What's the most romantic thing you ever did for your wife or special lady friend?

the stranger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gosh, I dunno. Probably married her. We did have a really nice wedding. It wasn't big. It was really very modest. And actually it was in the evening and it was raining, which a lot of people would consider a bummer. But it was a gentle spring rain, and the entire room was lit only with candles. We asked every family that attended if they would bring a candle with their name at the bottom to represent their family. We expected small simple candles, but people came up with some really neat ideas. Plus we had about 50 or 60 of our own set up throughout the room.

I don't remember all of the music, but I remember us walking out to "Caribbean Blue" by Enya.

It was perfect. Probably the most peaceful wedding I've ever been to.

As far as really mushy romantic stuff, that's kinda difficult. We exchange cards and stuff, and once in a while I'll surprise her with flowers. But while I know she appreciates it, she's really not the mushy type. Not like when we were dating anyway.

Once when we were dating I sang her a love song with my guitar which brought her to tears, but I don't think she would react that way today since my singing has improved. :D

• Members

:lol:
Nah that's OK. I ain't wired that way.
:D

That's alright. There's nothing wrong with that, y'know. :D

~~~~~~~

Buy flowers for no apparent reason, roses on a table at her favorite Thai restaurant for a birthday, watching this incredible bigger-than-life lightning storm in the Himalayas from a large window with candles lit for hours...

• Members

I don't know if it's romantic or just unusual, but I proposed to my wife on TV. I produced and aired a :30 spot in primetime on a station where I worked nearly 20 years ago. We were watching TV together so I knew she'd see it. I told a group of friends that this was happening and they all got together at someone's house to watch it, too. After she said "yes", we joined our friends for champagne.

• Members

i gave my wife a night of spectaular sex.

i still have the guy's number if you want it.

Ha ha. This is a funny thread. There are the romantics among us and the typical "guys". I might be inclined to do something romantic once in a while but I prefer to be the football on Sunday gotta be drunk to go dancing person. However, this year I relented and gave my wife her dream. I'm letting her build a new house. It's a nightmare. I hate every second of it. I want to take vacations and buy new cars and have fun, but my wife loves decorating a house and will spend the next 20 years landscaping our yard. It's what makes her happy. So, I gave up any plans of early retirement and vacations in Mexico.

If that ain't romantic, I don't know what the heck is.

:cry:

• Members

What's the most romantic thing you ever did for your wife or special lady friend?

I taught her to read music, bought her a great upright vacuum and took her to see Ozzy Ozbourne. (The latter was a little sad but she's a bit of a bat-biter, herself.)

• Members

Back in L.A., I once was dating a guy who was really into classic 60's Mustangs. His dream was to get a red '67 convertible... you know the kind.

So for his birthday, I found a vintage car rental place that had a '67 Mustang convertible for rent! And it was pretty inexpensive too. Score! I told him I was going to pick him up and take him out for his birthday, but I didn't tell him what I had planned. I showed up at his house and when we walked out, he saw the Mustang and said what he usually said whenever he saw one: "Ooooh! Pretty!!!"

"Oh yeah!" I said. Walked over to it with him to check it out, and let him admire it for a few minutes.

And then his next question was, "Where's your truck?" I said, "Wouldn't you rather drive this?" And handed him the keys to the Mustang. It took him quite awhile before it registered.
And then he completely freaked!

He also really dug seafood, so we got in the Mustang, put the top down and drove up the coast to Malibu, where I had reservations at an awesome seafood place. We ate crab legs till we were about to pop, then drove up the coast some more and watched the sunset, and did some old fashioned making out on the Malbu beach with the top down. He was soooo psyched, he couldn't believe it.

That was pretty cool.
:)

Wow... That really was pretty cool!! You are one of a kind. ;)

• Members

I thought Lee's experience sounded pretty cool too! :thu: That's what I would call top notch "spoiling" your heart throb. :cool:

I'm on the same page as what Lee is as far as sexual orientation goes; go on and do what you feel is right, but I don't swing that way myself.

Some interesting responses given by all the guys as to what they view as romantic. Over the years I've seen some really outlandish attempts at what might be considered to be a "romantic" evening. If a girl is real materialistic; I suppose spending a lavish and luxurious night out on the town would be romantic.

To me, some of the most simple things are some of the most memorable. I have a male friend, one of my best friends long term, that has made numerous attempts at suggesting the naughty ;) and I've always managed to keep things platonic. Probably the most romantic thing that ANY man has ever done for me, he probably doesn't even know it happened.

One night he and I were out on his boat in the moonlight with all the right vibes going.... I felt comfortable enough to indulge in drinking some sparkling wine while he fired up; I don't smoke. As the evening progressed I got pretty tipsy; enough to get the hormones racing. As many times as he has fumbled attempts in trying to get frisky with me where I've called him on it; that night I think that I was probably ready to let my guards down. He was a perfect gentleman while he watched me lewdly wax and polish his jet ski after we got back in from the lake and put the boat away for the night. He could easily have had his way with me, but he didn't take advantage of the situation.

He has told me numerous times that he loves me, and yet, I guess I've always been too afraid to go with the flow... He's a pretty wild one when he's not alone with me. He's an entirely different person when you get him away from his friends.

That was a VERY memorable night though... the moonlight, talking about anything and everything under the sun... beneath the stars. Hours upon hours of just enjoying each others company without .... well ... without letting the hormones dictate what happened next.

• Members

There have been tons over the years for different gals...

but the one stuck most with me was a trip to a fair where we had the most amazing time... we played carnival games, and we won a prize together that we send back and forth between us. We laughed, jousted, had dinner, made fun of rednecks, and then drove back just talking and listening to music. She drove two hours each way just to come be able to do it with me, and I don't think I've ever had a better time in my entire life, and she tells other people about it all the time.

• Members

:poke:

Me and the wife watched The Notebook. That's not the top of the list, but that guy can write a love story. If you haven't watched this with your woman, you better get to it.

Anyway, tell me the most romantic thing you ever did. I'm gonna print them out and either use them, or let her read them. Probably a little of both. Thanks!
:wave:

i licked her crack

• Members

Lee Flier wins. Hands down.

Our first Christmas after getting married my wife opened her gift. It was a DVD of the 2004 World Superbike Championship Highlights. I told her that we could watch it together as a bonding thing. She's got the world's greatest insincere smile and almost took my head off before I convinced her to open it. Inside was a gift certificate for the local spa and a clue for the next gift. That led her around the house on a scavenger hunt for the next gift. It being our first Christmas, she ended up finding a dozen gift certificates and a bunch of other little gifts.

The payback was my next birthday she pulled the same stunt. Only it was one clue. It was such a surprise that at first the new guitar under the bed didn't quite register.

Oh yeah, she made me watch The Notebook once too. I was good and didn't dig my eyes out with a melon spoon (the James Garner/Gena Rowlands half of the movie was actually pretty good). I did get punched in the arm when I kept mentioning that James Marsden always seems to play the loser/chump/beeyotch in any movie he's in.

• Moderators

Ani's post reminded me of this. Pardon the slow memory, but this was about 24 years ago.

My (one day to be) wife and I finished working a George Strait show one night that happened to be near to my home town at the time. At that point she was just a coworker that I'd had lots of talks with on the bus, an interesting and feisty young lady, nothing romantic yet.

Because we were near home, I had my truck with me and she suggested we drive back to Bryan and sleep in our own beds that night, so I gave her a ride and we slid into one of our usual lengthy road conversations about anything and everything.

As I was watching her talk, I just suddenly realized what a large part of my life these daily conversations had become, how much I admired her and relied on her at the shows, and how sad I'd be on the inevitable day when we went our separate ways and I'd never see her again. I realized that I was falling in love with her.

I wasn't thinking anything frisky but I decided I wanted to spend some more non-road tie with her and maybe let her have a peek inside my complex world. Instead of continuing up Hwy 21 toward Bryan I turned off on SH60 which is a small road leading to Somerville TX.

There's nothing remarkable about the tiny town of Somerville other than the large beautiful lake and the absence of boats and people on it. There is one small marina on the lake, and I always kept a boat there in a rented slip for the occasional fishing trip, to unwind from the road, or for the rare romantic assignation. It was a very special place for me, a place of personal peace that I rarely shared with anyone.

After a while, she noticed the unusual route I was taking and asked where we were going. I told her I had a surprise for her. That might have made another girl nervous but her face just lit up in a lovely, curious smile.

I unlocked the dock ramp gate at the marina and we walked out to my boat. The lake was as calm as glass and there was no one else around for miles, not even the distant lights of a boat on the lake. It was late fall, maybe November, the night air was chilly and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

The night was still and beautiful, just a gorgeous night. In a few hours it would be dawn and prettier still.

I don't think she'd ever been in a boat before, let alone after midnight on a pitch black lake.

I drove the boat out through the breakwater and into the main body of the lake. There was no need for speed, or to break the quiet of the night. When I'd driven for several miles, and was well out in the middle of the big lake, I cut the engine and then the running lights.

Dead silence, pitch black, except for thousands of stars in a vast canopy over our heads, stretching from horizon to horizon. If you've never been out on a large lake on a dark winter night, I really can't adequately describe what the stars look like. Looking up, you can't help but feel your heart pound and catch your breath at the sight - it's how people are meant to live, and yet so few of us ever see it.

As we were drifting admiring the spectacular night sky and its reflection on the calm water, I remembered I had a full bottle of champagne in the live well. I figured the lake water would have that bottle plenty chilled so I popped the cork and we passed the bottle back and forth between us.

It was so quiet and peaceful, so restful for the soul that neither of us broke silence for a very long time; we just took it all in as the bottle slowly emptied.

Finally, with a start, she said, "What's that? Something's moving over there!"

I didn't see it, but her eyes were younger and her imagination more vivid so I clicked on the Q-Beam and lit up the area with 30,000 candlepower. To my amazement, I saw a sea full of eyes, the eyeshine from a dozen or more animals of some sort in the water. It was a herd of deer, swimming from the island in the center of the lake back to the shore. :eek:

I've never seen anything like that before or since; it was amazing. :)

We watched them swim by just a few feet from the boat, awesome. :o

After they'd passed, I noticed she was shivering from the cold. I said, "Oh sweetie, I'm sorry, you're freezing, let's take the boat in."

Her reply was a very loud, "NO!" She wanted to make that magic moment last as long as possible, chill or no chill. I think that was the first time I realized that she was beginning to feel the same way about me.

That was 24 years ago, still have that girl. In fact, she just came up behind me and kissed me while I was writing this. :)

Gotta go, thanks for reading. :)

Terry D.

• Members

The most romantic thing I did for my wife was sending a text-message by phone to one of her oldest girlfriends.

One night when Rizzo was asleep and I was insomniac again I messaged Ellen(her friend) this :

Hey Ellie , I don't want to bother you but I have to speak out to someone so I chose you. I {censored}ed up so many things in life and lived together for a while with two other girls. I never had the feeling "this is the one" This time I do and I am soooo {censored}ing scared. I am so scared I could run away to Mexico and never come back. But I won't because right now I am looking at this sleeping princess,....this lovely midget girl(Rizzo is 160 centimeters tall) and I am soo in love....Hey Ellie,....would you mind if I marry your friend and stay with her the rest of her life?? Please never tell Rizz I send you this message,love Booshy.

Her answer was : "Yes Booshy,...marry her you've got my blessing".

And she never told anyone I messaged her this,......................: Except for about 150 people who were at our wedding when she grabbed the mic and read the message to everyone present.

Rizzo cried .....but she never looked happier crying.

I have this on video and it gives me goosebumps each time I see it.

I have those each time when I wake up and see her sleeping next to me also by the way.

Booshy

• Members

When I was in Canada, I bought my girl back home Nirvana's Nevermind album on vinyl, along with a little Nirvana mural thing that the people make and sell on the streets. Needless to say, she liked Nirvana :freak:

I also used to play this song for her that I wrote, and she loved it and I told her that I dedicated it to her. Well, I spent alot of time recording it nicely and burned it to a cd and I picked her up on her birthday and popped it in the cd player, and she teared up.

I felt like the man.

Archived