The "PEDALS YOU'VE BOUGHT BUT BARELY USE" Thread

GAS Man

• Members

I have never used pedals, but just recently got the urge to start playing around with them and planning on getting two I found that seem like they would fit what I play: the digitech Clapton Crossroads pedal and the digitech screamin' blues pedals.

Of course, once I get them and play with them a bit, they'll probably both end up being pedals for me to post that I don't use.......

My advice is, buy good pedals. I don't have too many high end pedals yet, but each time I upgrade to something better, I enjoy playing more, which is the whole point in getting new gear right? DIgitech makes some decent stuff, but I would research what your after first, and go with more of a boutique builder, or someone like Electro-Harmonix which makes cool/quirky boutique like pedals at (sometimes) affordable prices.

Go to a place like tonefactor.com or pedalgeek.com and begin sorting through the myriad of choices. As for Digitech, I have their $40 Bad Monkey and still like it, and Boss Blues Driver that is decent too, but I am upgrading to a Barber DIrect Drive. Sure it's a bit more expensive, but should be worth it. Pedal buying can be addictive, so watch out. But I think you can buy just 3-4 pedals and have a really good arsenal, yet enough diversity to make life interesting, but no too many that all you do is concentrate on the pedals and not playing. That's the other extreme.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A lot.

CryBaby Classic

Wizard Wah

Bad Monkey

FX90

Keeley Katana

EHX MM (Metal)

EHX DM (Double)

Arion OD-1

Tube Zipper

RV-3

BF-2

YJM308

CS-2

Turbo Rat

AC-2

DS-7

DM4

Johnny Octave

Dano Spring King

TR-2

...etc.

I'm sure I have more pedals lying around somewhere in the world.. But yeah, some effects I've found just no use for (eg Wah/Compressors/Sorta-reverb). The others I have hanging around cause they *could* be useful. If I really hate a pedal though, I generally try to sell it whenever I find time. :freak:

• Members

Marshall Jackhammer Distortion-Need to play with it more, wasn't too impressed with it the 1st time around. Still in box.

I have a JH that I like quite a bit. I run a Strat through the JH into a HK Edition Blue 30R. Clean is anywhere from squeaky to, imo, nice and almost breaking up and then I dirty it up with my JH set to the old AC/DC level. Then the dirty channel on the amp is set similarly, but I have the pedal EQ'd differently then the amp. So when I kick in the dirt channel on the amp and stomp the JH, I end up with what I consider to be a rather tasty, saturated lead kind of sound.

It did however take me a long time to get the sound I wanted, but I work slowly. I'll twiddle the knobs, strum an A chord and then that sound will make me think of a song. And, I'll play it, repeat indefinitely until I got where I wanted.

I'd really love to hear someone talented play my setup, I love the way it sounds. I just suck.

In all fairness, I bought it in hopes that it was a Marshall-in-a-pedal. It certainly is, however you may want something completely different. The Tone/Contour control can drive you crazy. In the end, those two knobs will dictate how that pedal sounds more than anything else.

Good luck.

• Members

Dunlop 535Q wah - I don't bring it to gigs anymore & almost never hook it up. I make do without it at shows & am just too lazy to hook it up. I practice mostly through my guitarport.

Digitech Digidelay - purchased on sale. Just never got around to play with the thing much. I still use my Dod Dfx9 at gigs, I know the couple settings I use.

Dano fish n chips - Was going to be a boost for my Crate Blue Voodoo. The halfstack is now at my parents home in another city as I don't really have a good place to store it.

• Members

Pedals sitting around here that I never use (all for sale, BTW ;)):

Yamaha UD Stomp multi delay
Yamaha DG Stomp acoustic guitar preamp and effects.
Boss Chorus
Boss Phaser
Boss Flanger
Boss Compressor
Boss Touch Wah
Boss Bass Compressor
Boss Bass Chorus

Pedals I do use:

Yamaha DG Stomp preamp/modeler/multi FX
EBS Multicomp
EBS Bass IQ (analog filter)
Boss Loop Station

• Members
tx2.jpg

Right on, you have a butt probe? How is it? I would like to try one of their "Scrotum Smasher's" no bypass. Very strange.

For me though -

Digitech. I have the RP 350, and all from the factory series (because I work at a cool place, I got a sweet deal on them.)

Well, my RP350 is more of a headphone amp than a pedal so it kind of doesn't count.

Archived