NGD! The "Exception" Guitar

Marshack

• Members

I'm the guy that posted a few day's ago about My first online purchase of a guitar. I was very nervous about buying this way, and having UPS work their magic. The tracking showed an "exception" Twice during the journey, but it seems to have made it. The outer box looked rough, but I found NO-- Snapped headstocks, broke necks, dings, dents, or scatches! Whoow!

So what did MF send me sight unseen? The neck feels fine, no sharp frets, most frets feel polished, No dead spots. Only the slightest buzzing here and there.( which seems to be the case on every guitar i've tested this month), but it's really pretty good, and better than expected. I'd say it feels the same as the Gibson explorers I tried last week.

The wood grain look perfect. No complaints at all. The finish is perfect. Neck joint seems fine. As a matter of fact it's 100% perfect except for 2 issues:

One of the strap buttons is a little crooked. This I can fix no problem!

Alignment of the strings with the pickup screws is a little off. THis bugs me a little more. The screws on both pickups line up dead center on the high E string, BUT the low E is off? I'm not sure how this could be happening as this should be determined by the bridge width????? It's not like they are all off. Maybe they shoud have been all off but spaced more evenly. Would YOU return it for this issue? Comments?

Well here it is! An Epi Korina Explorer.

k1.jpg

k2.jpg

• Members

the issue about the pole peices is totally normal - the bridge width is wider than the pup pole pieces. This happens with a lot of guitars. Don't worry about it - it doesn't effect the sound at all.

Borat Say "Dat's Nice!"

pictures2_02.gif

• Members

I think they only just switched to MIC in the last year or so.

I can also see Explorer types not moving that fast.

And they may not have ramped up the MIC production for this model yet.

...crap that just made me want to buy one.

Archived