Guitar Fetish Horror Stories

jjpistols

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The allen screws ends for adjusting the height of the saddles on my Squier '51 replacement bridge are scratchier against the side of my palm than the stock screws were. :eek: :eek:

200px-Brando_apoc.jpg

"THE HORROR! :eek: :eek:

(but it does load a lot easier and doesn't buzz like the stock saddles did:thu: )

• Members

I bought some pickups, but I have no idea how they sound because the tuners I ordered at the same time were backordered (found this out after the other stuff arrived)... It's been a month and a half now and I'm still waiting... Of course, I'm still waiting for my pots from another site as well, and that's been almost too months too...

so far buying parts online sucks...

• Members

There service is good and I've bought a lot of stuff from them but I think there is a little bit of over hype involved on the pickup end.I think the PAF pickups are decent and are a nice upgrade to a SX or another lesser budget guitar but they are not near as nice or toneful as SD's, Dimarzios, Gibsons IMO and I personally woulden't put them into any of my Gibsons.The Xaviere 500 I had was decent but not as nice as any Agile 2500 models I've owned or nothing superior about it over other MIK's I've owned...yes they are lighter but I dunno it just wasen't a guitar I could bond with.
I really think you get what you pay for and nothing more or less. This being said I would buy from them again if the need arises without hesitation as well as suggesting them to friends who need parts on the cheap.

• Members

I bought a Dream 90 for my strat but had second thoughts as the Mean 90s had just come out. I tried emailing Jay a few times. He never really answered the "specific" questions I posed including how to arrange an exchange. I wound up liking the Dream 90. I know how people email alot of vague questions. I was very specific and tried to be as brief as possible. So as far as that aspect, I have not been pleased. Otherwise, I like the pickups I've bought.

• Members

I bought some knobs for my guitar. When I installed them I decided that I didn't like them. I proceeded to take them back off. Obviously, more wrong doing on the part of Guitarfetish. They should have warned me that I wouldn't like these knobs before they made me click the check-out button. I shall forever remain scarred and traumatized from this incident.

• Members

OK since we are focussing on the negative...

One time- Jay offered a 10% Discount to HCEG forumites that placed an order on a given week. I won an auction for a pair of knobs and then ordered a bunch more parts I needed in the eBay store only to find out that the discount ONLY applied to purchases from the GuitarFetish website.

I was so pissed I didn't order from them again for at least a month. :mad:

:D:wave:

• Members

It was a dark rainy day when the pick ups I ordered arrived. The mailman's knock upon the door echoed through my hallway like the fall of the executioner's axe upon the stump. He stood in the doorway pale with his trembling arm extended a white box in his hand.

I knew it! It had arrived finally! I labored through the night and as dawn broke I beheld the fruition of my twisted dream!!!

The dream 90's, they glistened in the early morning light. I passed out from exhaustion before I got the chance to play them, but as I awoke...it all became obvious!

The dream 90's had caused anal hemorrhaging in my dog and propagated a race of zombies in my back yard!

DAMN YOU JAY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
OK since we are focussing on the negative...

One time- Jay offered a 10% Discount to HCEG forumites that placed an order on a given week. I won an auction for a pair of knobs and then ordered a bunch more parts I needed in the eBay store only to find out that the discount ONLY applied to purchases from the GuitarFetish website.

I was so pissed I didn't order from them again for at least a month.
:mad:

:D:wave:

HAHA
A month?Damn buisness musta went ta hell that month:)

• Members

There was this other time last summer.

It was a blistering hot day, and I was soldering in some new GFS Dream 90's into my cheap import. My sister-in-law and her cute friend who were visiting from out of town came in from the pool and offered me some iced tea. They complained of being bored and suggested that I do more to entertain them since my wife was called into work unexpectedly. I didn't need more of a hint than that. I asked what they had in mind when one of them suggested with a playful glint in her eye that we play a game of strip Marco Polo...

Oh wait this is my GFS whore story. :o

My bad.

• Members
There was this other time last summer.

It was a blistering hot day, and I was soldering in some new GFS Dream 90's into my cheap import. My sister-in-law and her cute friend who were visiting from out of town came in from the pool and offered me some iced tea. They complained of being bored and suggested that I do more to entertain them since my wife was called into work unexpectedly. I didn't need more of a hint than that. I asked what they had in mind when one of them suggested with a playful glint in her eye that we play a game of strip Marco Polo...

Oh wait this is my GFS whore story.
:o

My bad.

I'm still waiting on the VW mini Bus full of leggy blond cheerleaders myself.

When is Jay going to get some of those in?

Archived