Cobert sucks, messed up the Rush performance

curseoftruth

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it was meant to be funny but it just didn't quite come off that way.

Pete, I was actually thinking about you when that happened -- going WTF! Yeah, it was really unfunny, poorly timed, and pissed off a lot of Rush fans. I dug Alex's guitar, nice LP, even my wife commented on it. He had a {censored} load of chorus going on as well, more than Tom Sawyer usually has.

• Members

You should have a Stephen Colbert impersonator come out and interrupt you during your next show.

Then you could boot him off stage. It would be a great catharsis for the Rush fans who wee upset this evening.

That would be funny.

Colbert was making cracks through the whole show about the length of some of Rush's songs.

If you noticed, they were at the same spot in the song when they came back from the commercial break. Colbert going to sleep was part of the joke.

• Members

This Colbert guy.....he's supposed to be funny?

I don't really find him that funny, has his moments. But I usually don't watch him or John Stewart, they lean a little left for my tastes. I catch one of those shows maybe once a month if nothing else is on. I've seen Cobert try to be funny and mess up what could be a really good and informative interview with a great guest, but that is his schtick I guess. He did have a funny Ron Paul joke tonight though.

• Members

Colbert comes off more like an Independent to me. And from what his accolades say, right-leaning. I'd say he calls bull{censored} on both sides of the isle. His voting record indicates that he's voted Republican twice... but then, this is all stuff I read in an article I don't care to go off and find for you, honestly. You'll have to take me at my word.

And honestly, I don't see why he'd wanna do that. :cop:

• Members

i thought when he ran for the primary in southcarolina he ran as a democrat?

My wife loves him, but i can only watch him every once in a while..

i personally thought he was because i honestly assume everyone on tv is one because the majority of them are with the exception of some people on fox but people have told me that if you read his book he talks about it

Archived