What's Your Quirk? OT:

Mike McLenison

• Members

Originally posted by Mike McLenison

I hate gum popping!!! Slowly I turn, step by step...

What bothers hue?

Clacking fingernails. Annoying.

But, I do things that annoy people too....I have a nervous tick where I taptaptap my leg constantly. I think I just need to get a drum kit already.

• Members

Originally posted by blackpig

*jumps out of window*

:wave:

Well see here, Blackpig, let's run this one up the flagpole. It seems that in the final analysis, rather than use a bottoms up approach, you prefer to think outside the box. At the end of the day, this sits well within the holistic model we floated the other day.

• Members

Boring people get on my nerves.

Really gets on my nerves.

When they are really boring, really really boring.

They just go on and on and on.

All about something that, like, you don't CARE ABOUT?

Why are they like that, gah!

I mean don't they have something INTERESTING to talk about?

Usually they are just complaining.

Going on and on about something that bugs them,

it's so boring!! Really!!

Why do they think you care about whatever stupid thing bothers them?

That doesn't stop them - I don't think they even THINK about it.

About how boring they are, I mean.

I mean I have to STAND there and LISTEN, for what, FOREVER?!?

Do they do this to other people, too?

I mean, once I've gotten away, do they just walk over to someone else and start going on about the SAME THING to them?

This thread hits on something so important, I think we should cross-post to the other forums, really.

Maybe then some of these bores will GET THE MESSAGE that WE DON'T CARE about their stupid little likes and dislikes and all that - like what tv shows they think are great and which ones are stupid and how long they had to wait for the new season of some show and then there were only 4 new episodes and that made them REALLY MAD. Actually, that kinda gets on my nerves too, come to think about it. I mean that's okay with me sometimes if someone gripes about something that bothers me, too. But it's hard to find people who agree with what seems to me to be so OBVIOUS. Like this party I went to the other day. I mean I tried to talk to what, about FIFTY people about how they got rid of Regis on Millionaire, and I don't think ANYONE cared at all? No wonder the networks do whatever they want and don't care about quality versus quantity and too many ads and a ton of other stuff that's IMPORTANT if you're the one WATCHING and PAYING the cable bill but do they care?? I don't think so. How can anyone think so? I don't know, maybe I'll stop watching tv altogether. If enough people do that maybe they'd GET THE MESSAGE dontchathink? Sheesh. So they are boring, too!! That's just my point - it's all so boring. The shows, the people, the parties...what's up with the world I mean these days? I gotta go take a leak, hold on, I really like talking about this with you - if only more people would LISTEN like you do maybe the world wouldn't be so BORING. Ok, I really gotta pee, so see you in a minute. Hey are you doing anything later? Wanta get together and I dunno - watch a show or something? Or just talk - I love to just talk. Seems like NO-ONE just TALKS anymore. Man I'm about to wet my pants, hope someone's not in the john. This happens to me EVERY TIME I get into a good conversation, really, I mean why me? What's my bladder got against me? Haha! I don't know if I'll make it...see ya...wow..hard to even walk....

nat whilk ii

• Moderators

Originally posted by Phil O'Keefe

People having loud conversations that are unrelated to the task at hand in my control room... especially when I'm mixing.
:mad::evil:

Which reminds me...

How about lousy cell phone manners. Loud conversations on their cell phone in public. Or waving thier hand to signal to the clerk to hold it a second while they finish their conversation when they've finally got to the front of the line... and you're behind them. I just cut and give them a dirty look.

• Members

OK I have a good one for this crew.

I absolutely go nuts over the insanely bad acoustics that exist in certain restaurants. The chinese chain PF Chaings is one example.

Its got a flat metallic untreated ceiling in a very large open space with solid flooring.

You can barely hear folks at your own table talking.

I find the sonic sandstorm so infuriaing that i refuse to subject myself to it.

How can this be such a neglected aspect of the desig?

Oh yeah. Ever try to buy a truly quiet ( name your appliance here )

I had my master B'room remodeled. I wanted to have the exhaust fans be as quite as possible. I said I'd pay extra for that. I was out of the country when the work was done. Guess what I didnt get.

Then there is this electric broom my wife refuses to throw out. I swear it has a 4K Hz output that OSHA wouldnt approve of.

Why isnt noise level considered an important aspect of such things. i just dont get it.

• Members

Not neccesarily on cell phones, but people who have loud conversations in contained public spaces. I'm on a subway or commuter every day, and encounter these "train pals" that congregate in the same spot every day and prattle on loudly and unceasingly about the most banal topics imaginable, occasionally bursting into loud, shrieking guffaws over something.

Thank God for iPod, but then get a load of this - I wear open, over the ear headphones (NOT earbuds, another peeve) and I've had the train conductor ask me to turn down because the bleed is "bothering the other passengers". I said "What?!?!? When you tell those chatterboxes to keep it down so I don't have to blast the volume wide open to hear the music over them :evil:"

Think he asked the train party people to talk more softly? :rolleyes: One of these days, for parody's sake, I'm going dress like a waiter and interrupt the chatter to ask if they would like to order drinks and appetizers :p

• Moderators

Originally posted by Kendrix

I absolutely go nuts over the insanely bad acoustics that exist in certain restaurants.

Yes, yes yes! I mentally design acoustic treatment while I visit places like that. One of my acoustics instructors Malcolm Chisolm used to focus study on the remedy of these hellholes. He used to do a lot of design work in Chicago and we'd get to try our hand at doing our own designs.

One word... Tectum.

• Members

When people start sentences with "Not for nothing..."

J-Lo sunglasses.

Chicks that wear those high heels that come to a sharp point about six inches after their toes end. Either be a slut or a clown - you can't be both.

People who take it as a personal offense when a band they like puts out an album they don't care for.

Makeup. It's not the 50's anymore. Just look the way you look. It's ok. (there seems to be an unintentional clown theme here)

Archived