Do you hold respect towards the brand you play?

RoboCop00

• Members

Definitely. All of my electrics are G&L. The guitars are great, but so is the attitude of the people that built my guitars. If you are ever in Fullerton, CA check out the factory - everyone there, loves what they do, loves music and loves guitars.

• Members

I have respect for a well-made guitar. That means I enjoy immensely my PRS and two Warmoth/ USACG guitars. Would I recommend the companies? You bet. Am I proud of owning the instruments? Yup. Would I blindly recommend any of them to someone without taking their needs into account? Nope.

• Members

When I'm out in the crowd with my guitar during a show.. I always point the headstock of my guitar right in the face of the hot chicks...

Once they see that "name brand"...

I'm GOLDEN!

I hear them wispering to their friends... "oooh God... he's so hot. He plays a (insert your favorite brand here)." And one of the other girls always says... "yeah, if he played a (insert the name of your most hated brand here), he would be a total dork!"

Then they all giggle, and one says... "isn't tonight amateur wet t-shirt night"?

M

• Members

not really. If the company made a good guitar that I am happy with I will not hide my joy for the axe but I won't go so far as to endorse the entire company.

EG If you bought a nice strat and you love it, would you endorse all of Fender? Hell no! That could be the only good guitar they ever made, and every other amp and guitar was built like crap . You have to be intamite with all the products before you can endorse

• Members
Definitely. All of my electrics are G&L. The guitars are great, but so is the attitude of the people that built my guitars. If you are ever in
Fullerton, CA
check out the factory - everyone there, loves what they do, loves music and loves guitars.

I miss home. :(

• Members

if something came along that i loved more than my gibson les pauls, i'd be on them in a second.

but that hasn't happened. my only loyalty is to what is best for me. to date, it's a gibson les paul. i've tried many others and nothing else beats them for me. thus; i am a gibson player.

it's nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with what works for me.

• Members

I have major love for Fender's basic concepts and design philosophies: I adore my Tele (MIJ, WTF) and my two Strats (for-real 1963 & 2006 Custom Shop), plus I get very nervous and insecure at the thought of gigging without my '69 Super Reverb (though I'm training and tweaking my bluefront Valvetronix to serve as an effective substitute). I've played lots of Teles and Strats which I didn't particularly like, so I'd never recommend ANY old Fender automatically, but their concept and vibe suits me perfectly.

I also have BIG TIME respect for the quality of Ibanez workpersonship and build quality during the late 70s/early 80s. I have three very different Ibanez guitars from this era: a 1975 handmade prototype for a line of parlour acoustics which never went into production (is that gorgeous or WHAT?), plus a 1981 AS50 downsized-335-alike. Neither remotely resemble the shred-stereotype; my ludicrous Explorer-alike pointy DT150 does indeed, but it also makes a killer slide guitar.

I don't fetishise Ibanez the way I do Fender, and I never set out to collect their products, but three times it just worked out that the guitar I needed at the price I could afford was one of theirs.

So for Fender: LOVE. For Ibanez: REEE-spect.

• Members

I am not really a fetishist, but after my last guitar buying binge, I've realized that I've basically filled my palette with classic colours. I now have a Fender, Gibson, Martin, as well as others. My Strat gives me that sound, my SG Junior gives me that other sound, and my Martin sounds like a Martin. They are nice sounds to have, and they're classics for good reason.

What I find hilarious is when people have so much of their personality invested in their instruments that they take it as a personal insult when someone disses their favourite name brand.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

for example, if you're a Fender player, do you take pride in the fact that you play Fender as your main git?

Overall yes. But I def' will have some choice words towards the current ownership "practices" if need be.

For example...Fender...what's with the mile thick poly paint?

• Members

Honestly....
I Love Epiphones.
The Stigma that goes with the name compared to High $$ Gibson seems in the back of my mind 'Still There'
Only because I can't deny the truth that I have bought a copy of a very well respected name brand guitar.
On the other hand the Epiphone is made by the same company that produces that well respected original and I have cherry picked my Epiphones from many played.
I will continue to Love and Play my Epiphone guitars but on the other hand I will never deny that If I had the money in the first place the Gibson name would be on that headstock.
For the subject I can't get any more truthful than that.

Archived