OT - cute Russian girl

philbo

• Members
Ken! I must've caught you on an off night at the KC dinner a couple of years ago!

Hey, what are you tryin' to say? I looked fetching that evening. :D

Oh, by the way, I'm sending checks that are roughly $50,000 over the amount you requested...you you send me the difference back? Thanks, gorgeous!

Yeah, you got it, that's always the way to go. Western Union, right? :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
There's a really creepy, seamy side to all that meeting someone over Teh IntraWebs.

There's a potentially creepy, seamy side, sure, but I do think that nowadays, meeting someone through a dating service (Match.com or whatever) can be a good, legitimate way to meet someone. I've never tried it, but it seems like you might need to kiss a few more frogs or whatever - or in SSS terms, you need a stronger filter. :D

I also realize you're probably addressing more of the Russian bride thing.

• Members

As far as mail-order brides go, there are all kinds of girls here in the states. If you think you have to go over seas to find what you are looking for you probably are fantasizing too much. There are plenty of girls here who are not feminists or compulsive shoppers, and still know how to treat a man right in the sack. I think people tend to focus on stereotypes a little too much.

After interacting with a personality that I met on the MusicPlayer forums and knowing him a bit from being around him on the forums, when he came on to me, we moved it to a more personal level and went to private messaging and personal emails.

It was someone that had been a long term member of the forums, I lowered my guards and made that ONE EXCEPTION only to prove myself wrong for trusting in fool's gold...

Ani, just because I had a bad meal at a restaurant doesn't mean I swear off restaurants.

I've never dated over the net, but I can tell you I've had a few good bloodlettings dating girls the old fashioned way. Yet, I still ended up meeting the right one. So thank god I didn't just give up on dating because of some bad experiences.

I think it would be cool to meet girls over the net. I'll never get to try it, but if I were a single guy, I'd probably prefer it. I'm one of those 'shy' people you mentioned. It takes me time to come out of my shell. I'd probably be much more comfortable talking to girls on the net, getting to know them a bit, and then meeting in person.

But of course again that is never going to happen because I am happy, so honey if you are reading this you don't need to worry...:wave:

• Members
But of course again that is never going to happen because I am happy, so honey if you are reading this you don't need to worry...

Oh My God, Super8...

You really need to get on over to the auctions on eBay FAST.... there is this really belligerent chick selling off all of her husbands' music gear because she read on a public forum that he had thoughts of Internet dating.

Full drum sets, a $1 a pop... cash only and must be picked up locally today. :p :p :p

• Members

Internet dating works. The way to do it is to pick someone, email a brief statement about yourself, and if they reply with interest, set-up a very informal meeting. Don't get into a long time period of emailing or talking over the phone, then meeting. Establish that there is a mutual interest, then meet.

• Members

I dated a Russian girl for a time back in the early '90s. Kind of a different scenario than the mail-order-bride thing: she had been living here in the states for a few years before I'd met her. Beautiful girl! Very intelligent as well.

I was dirt-ass poor at the time, but she seemed to have no concern for that. She was broke too. She'd make these huge meals & bring them out to my ratty little house. We'd eat & I'd teach her English. She'd tell me about Russia. The most amazing story she ever told me was how, in grade school, she was taught how to disassemble and reassemble guns. Crazy! How do you respond to that? I told her we had Phy Ed.

Eventually, we just kind of parted ways. Damn shame. She was the kind of girl who - if she had been American - never would have given me a 2nd look. The one that got away, I suppose.

• Members

The most amazing story she ever told me was how, in grade school, she was taught how to disassemble and reassemble guns. Crazy! How do you respond to that?

Yep! That was it. Still remember my first AK. No music lessons, though.

• Members
Ani, just because I had a bad meal at a restaurant doesn't mean I swear off restaurants.

Now that I have a little more time than just enough time to post a wise-crack....

My stance on Internet dating has not been "altered" because of one bad experience. That one bad experience was my "EXCEPTION TO THE RULE" and in breaking the rules that I have always lived by; it proved that I should trust my better judgment. The experience proved that I needed to stick to the traditional means of meeting people and getting to know them well before jumping into a relationship; even if the Internet ordeal was just a meeting of the minds. Getting to know someone well means spending time together as friends and doing things that you both enjoy without jumping in the sack right off the bat. It's hard to do that if you live across the country or across the world from someone that strikes your interest. If two people were within commuting distance and it happened by chance that they met on the Internet; that might be a different story because you could take your time in getting to know one another in a more traditional manner.

I know several people personally that I work with that never spend time without a partner. It doesn't matter how gorgeous or unattractive they are... looks has nothing to do with it. Some of these people make themselves available in one way or another in every way. The same people that play the Internet dating game, those that I know personally, are the same people that hang out in the bars looking to make a connection. They browse through the personal ads in the newspapers; especially those newspapers that are known for their dating connections such as The Pitch Weekly.

They are not choosy about who they take home and they will go to bed with complete strangers without having a care as to what their past is. I'm not into casual acquaintances!!! Never have been, never will.... "CASUAL" is what the "average" Internet dating scene entails as far as I'm concerned. I equate Internet dating services and match maker sites to bar prowling and newspaper classifieds personal ads.... or desperation.

I'm not saying that ALL people that are looking for a partner on the Internet are looking for the lover of the moment, but a LOT of them are just looking for a good time or a way out of a bad situation; the latter of the two is desperation. A woman might be every bit as beautiful as what her picture reveals, she may be charming and everything you ever dreamed about... but she might have 5 kids in tow or she might be the estranged wife of a brutal wife beater that would rather see her dead than to see her with anyone else. Be careful what you wish for; you may get all the extras that come along with the package.

I'm not entirely opposed to meeting someone online... just not those that prowl the Internet like it was a meat market for hooking up. I've never been one to run the bar scene and I've never scoured the newspapers looking to meet a man. There are better places to meet people... even if you're shy.

Some of the women that I know that routinely date guys that they met on the Internet have the guys buy tickets for them to travel, they have the guys send roses to them on the job, they'll clean a guy's wallet if the guy will let them... One woman even went as far as to ALLOW a guy move to Kansas City so that they could get to know each other better only to drop him cold two weeks later for another JOHN that was better in the sack.... She's... well.. let's say.... EASY, but hard on a man's pride if he wants anything more than a piece of poontang. The same woman, in between all of her Internet romances, her personal ads romances, and bar scene hook-ups..... shares hidden love affairs with married men at work that will help her home projects. Some of those affairs are not so hidden.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that one out there.... She's a hoochie of all hoochies, but she plays the innocent of innocents when she's luring a man into her WEB. Most of the women that I do know on my job that prowl the Internet looking for men are the same way or they are complete airheads that don't have a lick of sense.

I'm categorizing, but hey... that's just the closed minded stick in the mud that I am. I'd rather be safe than sorry... You never know when the next date will be with the BTK Killer when you don't have a clue what you're dealing with. The BTK killer lived in KANSAS and was a well respected, (thought to be) happily married man with a family, and a prominent figure in his church... I'm sure that the women he lured in thought he was Mr. Right. How terribly wrong they were in their judgment of character; it cost them their lives. The state of Kansas is my childhood homeland and it's still within commuting distance... The BTK killer met girls from all around the world while paying their way to their death.

I'm not TOTALLY opposed to meeting a guy online after one bad experience; however, it won't be through a personal ads placement or through a matchmaker site. I would tread very cautiously, and with good reasons... being a woman living alone with her children is reason enough. Having a serial killer convicted of Internet crimes that lived within 70 miles of my home would suggest that I was absolutely insane if I didn't pay attention to the dangers that lurk inside the infinite regions of cyberspace.

I do have to admit there are at least a couple of men that regularly post on the SSS forum that have caught my interest over the years between HC and MP. I've wondered about their availability, and if they are available, how in the world two people would ever meet nonchalantly in a public place when they live across the United States or even across the ocean. The thought of the MusicPlayer and Harmony Central gettogethers would be a cool place to meet someone in person, but I'm not exactly within commuting distance to the functions that are normally hosted... Even if I could attend some SSS gettogethers, I don't know that the gentlemen that have sparked my interest have ever attended. I don't know that there would be a mutual interest and the possibility of them liking me... so.... why bother? When the time is right, love will find me... I don't go out seeking to find it.

Just in case anyone is wondering who.....

DON'T EVEN ASK!!!!

I'll never tell my secret admirations!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Then they wouldn't be secret anymore!!! :wave:

At least I have enough nerve to talk to folks that I find interesting on the forums, whereas I'd probably get all choked up and never speak if I was attracted to someone that lived 3 doors down from me. :o I know where you're coming from when you say...

I'm one of those 'shy' people you mentioned. It takes me time to come out of my shell. I'd probably be much more comfortable talking to girls on the net, getting to know them a bit, and then meeting in person.

• Members

Wow, Ani, didn't realize you had that much fire in you...

The last time I got a message with extremely large multicolored fonts was when I was having an argument with the technical director of an engineering project I was working on.... It was fun then, too. ;)

• Members

There was a very tragic case here in Adelaide just recently where a 15 year

old Goth girl was communicating with someone on MySpace and ended up meeting

2 guys at a local beach...

She was found dead in the water the next morning.

A father and son from Victoria were eventually arrested...

Very very sad for the girls family.

Link 1

Link 2

• Members
Wow, Ani, didn't realize you had that much fire in you...

The last time I got a message with extremely large multicolored fonts was when I was having an argument with the technical director of an engineering project I was working on.... It was fun then, too.
;)

:D :D :D

• Members

My butiful sisters and me wish come to America as male order brides. Send money we will arrive in yor wunderfull land soonly make you very happy. I put picture you can see how luvly sisters and me are. We do anything for you cook cleen wash dog we will even sex you.

moment_062.jpg

• Members

There was a very tragic case here in Adelaide just recently where a 15 year

old Goth girl was communicating with someone on MySpace and ended up meeting

2 guys at a local beach...

She was found dead in the water the next morning.

A father and son from Victoria were eventually arrested...

Very very sad for the girls family.

This is the very kind of thing I am talking about. It happens a LOT. Even without the Internet, it seems as though the Kansas City area has experienced a number of serial killers.

Robert Berdella

Neighbors thought of Bob Berdella as a friendly, quiet man who had assisted in programs like "Crime Watch." He had told people that he invited troubled young men to his home to help them when they had nowhere else to go.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/predators/bob_berdella/index.html

Dennis Rader " The BTK Killer"

For some reason I was thinking a bunch of his history resided in Topeka, Kansas, and it still may... but in skimming over his Crime Library file; it appears that the majority of the terror behind his slaughters took place in Wichita. Maybe it was in the highly publicized investigations that took place that has me thinking that he lived in the Topeka area throughout a part of his murderous "career". I don't have time to read his full story...

http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_killers/unsolved/btk/index_1.html

There have been other serial killers that have gone uncaptured.... One that sent terror throughout the area was one where women, mostly identified as streetwalkers, were disappearing and then being found with their body parts surgically removed. To my knowledge the killer has never been found, but he/she hasn't struck in this area now for about 5 to 7 years.

• Members

Well, the DO have to have sex with Russian men...
:D

In Northern California, I used to know a tall, buxom, blonde, beautiful, Russian mail-order bride. Her name was Svetlana. She was like a Russian Anna Nicole Smith, if that helps to paint a picture. Smart and funny and pretty... everyone was jealous of the American guy who'd landed her.

But every weekend, she'd get blotto on vodka, then out would come the wild crying and emotions and temper tantrums, locking herself in the bedroom for a day, crying, throwing things, etc. I guess that's part of the Slavic spirit... :eek:

• Members
But every weekend, she'd get blotto on vodka, then out would come the wild crying and emotions and temper tantrums, locking herself in the bedroom for a day, crying, throwing things, etc. I guess that's part of the Slavic spirit...

A woman doesn't have to be Russian to do that. It sounds like typical PMS to a spoiled brat. :D :D :D

• Members
My butiful sisters and me wish come to America as male order brides. Send money we will arrive in yor wunderfull land soonly make you very happy. I put picture you can see how luvly sisters and me are. We do anything for you cook cleen wash dog we will even sex you.

moment_062.jpg

Do they all talk like Borat? :D

Archived