Do you hold respect towards the brand you play?

RoboCop00

• Members

I tend towards Fenders because they just feel 'right' to me. Having said that, i've played some genuinely horrible fenders.

I'd quite like a Gibson at some stage, but I haven't found the right one yet..

As far as amps go, I'm a fan of Laney valve/tube amps, although i wouldn't turn down a 65 DRRI..

• Members

My main guitar right now is a Carvin Bolt-T (super Strat-style guitar). I love it enough to where I am probably gonna sell my Epiphone Lucile and MIA Standard Strat to get another.

While the electronics are not the greatest (they tend to use teh mini-pots, and such), mine seem to work fine. I would recomend their bolt-style guitars without hesitation. Great bang for the buck. However, some of their models are a tad over priced IMO.

• Members

if something came along that i loved more than my gibson les pauls, i'd be on them in a second.

but that hasn't happened. my only loyalty is to what is best for me. to date, it's a gibson les paul. i've tried many others and nothing else beats them for me. thus; i am a gibson player.

it's nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with what works for me.

this

• Members

When I'm out in the crowd with my guitar during a show.. I always point the headstock of my guitar right in the face of the hot chicks...

Once they see that "name brand"...

I'm GOLDEN!

I hear them wispering to their friends... "oooh God... he's so hot. He plays a (insert your favorite brand here)." And one of the other girls always says... "yeah, if he played a (insert the name of your most hated brand here), he would be a total dork!"

Then they all giggle, and one says... "isn't tonight amateur wet t-shirt night"?

M

I LOL'd

• Members

It's not really a concern for me...my main guitar is a Peavey, but I also use Gibson, Fender, Epiphone, Ibanez, Kramer, and Alvarez regularly.

A couple of months ago I had a guy telling me how much he loved that "vintage Les Paul" I was playing. He couldn't believe it when I told him it was an Epiphone '56 reissue from Korea, made in 2006!

I don't worry about what people think of my guitars, because for the most part, they don't even know what they're looking at. Very seldom is one of my guitars bone-stock anyway, so even if you know guitars, you probably don't know mine.

• Members

I play two Reverends as my main guitars and I am proud to the point of fanaticism. When I'm playing these, I feel just a little bit smug that I was smart enough and musically-astute enough to pick up two USA models before they were discontinued. I truly pity those who do not own one of these fine, innovative instruments.

I also receive instructions from Joe Naylor through my tooth fillings...when I'm off my meds. ;)

• Members

I'm into the whole pride-of-ownership thing, and I find that I don't keep the "lesser" instruments around as long. My Martin, Guild, and Fender, however, are keepers, and I'm very proud to own and play guitars that are not only well-made and sound & play great, but that also have some American musical history behind them.

• Members

I'm just happy to play an Ibanez jazz guitar, if I look which jazz players have played them at some point, George Benson, Joe Pass, Pat Metheny, lots of others, I just feel like I'm in great company. Also on the Shadows & Light dvd, which is one of my favourite concert videos, Joni Mitchell uses an archtop Ibby, I just feel even better about my guitar when I see that. But I guess I could have this with a lot of brands.

Archived