i ask for new guitar for Xmas, girlfriend flips out

Argali

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AHM, you are a {censored}ing loser. You were back then when you claimed that anyone didn't need more than one guitar and you are a loser now.

Why don't you find some cave to crawl in like you did the last time you started the BULL{censored} about a person not needing more than one guitar?

• Members

I suppose there are 2 sides to most things. I'm a guitar guy, so I'm always up for a new guitar. I agree that getting things you don't want or need seems senseless and getting what you actually want is good.

But everyone here will be telling you that. YOU are telling you that! So let me tell you the opposite, and tell you why.

Your girlfriend and family don't want to reduce Christmas to a punch-ticket "gifting" day. Also, money requires them to put an ACTUAL NUMBER on the degree to which they appreciate you.

You force them to say, in effect: "How much do I care for AtomHeartMother? I guess I have $60 of caring for him! Here, AtomHeartMother, here is my gift of $60. It is what you are worth to me. Merry Christmas." They don't want to have to do that.

By asking for money, and by announcing that you will combine the money gifts to purchase a guitar, you reduce the importance of their individual roles in your life. You seem to be saying that you view them as fungible commodities. ("Fungible" is a $3 word that means interchangeable by virtue of being a basic substance. Wheat, Sweet crude oil, iron ore, anthracite coal and similar sorts of things are said to be fungible -- one ton of coal is indistinguishable from and is interchangeable with any other ton of coal.)

My wonderful guitar forum advice: apologize; tell everyone that you've realized that each of them is very important to you and you realize, now, that Christmas is a time to cherish family and loved ones. Make a little curtsey when you say it!

• Members
Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

Wie, bitte?

Are you not German?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are insisting the GERMAN GUY is the one not speaking proper GERMAN instead of you and your BABELFISH translation.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

seriously, tears in my eyes. You are one of a kind.

//S :love:

• Members

Originally posted by Burgess

If you're old enough to not need to open gifts under a tree xmas morning then you're certainly old enough to not ask for gifts like some slobbering kid sitting on Santa's lap, no?

Here's a novel idea...

You want a guitar, go buy one. They sell them everyday, you don't have to wait for xmas.

Lastly, feeling like an asshole is a self-inflicted wound.

I like you.

That said, I don't celebrate christmas.

• Members
Originally posted by Shocker

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are insisting the GERMAN GUY is the one not speaking proper GERMAN instead of you and your BABELFISH translation.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

//S
:love:

The only thing funnier than AHM's idiocy is that people are still posting to the OP on the original Christmas topic. :freak:

• Members

ets.freetranslation.com
translates to:
Do you have the sugars for the puff corn? Or besprinkelt you cinnamon on the puff corn in Germany? I cannot remember me.
:freak: :freak: :freak:

AHM's sig...
Gear:
Route 101 Rincon Custom Tele, Parts Strat (Cray body, Allparts neck, SD APS-1's, Fender parts), Taylor 110, Agile AD-20Q

:freak: :freak: :freak:

and jdjonsson sig...
"Why would anyone NEED more than one guitar?" --AtomHeartMother:D:thu::wave:

• Members
Originally posted by GuitarNoobie

ets.freetranslation.com

translates to:

Do you have the sugars for the puff corn? Or besprinkelt you cinnamon on the puff corn in Germany? I cannot remember me.

:freak:

AHM's sig...

Gear:

Route 101 Rincon Custom Tele, Parts Strat (Cray body, Allparts neck, SD APS-1's, Fender parts), Taylor 110, Agile AD-20Q

and jdjonsson sig...

"Why would anyone NEED more than one guitar?" --AtomHeartMother
:D:thu::wave:

:D

Leave AHM. No one likes you.
Thanks for reminding us of the score Noobs.

• Members

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I peed a little.

AHM, is this what you mean when you mention "attempting to sound like you know what you're talking about?"

• Members

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

//S
:love:

Not everyone that lives in Germany is German.

I don't see what is not understandable. It's a simple sentence. I think he's just being a facetious ass. Even if everything isn't totally grammatically correct (I had to look up popcorn...so maybe that's wrong), he'd still understand.

• Members

What really surprises is that so many of your guys' parents let you guys stay up until four in the morning. Someday, you guys will grow up, drop some testicles, and find something to do with your previous akward teenage years other than to bump seven month old threads in a geeky internet forum at 4 A.M. in the morning. I know that life can seem desperate and lonely during the adolescent years; puberty does some crazy thinks to you. But once your outgrow the cognitive remnents of your childhood logicality, you'll see that life isn't so grim that you need to patronize others to make yourself feel something close to worthy.

Except you JJ. I know that you're just a child at heart, you big sweetheart. I know that your behavior stems from other latent frustrations. But don't worry, I don't hold it against you, big guy!

I must say that the simple fact that a few of you are STILL upset about the comments on one person about owning several guitars from SEVEN MONTHS AGO points to the simple fact that maybe you guys DO have issues stemming from a possible addiction to guitar. But you can't talk about it rationally, because you can't think about your addiction rationally. It's like asking a smoker or a crack addict to think about their addictions rationally (I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT!!!!).

Either that or the above statements about being insecure with your identity. But that's part of adolesence.

• Members

What really surprises is that so many of your guys' parents let you guys stay up until four in the morning. Someday, you guys will grow up, drop some testicles, and find something to do with your previous akward teenage years other than to bump seven month old threads in a geeky internet forum at 4 A.M. in the morning. I know that life can seem desperate and lonely during the adolescent years; puberty does some crazy thinks to you. But once your outgrow the cognitive remnents of your childhood logicality, you'll see that life isn't so grim that you need to patronize others to make yourself feel something close to worthy.

Except you JJ. I know that you're just a child at heart, you big sweetheart. I know that your behavior stems from other latent frustrations. But don't worry, I don't hold it against you, big guy!

I must say that the simple fact that a few of you are STILL upset about the comments on one person about owning several guitars from SEVEN MONTHS AGO points to the simple fact that maybe you guys DO have issues stemming from a possible addiction to guitar. But you can't talk about it rationally, because you can't think about your addiction rationally. It's like asking a smoker or a crack addict to think about their addictions rationally (I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT!!!!).

Either that or the above statements about being insecure with your identity. But that's part of adolesence.

TOTAL {censored} that you just posted.

i believe you are HYPOCRITE that was easily proven to be a hypocrite.

And many of us will quickly jump on an ASSHOLE who preaches one thing and does another.

now back to your 4 guitars

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Members

It's like asking a smoker or a crack addict to think about their addictions rationally (I CAN STOP ANYTIME I WANT!!!!).

Kinda like when you asked to be banned because you couldn't control your own behavior?

Is it kinda like that?

• Members
Originally posted by GuitarNoobie

TOTAL {censored} that you just posted.

i believe you are HYPOCRITE that was easily proven to be a hypocrite.

And many of us will quickly jump on an ASSHOLE who preaches one thing and does another.

now back to your 4 guitars

:eek:

So by total {censored}, you mean that it's mostly true for you, but you're in denial/won't admit it.

Thanks, have a nice day! They get nicer and nicer as the dark days of adolesence come to an end. How old are you/how much more do YOU have to go?

Archived