Instead of IQ, Post your GQ (Guitar Quotient)

GAS Man

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. That's a lot of gobbledeegook to digest.

Simply put, my impression of what it takes to determine IQ simply: IQ tests measure speed, memory and problem solving ability. These absolute scores were then averaged and the average assigned an IQ of 100. Average is then dependent upon how many samples were taken and how the scores came out. ("Thus the modern version of the IQ is a mathematical transformation of a raw score (based on the rank of that score in a normalization sample; see quantile, percentile, percentile rank), which is the primary result of an IQ test.")

I take back the offer to slap my belly.
:)

EDIT: Ooops, wait a sec...that quote only talks about the deviations.

How is the raw score determined?

IQ tests are composed of several subtests that measure different cognitive skills. Each subtest has a fixed number of items and a max score. Some have different scoring procedures but most are scored by calculating the number of correct items. The raw score is then converted into a scaled score.

Oh yeah, I've got a GQ of 11.7...

• Members
IQ tests are composed of several subtests that measure different cognitive skills. Each subtest has a fixed number of items and a max score. Some have different scoring procedures but most are scored by calculating the number of correct items. The raw score is then converted into a scaled score.

Oh yeah, I've got a GQ of 11.7...

Okay, I think we're all saying the same thing and are in agreement. What initially caught me by surprise was the age factor and it doesn't seem to be included in the above equation (unless I'm misunderstanding 'scaled score').

BTW - Sorry for all the OT posts. :)

Archived