The "PEDALS YOU'VE BOUGHT BUT BARELY USE" Thread

GAS Man

• Members

Maybe it's best used with a single coil/low output pu? I have an EMG 85 and it sounded like when you turn the factory stereo in your car up way too loud. Just blown-out muddy low-end and brittle highs. Definitely not a metal pedal

Nope, doesn't sound good with single coils either! It's honestly the worst distortion sound I've ever gotten, whether out of an amp or pedal.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hardly use any of my pedals. I keep wanting to use them, because most of them are nice pedals, but I always end up back to a simple guitar/amp setup:

TS-808, Radial Tonebone Hot British, Barber Direct Drive, Voodoo Labs Chorus, Big Muff Pi.

The only pedal I use with any regularity is my Digitech Digidelay.

• Members

Middle of the night here so maybe I'm just dreaming but...why don't we setup some sort of effects swap thread here.

Trying out pedals is fun as this thread proves but it can be expensive just to have a bunch of boxes sitting around after the fun wears off. Why not give each of us the opportunity to swap dust collectors and get our hands on some different stuff for that we may not buy otherwise. How about a pedal traders sticky??

There is already a decent effects spam thread over in the the effects forum so no need to re-create that. I'm thinking this could be a sort of pedal clearing house for traders. How about a pedal traders sticky?

Certainly something a little more useful can come of all this gear sitting around unused.

Thoughts??? Mods?? Bueller? :wave:

Edit: I'm going to paste this in it's own thread. perhaps we should post any thoughts/suggestions there.

Archived