i ask for new guitar for Xmas, girlfriend flips out

Argali

• Members
Originally posted by santos

Ah, Dec. '05!! What heady days those were, and this thread captures the essence of that time perfectly, like a network miniseries.

So, the gist is that being an argumentative, sanctimonious, hypocritical prick on a busy forum with an active search funcion
isn't
a good idea?

Gotta remember that.

yeah, that's about right!:p

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Originally posted by Argali

This is so f-ing retarded. My family is bugging me about what to get me for Xmas. Honestly, at 28, I don't need much. So I decided, f- it, I'll just ask everyone to give me money, and I'll go out and get a new guitar, which is really what I want. So I tell my girlfriend this five minutes ago, and she flips out, saying I don't get the "real meaning of Xmas" (lol) and that asking everyone for money is impersonal and unfair. My response was, c****, I'm 28 years old, I don't need to open **** under the tree on Xmas morning anymore, why not just give me money and I'll get what I want? Doesn't that make it easier for everyone? But no, I'm completely wrong and bla bla bla, so I hung up on her for making me feel like an asshole.

:confused:

Dump that woman, and stick with your guitars, so that way you don't have to deal with bull{censored} arguments, haha!!!!!! My family members all know to give me money, because I'm very picky.

• Members
Originally posted by OmniMax

This thread, again?

Hey jjpistols, what do you know? You're just a lowely "bar gigger"! [sic]

:rolleyes:

yeah, ain't it great? I've seen some great acts in bars, and hope that some nights I'm in one of them

Les Paul is a bar gigger, too :D

• Members

Originally posted by southpawtroop86

Dump that woman, and stick with your guitars, so that way you don't have to deal with bull{censored} arguments, haha!!!!!! My family members all know to give me money, because I'm very picky.

An older friend of mine who has no partner and a huge collection of movie memorabila and paraphanelia once said this to me when a girlf i was with at the time got pissy with me for some non-reason at his place:

"That's what I like about the toys, they don't argue with you. Of course, you can't sleep with them...."

This applies equally well to guitars IMO.

• Members
Originally posted by Edward

An older friend of mine who has no partner and a huge collection of movie memorabila and paraphanelia once said this to me when a girlf i was with at the time got pissy with me for some non-reason at his place:

"That's what I like about the toys, they don't argue with you. Of course, you can't sleep with them...."

This applies equally well to guitars IMO.

who says you cant sleep with your toys :o:p:D

• Members

Originally posted by red|dragon

wow christmas is in like 15 months, what the hell is wrong with you?

Christmas comes every 12 months, and this is a resurrected thread from November/December 2005... So as of today Christmas is just under 8 months away.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

posted 5-14-06:

Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

Are there any strings that add a lot of brightness to a guitar? I got my Seagull M6 yesterday and love everything about it expect I would like it to be a bit brighter, especially on the bass/wound strings. The low E is kind of dull and thuddy, especially. The treble strings could be brighter as well.

I have a Taylor 110 coming in tomorrow and expect it to be much brighter. But overall, I do like the Seagull a bit better than the 110 that I played in the store other than I prefer the brighter tone of the Taylor. I can only keep one, so I'd like to get the best of both worlds.

Could I bring in more brightness with different strings or other "accessories"?

What would make the Taylor brighter than the Seagull? They are made with the same woods (except the fretboards...rosewood vs ebony).

PS: The Seagull has light (12 gauge) Martin strings (not sure which model number exactly). I believe (although I'm not positive) that the 110 that I played in the store had Elixer strings (lights or mediums...not sure).

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1245869

added to the Agile in his sig, that's 3 acoustics!

3 of the same {censored}in' thing!

so if he only keeps one, he owns 2 acoustics (at least)

• 2 months later...
  • Members

No offense, but you guys are pretty pathetic if you have nothing else better to do with your lives (and it's SUMMER for God's sake) than to bring back a seven month old thread and rehash the same old bull{censored}.

This is seriously sad. I really feel sorry for some of you guys.

• Members
Originally posted by AtomHeartMother

No offense, but you guys are pretty pathetic if you have nothing else better to do with your lives (and it's SUMMER for God's sake) than to bring back a seven month old thread and rehash the same old bull{censored}.

This is seriously sad. I really feel sorry for some of you guys.

:D Get under your skin did it? Really I think it's a classic case of 'you made your bed now lay down in it'. Whatever this is it's a monster of your own creation. If you still can't see that then you're feeling sorry for the wrong people.

• Members
Originally posted by Sparky6string

:D
Get under your skin did it? Really I think it's a classic case of 'you made your bed now lay down in it'. Whatever this is it's a monster of your own creation. If you still can't see that then you're feeling sorry for the wrong people.

Honestly, I don't even remember what this thread was about. I have more to think about than some cheesy, seven month old thread in an internet guitar forum. Do you guys seriously have nothing better to do than rehash this old crap? Get some fresh air or something; it's summer!

Archived