbian, that I prefer to buy watermelons from. Very fine neighbor.

Or equally possibly a eunuch. Hopefully other pics of he/she/it are easier to identify, gender-wise.

And the fact that he/she/it tantrums almost constantly is one reason why many have considered that he/she/it might be an old woman in the throws of menopause...anger therapy would be helpful, but it's possible that he/she/it just enjoys the drama.

• Members

View Post

Then I'd say I'm in pretty good company. wave.gif

View Post

Now, Neal, you know you're a gun control liberal. Might as well come out of the closet.

There you go, trying to make this "political" again. What about that 84% segment of the NRA that wants some form of gun control? Are they "liberals" too?

F.F. I gotta ask,,,, do you even OWN a gun?

BTW, there's a local guy we refer to as F.F, or, F2 (F--squared).; it's short for F___ Face,,,, ;same initials. Any relation? tongue.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Allan Hall

View Post

Rather than sparing the tantrum-prone any further attention, Bobby, let's get back to discussing what might be done to help avoid another tragedy...let's think pro-actively. idea.gif

Now we're talkin' sense again. thumb.gif

1.Personally, I'd like to see sweeping changes. The "open market/flea-market/gun-show" sales have got to be stopped immediately if not sooner. Every vendor should be fully licensed, after a strict and thorough background check. All of his/her transactions would have to follow strict background checks as well. His or her entire inventory should be registered, and subject to a strict accounting process. All guns would have a paper-trail.

2. Mandatory 30-60 day waiting period, for restricted weapon purchases.(Cooling off period, to prevent crimes of passion/revenge)

3.Gun-owners who are careless about storage at home, should be subject to confiscation of all their "weapons". They should be held personally and criminally responsible for any injuries caused by their improperly-stored or miss-handled guns.

4. People who drive around with guns in their vehicles, without permits to do so, should immediately have those guns confiscated and destroyed, and a note on their background-check file, plus a HEAVY fine..

5. A complete review of violent offenders' sentencing,,,.with a lifetime ban on gun ownership.

6. Ammunition should be strictly controlled, and available only through licensed vendors. All transactions would be subject to a background check, and approved ONLY to licensed gun owners.(This would almost immediately choke off the ammunition supply to criminal elements)

7. Any "clip" that holds more than 5 rounds, should be banned, or at the very least, be tightly controlled..

There's seven for starters.

• Members

View Post

To say that you are deluded would be the kindest thing I could say. Personally I see you as being disingenuous. You are, and have been, completely political, advancing the "Progressive" otherwise known as Liberal, agenda. To say otherwise is an insult to everyone else's intelligence and does nothing to enhance whatever opinion we may have formed of your own.

View Post

That pic has no indications of gender, neither feminine nor masculine...he/she/it looks a great deal like the nice lady, riumored to be a lesbian, that I prefer to buy watermelons from. Very fine neighbor.

Or equally possibly a eunuch. Hopefully other pics of he/she/it are easier to identify, gender-wise.

And the fact that he/she/it tantrums almost constantly is one reason why many have considered that he/she/it might be an old woman in the throws of menopause...anger therapy would be helpful, but it's possible that he/she/it just enjoys the drama.

Personal attack masquerading as humor. Shame on you. And given your girth, don't you think that making personal comments on appearance is a bit ironic?

View Post

Now we're talkin' sense again. thumb.gif

1.Personally, I'd like to see sweeping changes. The "open market/flea-market/gun-show" sales have got to be stopped immediately if not sooner. Every vendor should be fully licensed, after a strict and thorough background check. All of his/her transactions would have to follow strict background checks as well. His or her entire inventory should be registered, and subject to a strict accounting process. All guns would have a paper-trail.

2. Mandatory 30-60 day waiting period, for restricted weapon purchases.(Cooling off period, to prevent crimes of passion/revenge)

3.Gun-owners who are careless about storage at home, should be subject to confiscation of all their "weapons". They should be held personally and criminally responsible for any injuries caused by their improperly-stored or miss-handled guns.

4. People who drive around with guns in their vehicles, without permits to do so, should immediately have those guns confiscated and destroyed, and a note on their background-check file, plus a HEAVY fine..

5. A complete review of violent offenders' sentencing,,,.with a lifetime ban on gun ownership.

6. Ammunition should be strictly controlled, and available only through licensed vendors. All transactions would be subject to a background check, and approved ONLY to licensed gun owners.(This would almost immediately choke off the ammunition supply to criminal elements)

7. Any "clip" that holds more than 5 rounds, should be banned, or at the very least, be tightly controlled..

There's seven for starters.

And I would say, allow the people to be armed and to defend themselves. Allow the citizens the same level of protection that the elites have. Do you see Obama declaring the White House a gun-free zone? How about Congress and the Supreme Court? Do you suppose they will instruct their security to get rid of their guns?

None of this belonged on this site. But as long as Libs (all the while declaring that they are not being political, only reasonable) insist on politicizing issues, expect Conservatives to respond.

• Members

Personal attacks are TAH's modus operandi... especially towards anyone who threatens his position of self proclaimed authority here. Nobody talks politics here... unless TAH says so... and even then, you better agree with him.

The fact that you almost invariably respond to my posts, accusing me of wanting attention or throwing tantrums reveals that I'm a threat to your nice comfy position here as forum bully. Unfortunately, unlike you, I work for a living, and can only give a limited amount of attention to your asshole antics.

And now you have a butthole buddy to reinforce your position of self proclaimed rule here at HCAG. Yep you two succeeded in dragging yet another well intentioned thread into your sewer braying your rants about the evils of firearms, all the while proclaiming to be conservative gun owners. icon_lol.gif No, TAH, you have most everyone else browbeaten and fooled, but not me.

Smooth move, Ex-Lax. thumb.gif

• Members

View Post

Personal attacks are TAH's modus operandi... especially towards anyone who threatens his position of self proclaimed authority here. Nobody talks politics here... unless TAH says so... and even then, you better agree with him.

The fact that you almost invariably respond to my posts, accusing me of wanting attention or throwing tantrums reveals that I'm a threat to your nice comfy position here as forum bully. Unfortunately, unlike you, I work for a living, and can only give a limited amount of attention to your asshole antics.

And now you have a butthole buddy to reinforce your position of self proclaimed rule here at HCAG. Yep you two succeeded in dragging yet another well intentioned thread into your sewer braying your rants about the evils of firearms, all the while proclaiming to be conservative gun owners. icon_lol.gif No, TAH, you have most everyone else browbeaten and fooled, but not me.

Smooth move, Ex-Lax. thumb.gif

As previously mentioned, you're kinda delusional, but at least you don't act like this on M-C or Melody Vine, both places where the moderation insists on civilty from the participants.

• Members

View Post

As previously mentioned, you're kinda delusional, but at least you don't act like this on M-C or Melody Vine, both places where the moderation insists on civilty from the participants.

Delusional? Only more smoke screen from you. I think I'll refrain from participating in MC any further.

I daresay that if you behaved at MC like you do here, and in the PP, you wouldn't last very long. cop.gif Perhaps your reputation is one of the reasons why the place looks like a ghost town there. wink.gif

• Members

View Post

Delusional? Only more smoke screen from you. I think I'll refrain from participating in MC any further.

I daresay that if you behaved at MC like you do here, and in the PP, you wouldn't last very long. cop.gif Perhaps your reputation is one of the reasons why the place looks like a ghost town there. wink.gif

Well, we'll miss you, but feel free to come back whenever you wish to. Understand the rules about civility will remain in effect. cool.gif

• Members

Nabisco, and F.F., It's no wonder these discussions never get anywhere, You're incapable of offering even the slightest contribution toward a solution. Your pig-headed "do nothing" stance speaks for itself, and that's why guys like you will get steam-rollered by people who are fed up with the insanity. You're both under the delusion that some sort of control is not needed or even desirable, and that advocating some restrictions is somehow "liberal". Get a {censored}ing life.

Guys like you cringe in your little self-serving corners whenever a tragedy like this senseless and incomprehensible slaughter of innocents occur. Good on ya.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kwakatak

View Post

Solution? This thread was supposed to be a memorial. Not a soap box - for ANYBODY.

Thanks, Neil. You're right. A "memorial" was my original intent. Kinda sorry I even started it now. I guess I should've known better.

Archived