The Official Yamaha Players' Guild.

geek_usa

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow! Awesome guitar!! Freeman is the man around here when it comes to bridge pins. Check the HCAG Annex technical section for more info on bridge pins. There is even a link to a bridge pin test and one of the testing instruments used is a Yamaha.

Good luck!

OGP.

Yes, Freeman's pin test is a fantastic comparison. Thanks.

• Members

I'm in too, I love my Yamahas.

I only started playing less than 3 years ago with an old G225 and love it. Since then I've also got a Pacifica and am now looking for a full solid classical and will stay with Yamaha, probably a CG201 but there's a chance I can get a GC30 on ebay tonight. Please cross your fingers for me.

And when I'm not playing a Yamaha there's nothing better than having a blast about on one, my beloved Fazer 600.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

This thread needed some new blood, so count me in as well. My first encounter with a Yamaha was back in the 1970s, playing a friend's FG-110. I remember liking it a lot, but I didn't get truly smitten until a few years ago after playing another friend's FX-310E. Something about that guitar just completely entranced me and since then I've gone all in on the FG series. These old Yamahas are simply amazing. Although they're all laminates, except for one (a not-so-old FG-411S), they've held up incredibly well and, for the most part, sound better than new acoustics costing 3x as much. I've got a whole herd of them now: 2 FG-75s (one Nippon Gakki, one Taiwan), an FG-110 (NG), an FG-180 (that was completely trashed when I got it and marvelously restored by a guitar tech in Indiana), an FG-340 (simply amazing sound), an FG-335 (in near-mint shape, though it needs a new saddle; the previous owner cut grooves into the one on there now), an FG-200 (what a beauty!), and an FG-331 (not so pretty to look at, but plays beautifully).

Contrary to the advice of one of the folks above, I initially started buying old Yamahas--aside from wanting to play them, of course--as investments to resell. My thinking was that I could get them for relatively little money and they would only increase in value. That seems to be happening now. I've seen some guys selling FG-75s for upward of $300 here in NY (don't know if they actually were able to get that price, however). But my problem is I can't seem to part with any of them. Not yet anyway. I'll post a family portrait soon. Need to charge the batteries in the camera first.

• Members

My FG340-T was my first decent 6-string acoustic, and I bought it new in 1983. Prior to that , I had been playing an Epiphone 12er for quite a few years and was ready for a change. These days, it shares playing time with an Ovation 12er and a Taylor 814C in about equal measures.

YamahaFG340T.jpg

• Members

Join me up. I started with the FG730S and have been hoocked ever since. FG110, F310, FG700S, Pacifica 112 and now my current LL6. I chose them over most more expensive models. Top class fit, finish and sound at a bargain price.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

I have had many a used Yami's from the 60's and 70's....nice guitars. The LL series is an especially nice line of guitars...

My only current Yamaha (which is for sale)  in this Unique AEX500....kind of the "poor mans" version of the AEX1500 that was used by Martin Taylor...good enough for Taylor, good enough for me.

yamaha.jpg

• Members

Been away from here for quite a while.  Life gets in the way.

I have way and I mean WAY too many Yamahas.  I don't know how it happened.

My first was a slightly used FG460s bought maybe a year old in mid 80's. Still have it.  I won't bother to list all the others but will support what someone said previously about both the FG350 and the FN  series.  I think I play my FN595 ( sycamore) more than any others and the 350 is a howitzer. Also have some of those new fangled electrified things they make.

George

Archived