Begging for an Anderton review of KoRn...

• Members

He'll write, "I'm actually very familiar with Korn. I plan to write up a page on it for EQ, not so much as a "review," but as an "explanation-meets-review" so people can wrap their heads around the concept.

Review-wise, they do what they say they do - they rock. I think what would help people most is to explain how they rock it, so people could decide whether it's something that they'd want to rock out to or not.

If I had to sum Korn up in a sentence, I'd say that they greatly enhance wordflow but only once you're learned 'em, and there is a bit of a learning curve in deciphering. Technically, the wordflow isn't really the feature and function, they're pretty straightforward. It's more about getting familiar with the bone-crushing riffs and resisting the temptation to reach for the lighter or bong just because "that's the way I've always done things." If you go cold turkey and do as much as you can in the moshpit, you can really start to fly around your peers.

Hey, there's your review!"

• Members

Originally posted by UstadKhanAli

He'll write,
"I'm actually very familiar with Korn. I plan to write up a page on it for EQ, not so much as a "review," but as an "explanation-meets-review" so people can wrap their heads around the concept.

Review-wise, they do what they say they do - they rock. I think what would help people most is to explain how they rock it, so people could decide whether it's something that they'd want to rock out to or not.

If I had to sum Korn up in a sentence, I'd say that they greatly enhance wordflow but only once you're learned 'em, and there is a bit of a learning curve in deciphering. Technically, the wordflow isn't really the feature and function, they're pretty straightforward. It's more about getting familiar with the bone-crushing riffs and resisting the temptation to reach for the lighter or bong just because "that's the way I've always done things." If you go cold turkey and do as much as you can in the moshpit, you can really start to fly around your peers.

Hey, there's your review!"

ROFL!

• Members

A lot of people don't know this, but I'm gonna come clean...I'm Anderton's writing double.

Yes, that's right, after years of ghost-writing half of Craig's articles and reviews, I need to go public with this so I no longer need to live the lie.

Look, you didn't really think that any ONE person could write THAT much stuff, did you? The reviews in EQ, Keyboard, EM, Guitar Player, Audio Media, etc.; the product manuals for Alesis and others; the books; the moderating; the mastering; the music making; the product testing and pro reviews....did you *really* think that ONE guy could do all that?

I take the load off Craig so I can make him look like Superman (not literally, you understand).

I've also just been tapped to do rock reviews for EQ. I've started with Korn, basing my reviews on Craig's reviews, using 'em as a template (wasn't too obvious, was it?).

My review of the Dixie Chicks will be for the next issue.

I'll continue to ghost-write reviews for Craig. Y'all could help us out by sending me all your really nice, expensive guitars, computers, outboard gear, and microphones so I can get started right away.

• Members

A lot of people don't know this, but I'm gonna come clean...I'm Anderton's writing double.

Yes, that's right, after years of ghost-writing half of Craig's articles and reviews, I need to go public with this so I no longer need to live the lie.

Atta boy, Ken! I think it must be true: a life "in the closet" is no way to live. This coming out has got to be a great relief for you. And "they" say that 12-step programs don't really work...hmmmph! ;)

...My review of the Dixie Chicks will be for the next issue.

:thu: Can't wait!! Any insider news yet that you can share with us regarding the rumour that Brangelina's kid is already quite the musical/technical prodigy? :love:

I'll continue to ghost-write reviews for Craig. Y'all could help us out by sending me all your really nice, expensive guitars, computers, outboard gear, and microphones so I can get started right away.

My best mics and pres are headed your way at this very moment!

Rick

• Members

Originally posted by EccentRick

My best mics and pres are headed your way at this very moment!

Rick, I do very very in-depth reviews. You'll understand if I take a year or three to provide in-depth analysis of all your Brauners and Manleys, right?

Look, you didn't really think that any ONE person could write THAT much stuff, did you?

Shhh! You're already said too much. Keep it up and people are going to figure out that Craig was the first guy to successfully clone himself... ;)

Great "review" Ken - ROTFL! :thu::D

• Members

Rick, I do very very in-depth reviews. You'll understand if I take a year or three to provide in-depth analysis of all your Brauners and Manleys, right?

n/p whatsoever! I'll just borrow Brucie the Viking's gear in the meantime. Piece o' cake... :rolleyes::)

Rick

• Members

I'm actually very familiar with Korn. I plan to write up a page on it for EQ, not so much as a "review," but as an "explanation-meets-review" so people can wrap their heads around the Korn Koncept.

Well, I guess there's your review!

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

I'm actually very familiar with Korn. I plan to write up a page on it for EQ, not so much as a "review," but as an "explanation-meets-review" so people can wrap their heads around the Korn Koncept.

now that's funny

LMAO LOL ROFL

• Members

I'm actually very familiar with Gwar. I plan to write up a page on it for EQ, not so much as a "review," but as an "explanation-meets-review" so people can wrap their heads around the Gwar Gestalt.

Review-wise, they do what they say they do - they rock in a Gwar-like way. I think what would help people most is to explain how they rock it, so people could decide whether it's something that they'd want to rock out to or not.

If I had to sum Gwar up in a sentence, I'd say that they greatly enhance wordflow but only once you're learned 'em, and there is a bit of a learning curve in deciphering. Technically, the wordflow isn't really the feature and function, they're pretty straightforward. It's more about getting familiar with the bone-crushing riffs and resisting the temptation to reach for the lighter or bong just because "that's the way I've always done things." If you go cold turkey and do as much as you can in the moshpit, you can really start to fly around your peers.

Archived