OT - cute Russian girl

philbo

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You definitely learned to be extremely wary of scam artists looking for you to part with your hard-earned money.

For anyone who hasn't, this is a picture of me. I don't have airfare to get to where you are. Will you send me some money?

24279.jpg

You dirty whore!

• Members

My story (and I'm sticking to it)

I have been using an internet dating service, and last week got a reply from a very cute girl (or at least somebody with lots of photos of a very cute girl) whom I engaged in an extended email interchange. After doing this for a while, she said she wanted to come to visit, and had all her travel documents in order.

A couple days later, she said she'd flown to Moscow and was finalizing travel arrangements. The next day she emailed an airline itinerary, and was planning to come to visit till June 24. But she said she was seriously low on funds, and wanted help - - she asked me to wire her money to get the ticket....

I got to thinking about this a bit, and started wondering why on earth somebody would travel all the way from eastern Siberia to Moscow without enough airfare to complete the trip. So I looked over her messages again, and found every one of them were from the Uzbekistan time zone (UTC+5), but Moscow is in UTC+3. Hmmm.... Methinks a plot is afoot... So I wrote back and asked could she explain why her messages were not coming from Moscow, and that I'd know what it meant if she never replied. And, of course, she didn't. I finally wrote again to tell her she could be so much more than a thief, and that I could only send my pity for the kharma she'd have to live with eventually.

Morals for this story:

- No matter how sweet the pudding tastes, there is always a chance somebody poisoned it.

- A fool and his money....yada yada

- If something sounds good, be careful. If it sounds great, you are probably just about ripe to be screwed over. If it sounds incredible, run the other way.

Anybody got more morals for this story?

I guess your smarter than you're horny.

Even if this wasn't a scam what guarantee would you get that she's everything she sez' she is and gonna' go for you? Tell her or the next one after they get here you will split the cost of the round trip ticket.

For some strange reason I always think of Russian women as fat pigs with harry legs and BO. :D

I know a guy I used to work with who got into a deal like this, and ended up marring a cute chinese girl and a year later her family is all living with them. I don't pitty him he was thinking with his peter not his head.

Find a local girl there's plenty of them already here. If you want something else take a trip to Europe and meet one over there, then talk about a visit to America.

• Members

And Rasputin...I strongly prefer brunettes as well. Just a preference. Don't mean anything ultimately, but just a preference.

I'm partial to asian women and fair-complected redheads myself. They're all nice though. I just like women.

• Members

So, for a period of three or four months, I sort of played Cyrano de Bergerac with him with these chicks (and by the way, many of them truly are stunningly beautiful... elegant and Euro-languourous, serious self-composed in a way-- forgive me for saying so-- that few American young women are, with their ghetto/cellphone slanginess and Manolo Blahnik superficiality).

I don't know what part of America you live in, but if you seek in the ghetto; ghetto is what you will find. There are a lot of beautiful and classy young ladies that are here in America to be found. They are not the typical run-of-the-mill bar flies that tend to put themselves out front and make themselves available to men for the taking. They are not gold diggers, nor are they man hunters. They are reserved, dignified, compassionate, respectful, and they don't come in a decorative package that is delivered to your doorstep for you to claim as your possession.

These girls are often the shy and mysterious girls that observe their surroundings from afar. They sometimes say stupid things when they are approached by a guy they are attracted to because they don't know what to say. Maybe they try to smile, but instead give a tight lipped smile that might come across as an expression of disinterest to a guy that is not overly confident....

I have always felt that placing or responding to personal ads demonstrated an act of desperation on either part. No one has ever convinced me otherwise and doubtfully ever will!!! There is no enduring pride in obtaining something that comes too easily or is available for purchase; if it isn't exactly what you wanted, it's too easy to toss it away and replace it.

As for mail order brides, for men looking for the "perfect woman"; she doesn't exist... not in America, not in Russia, not in China, not in the entire world.... If a man really believes that he can buy the perfect wife, he should inquire about a Stepford Wife..... since he's already living in a fantasy world anyway.

• Members

For some reason I always thought you were a guy, Ken. But the more I look at your picture the less I care. Will you accept cash?

Yes, I accept cash. Or if I send you a Western Union check for $30,000, you could then send me back the extra money and the plane ticket. Either way. :D

I'm partial to asian women and fair-complected redheads myself. They're all nice though. I just like women.

Yes, that's about it!! Especially the ones with an awesome sense of humor.

• Members

Wow - - I never expected this much response! I was just musing over the experience & thought I'd see what everyone thoght.

Ani, thanks for the feminine perspective... After extricating myself from a very long (less than happy) relationship, I am in no hurry to jump headlong into another. But I consider that one never knows where the path to a soulmate may begin... And so I travel with eyes wide open.

• Members

Wow - - I never expected this much response! I was just musing over the experience & thought I'd see what everyone thoght.

Ani, thanks for the feminine perspective... After extricating myself from a very long (less than happy) relationship, I am in no hurry to jump headlong into another. But I consider that one never knows where the path to a soulmate may begin... And so I travel with eyes wide open.

Philbo,

You're welcome!

I've never done the personal ads bit, but I took that "one chance" of meeting someone on the Internet that piqued my interest. After interacting with a personality that I met on the MusicPlayer forums and knowing him a bit from being around him on the forums, when he came on to me, we moved it to a more personal level and went to private messaging and personal emails. It was someone that had been a long term member of the forums, just as I had been, that "virtually" swept me off of my feet with his cosmic cowboy introduction.... I considered that path into the unknown thinking that maybe, just maybe I was too closed minded, and maybe I should trust in something new since nothing else seemed to be working in my life. The thought of connecting with someone that shared the same interests as I did was really cool...

The guy was truly an artist with words... knowing exactly what to say at the right times. Anyway, I won't rehash the situation because it resulted in a lot of insults and hurt feelings, but I'll tell you what I learned from the experience. I learned that the Internet is a place that people looking for a good time can hook-up, if that's the sort of thing you are in to. One person can play the master of disguise and sport as many interests as to what they can possibly work into their schedules. I learned that people can present a false identity or they can wear their hearts out on their sleeve and it's all a guessing game in knowing who's who. It's to easy to sell a person fool's gold when they look only at a picture and never hold the real deal in their hand. It's easy to talk a tall tale when you don't have to look someone in the eyes; it's a lot easier to read a person talking a tall tale when shifty eyes tell a whole different story than the words that are being exchanged. I lowered my guards and made that ONE EXCEPTION only to prove myself wrong for trusting in fool's gold... Fortunately, I never made it to the point of meeting the guy in person prior to discovering that he was not really who he led me to believe he was.

So not to confuse what follows next with what I have previously written above, the latter has nothing to do with the guy described above.

Interestingly enough; my brother-in-law was a correctional officer in a maximum security penn, prior to his promotion back East, and he would tell the family about how these con artists locked up in the penn would prey on victims through personal ads via the Internet or newspaper personals.... men and women alike.

Multiplicity is easy on the web and there are scam artists out there that make a living at trickery of the hearts.

• Members

If a man really believes that he can buy the perfect wife, he should inquire about a Stepford Wife..... since he's already living in a fantasy world anyway.

Just make sure she's the droid you're looking for:

bladerunner-2.jpg

More human than human.

Nice thing about American ladies is I have a much better chance of them getting my ridiculous pop-culture jokes and the like. Not so much with Kamanow Givemejawallet.

• Members

Absolutely, but always travel warily (not paranoid, still enjoying yourself, but still warily).

And you have plenty of time. Even if you do decide that you want a relationship with someone, take your time. There's no hurry.

• Members

I don't know what part of America you live in, but if you seek in the ghetto; ghetto is what you will find. There are a lot of beautiful and classy young ladies that are here in America to be found. They are not the typical run-of-the-mill bar flies that tend to put themselves out front and make themselves available to men for the taking. They are not gold diggers, nor are they man hunters. They are reserved, dignified, compassionate, respectful, and they don't come in a decorative package that is delivered to your doorstep for you to claim as your possession.

These girls are often the shy and mysterious girls that observe their surroundings from afar. They sometimes say stupid things when they are approached by a guy they are attracted to because they don't know what to say. Maybe they try to smile, but instead give a tight lipped smile that might come across as an expression of disinterest to a guy that is not overly confident....

y.

Said in Borat accent: "So you can perhaps introduce me to these young ladies.I will be happy to pay your fee, whatever it is, up front".

• Members

IThese girls are often the shy and mysterious girls that observe their surroundings from afar. They sometimes say stupid things when they are approached by a guy they are attracted to because they don't know what to say. Maybe they try to smile, but instead give a tight lipped smile that might come across as an expression of disinterest to a guy that is not overly confident....

A non-responsive girl that doesn't get herself out there and do things in life (is a watcher as opposed to a doer) and when approached by people that interest her she comes off cold or cannot handle herself socially? That doesn't sound very attractive to me. :bor:

• Members

For anyone who hasn't, this is a picture of me. I don't have airfare to get to where you are. Will you send me some money?

Ken! I must've caught you on an off night at the KC dinner a couple of years ago! PM me your address, and the travelers checks will be on their way.

Oh, by the way, I'm sending checks that are roughly $50,000 over the amount you requested...you you send me the difference back? Thanks, gorgeous!

• Members

Philbo,

You're welcome!

I've never done the personal ads bit, but I took that "one chance" of meeting someone on the Internet that piqued my interest. After interacting with a personality that I met on the MusicPlayer forums and knowing him a bit from being around him on the forums, when he came on to me, we moved it to a more personal level and went to private messaging and personal emails. It was someone that had been a long term member of the forums, just as I had been, that "virtually" swept me off of my feet with his cosmic cowboy introduction.... I considered that path into the unknown thinking that maybe, just maybe I was too closed minded, and maybe I should trust in something new since nothing else seemed to be working in my life. The thought of connecting with someone that shared the same interests as I did was really cool...

The guy was truly an artist with words... knowing exactly what to say at the right times. Anyway, I won't rehash the situation because it resulted in a lot of insults and hurt feelings, but I'll tell you what I learned from the experience. I learned that the Internet is a place that people looking for a good time can hook-up, if that's the sort of thing you are in to. One person can play the master of disguise and sport as many interests as to what they can possibly work into their schedules. I learned that people can present a false identity or they can wear their hearts out on their sleeve and it's all a guessing game in knowing who's who. It's to easy to sell a person fool's gold when they look only at a picture and never hold the real deal in their hand. It's easy to talk a tall tale when you don't have to look someone in the eyes; it's a lot easier to read a person talking a tall tale when shifty eyes tell a whole different story than the words that are being exchanged. I lowered my guards and made that ONE EXCEPTION only to prove myself wrong for trusting in fool's gold... Fortunately, I never made it to the point of meeting the guy in person prior to discovering that he was not really who he led me to believe he was.

So not to confuse what follows next with what I have previously written above, the latter has nothing to do with the guy described above.

Interestingly enough; my brother-in-law was a correctional officer in a maximum security penn, prior to his promotion back East, and he would tell the family about how these con artists locked up in the penn would prey on victims through personal ads via the Internet or newspaper personals.... men and women alike.

Multiplicity is easy on the web and there are scam artists out there that make a living at trickery of the hearts.

I'm sorry to hear about how you feel about your experiences. It is not possible, nor my place, for me to say whether you are better or worse off for having had them. But I sense you came away from it with a lingering bitter taste, and for that I feel sorry.

Just like anywhere else, there are those out there who are in it for the thrill of manipulating others, and there are those out there who are in it for profit, and probably hundreds of other non-benevolent motives. Keeping a clear vision of reality is very important when new unforeseen situations arise. But there are no guarantees that will keep one from being hurt in life - - in fact, just the opposite is true, I suppose...

Hang in there - - (and gently tell your brother in law that what you do to your own house is your own business... sorry, I guess that's a crosspost, isn't it?)

• Members

There's a lot to be said for the traditonal way of meeting someone, ya know in the daily course of events, and where you live, through friends, whatever. There's a really creepy, seamy side to all that meeting someone over Teh IntraWebs.

Archived