Cobert sucks, messed up the Rush performance

curseoftruth

• Members

The sad thing about Stewart and Cobert -- people consider that news.

It would be sad if that were true, but I think that most people, like me, consider it entertainment.

Page 1 had me worried; I was happy to see some of you have a sense of humor. You know Rush was in on the joke. They're smart enough to know they didn't have enough time to play that song in its entirety in the time slot. It's only a 1/2 hour show.

I though it was typical Colbert and was pretty funny.

D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It would be sad if that were true, but I think that most people, like me, consider it entertainment.

Page 1 had me worried; I was happy to see some of you have a sense of humor. You know Rush was in on the joke. They're smart enough to know they didn't have enough time to play that song in its entirety in the time slot. It's only a 1/2 hour show.

I though it was typical Colbert and was pretty funny.

D

You majorly mistaken -- I work in advertising and we follow media very closely. Cobert and Stewart are considered credible and trusted sources of news. The wrapper is a comedy show, however the content is viewed by a younger and mainly left leaning audience as credible news. But in defense of that, there are many on the right consider every word Rush Limbaugh says as gospel. Its not everybody, but there are those who do.

• Members

Honestly, if the band playing was some new age pop-punk good charlotte equivalent I would've found it hilarious. Even in theory it was funny, it just didn't come off as such. I see where the writers were trying to come from, but in my opinion it wasn't very comical.

I completely agree. It was clearly part of the show and a joke. I just didn't find it that funny

but some jokes work well and some don't

• Members

Colbert comes off more like an Independent to me. And from what his accolades say, right-leaning. I'd say he calls bull{censored} on both sides of the isle. His voting record indicates that he's voted Republican twice... but then, this is all stuff I read in an article I don't care to go off and find for you, honestly. You'll have to take me at my word.

And honestly, I don't see why he'd wanna do that.
:cop:

Colbert seems to have a lot of Libertarian tendencies.

And the joke seems to be on account of their name. :idk:

• Members

Great interview question by Colbert, after asking Rush who their influences were:

"You're known for some long songs. Have you ever written a song so epic that by the end of the song you were actually being influenced by yourselves at the beginning of the song?"

• Members
You majorly mistaken -- I work in advertising and we follow media very closely. Cobert and Stewart are considered credible and trusted sources of news. The wrapper is a comedy show, however the content is viewed by a younger and mainly left leaning audience as credible news. But in defense of that, there are many on the right consider every word Rush Limbaugh says as gospel. Its not everybody, but there are those who do.

Yeah, you follow it closely enough to not know how two spel his kname.:rolleyes:

• Members

colbert is actually a independent/republican and is much more funny and more bearable to me than stewart

He's definitely not a republican. He's more liberal then most (or pretty much all) democrats. the real man is just to the right of communist.

His CHARACTER is just to the right of Sean Hannity.

He actually attempted to run for president in both the Democrat and republican primaries. But the republicans charge too much to be on the ballot so he only ran as a democrat.

He was polling higher then McCain as a republican though....

• Members

He's definitely not a republican. He's more liberal then most (or pretty much all) democrats. the real man is just to the right of communist.

His CHARACTER is just to the right of Sean Hannity.

He actually attempted to run for president in both the Democrat and republican primaries. But the republicans charge too much to be on the ballot so he only ran as a democrat.

He was polling higher then McCain as a republican though....

you mean vote wise or a conducted "poll" those have about as much validity as colbert's show

• Members

Do you actually know anything about Communism, Communists or what they believe, or do you just use the term 'Communist' as a general term of abuse for anyone to the right of Ayn Rand?

Unless Colbert supports the hegemony of the international working class, and workers' control of the means of production -- which I VERY MUCH doubt -- then he ain't a Communist.

• Members

Do you actually know anything about Communism, Communists or what they believe, or do you just use the term 'Communist' as a general term of abuse for anyone to the right of Ayn Rand?

Unless Colbert supports the hegemony of the international working class, and workers' control of the means of production -- which I VERY MUCH doubt -- then he ain't a Communist.

Bears man. Gotta join the Proletariats together to fight the evil Bear movement.

• Members

Sorry that you mistake me for a conservative, because I'm super duper liberal.

That actually comes from an interview with Colbert where he said "I don't want to say communist, but you know."

To my knowledge he's very very liberal. Which is one of the reasons his show is so funny.

And yes, I have read Marx and studied the communist movements of the 20th century. Not a right winger. I know of what I speak.

• Members

That actually comes from an interview with Colbert where he said "I don't want to say communist, but you know."

To my knowledge he's very very liberal. Which is one of the reasons his show is so funny.

And yes, I have read Marx and studied the communist movements of the 20th century. Not a right winger. I know of what I speak.

Right on, comrade!

*clenched fist salute*

• Members
Could Lifeson's guitar sound any worse and/or processed?

This is really what this thread should have been about.

Man did his tone sound like ass. Like Vernon Reid type ass. And aside from the bad tone, he almost sounded out of tune at the beginning of the song (although I could be mistaken on that).

Not good at all. :cry:

• Members

Right on, comrade!

*clenched fist salute*

Actually, having observed the far left close up, I'm not a Communist, either. The only tendency I hate more than the left is the right, and I'm not crazy about the so-called centre, either (it's simply the right with glossy make-up and corporate sponsorship).

Archived