Funny Experience in GC, Had to Post

JSRocker

• Members

Ok, so I was in Guitar Center for their Labor Day List Sale. They have a rack in the back that said "Want a guitar to smash on stage? Guitars Damaged beyond repair, $29.99" In this rack were a couple of acoustics, and an Epiphone Dot. Not the Studio, but the one with Gold Hardware, Pickguard, and a brown sunburst finish. I saw if from across the store, so I immediately ran over to take a look. On Closer inspection, this is actually the only guitar in the rack that was unuseable, as the headstock was completely off.

I picked up decapitated guitar and the head and looked at it wistfully for a while, wondering if I could fix it and whether Gorilla Glue and a screw could fix the beautiful guitar, and whether it would stand up to having decent gauge strings on it. My band members said it wasn't worth the trouble or the cost, so I put it back. As a little bit of respect, I put the headstock back on the guitar, (also so it wouldn't get lost again) and there was just enough friction to hold it there.

This other guy comes in the store and has the same reaction. "GASP!!! A Dot Hollowbody for $30?!?!" He walks over and picks up the guitar. Then, the headstock falls off, to his joyful proclamation of "GOOD LORD!!!" as the headstock bounces and rolls over behind a display of Marshalls.

He did end up buying it, I guess he has more guts or skill or knows more people than I do. I'll always wonder if he got it fixed... The look on his face though, as a beautiful $500 guitar falls apart in his hands, that was priceless.

• Members

to hold it there.

This other guy comes in the store and has the same reaction. "GASP!!! A Dot Hollowbody for $30?!?!" He walks over and picks up the guitar. Then, the headstock falls off, to his joyful proclamation of "GOOD LORD!!!" as the headstock bounces and rolls over behind a display of Marshalls.

That is hysterical - wish i coulda seen that.

• Members

Same thing hapened to me once in Macy's when I walked up to ask a Mannequin out.......maybe

I should have glued her head back on too!

So many opportunities here. How about.....

- That chainsaw approach doesn't work too well with real women either.

Archived