i ask for new guitar for Xmas, girlfriend flips out

Argali

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

funny thread..i cant believe i read the whole thing...there goes an afternoon.

Did i miss it or something...what ever happened to the original poster? Did he get the guitar?

and what's up with that atom guy?

haha banned again, monkeydouche

• 1 year later...
  • Members

and unfair. My response was, c****, I'm 28 years old, I don't need to open **** under the tree on Xmas morning anymore, why not just give me money and I'll get what I want? Doesn't that make it easier for everyone? But no, I'm completely wrong and bla bla bla, so I hung up on her for making me feel like an asshole.

:confused:

Sounds as though you have got yourself a girl with a good head on her shoulders who is not shallow and has something to say for herself. She has a good point.

Jesus H Christ,when I was a kid back in the 50's in post war London, parents just couldn't afford much. One Christmas I got a then $2 fire engine I had so so much wanted and every day on the way back to school I'd have my nose pressed up against the window of a toy shop just drooling over that toy.

My mum had to save to get that..Oh boy did I treasure that fire engine and still do the memories of it today. As of course with most childhood toys is got broken decades ago, but I managed to find one boxed on e-bay and won the auction for it.. I have it in a glass corner cabinet.

Don't take notice of all that crap from some members saying you have the wrong girfriend and don't let her influence you, or boss you about.. They are imature and talking out of their arse.

I have been married for 35 years and relationships have their good times and their bad times. You want to think that one day in the far future, if you do happen to fall on hard times, ( And it happens to us all at some point in our lives ) That you have a woman who has some values about the meaning of giving and recieving.

Let people buy you personal gifts that they choose and buy the guitar separatley.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned..LOL

Here's the fire engine I used to drool over as a kid.

1f45_1.JPG

• Members

Haha, thread archaeology!

Fwiw, here's my deal with Christmas and guitars. From relatives I ask for small acessories like strings and cables.

From my wife, our deal is: she never has to buy me a present again. Ever. Not for Christmas, or birthday, or anniversary. Any guitar I buy myself, I consider a gift from her. I promise to only make responsible purchases that are good deals, she doesn't have to shop, and I get what I want at a good price.

Win-win.

• Members

Well, I am lucky. My Dad always gets me something music related and cool (Zoom G2.1u, Tascam CD trainer...) but it is always practical enough that I will actually use it. He and my Mom know if I get something I won`t use, then I return it for money and get something I want.

• Members
I see what you're saying. And I wouldn't even be pissed right now if it wasn't for the fact that my girlfriend seriously just flipped out and was talking to me as if I asked her to buy me a Mustang for Xmas or something.

If you do get a Mustang, you'll probably want to upgrade the pickups because the stock pickups don't have alot of bite to them.:thu:

• Members

There are two ways to argue with a woman...neither one works

The way to tell that you've won the battle but are about to lose the war is when she says, "Aaaaaaaand another thing ...!"

• Members
my girlfriend broke up with me about a week ago because she thinks "i might cheat on her"
:deadhorse:

needless to say, i proceeded to involve myself with four girls since then
:thu:

if your gf broke up with you for something she thinks you might do, then you are much better off my friend. don't look back at that one... :cop:

Archived