What's the most romantic thing you ever did for your wife or special lady friend?

the stranger

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great story Terry. :thu: I see that you and your wife shared some of the same interests prior to marriage, and that you were good friends as well. Jeff, my friend, is a musician and we've really had some great times recording together; a ton of fun. He's more the heavy metal, grunge type musician whereas I'm mellow to easy listening. We've put together four songs as a team and he calls it making babies. :cool: His passion for music is as deep seeded as mine. Also, where I love doing photography; he is a degreed graphic artist in conjunction with being a legal professional.

I've said it before during conversations on the forum here and there, I love him, but I'm not "IN love" with him. Maybe there's a fear factor involved having been burned a few times really deep. However, your comment here describes emotions that I've been going through recently with the news that he's looking to move to Florida where his parents relocated to last year. He wants to move closer to them because, other than close friends, he has no one left in Kansas City. I usually work during the holidays, otherwise, I would invite him over here to celebrate.

As I was watching her talk, I just suddenly realized what a large part of my life these daily conversations had become, how much I admired her and relied on her at the shows, and how sad I'd be on the inevitable day when we went our separate ways and I'd never see her again. I realized that I was falling in love with her.

Even with an open invitation to come to Florida as often as I wanted, kids and all, the thought of him not being in Kansas City has really got me unsettled. I miss him already and he's not even gone.

• Members

I pushed her out of the way of a moving car but got hit by it. Luckily he hadn't had the time to really step on the gas hard, or I would have really gotten messed up. It was a Camaro and it was a rainy night so he didn't see us in the road.

I did one of those Jim Rockford things and tried to roll up on his hood, which took away some of the impact, but it hurt like hell and I think my hip is slightly messed up now that I am older because of it.

• Members

not a big thing, but one valentines i got her two roses. one real and one velvet. when i gave them to her i told her i was giving her something real, and something that will last.

it didn't seem like she made much of it, but we broke up and ended up together again about 10 years later, and she still had the velvet rose.

• Members

Sorry still WAY too bitter and untrusting to be romantic.

I've somewhat gotten past this bitter, untrusting feeling recently (some of you know why), and now more simply don't feel the urge to be romantic. While it was formerly "automatic" and enjoyable to get flowers for no apparent reason or to do try and create romantic circumstances or do romantic things, it now simply doesn't occur to me to do this anymore. That part of me has shriveled up. I suppose one has to be especially mindful of this and try and get back into the "habit" of doing this, I don't know, but for now, I don't have the urge to do it, and it simply doesn't occur to me.

• Members

I slipped a $3000 ring on my wife's finger while she was asleep, the morning of my wife's 30th birthday (our 3rd anniversary was two days before, and my birthday is a week before that, so we combine all three days).

I picked it out myself...just had a gut feeling that she would like it.

The cost wasn't a factor...but I just wanted to get something to let her know I love her.

I was in a terrible financial situation when I proposed to her, and while she loves the engagement ring I bought her then, I always wanted to get her something with a lot more "flash".

When the lady at the jewelry store showed me this ring, it had so much fire in it (a pear-shaped stone surrounded by smaller stones plus baguettes on the band), that it practically blinded me. I looked at a few others, but i knew when I saw it, I was buying that ring.

Well...she *loved* it, and when we went to have it sized, she looked at all the other rings in the store and said she would have picked the same one. evn over rings that were in the $5-6k range.

Funny thing was she didn't even notice it until she started eating the breakfast-in-bed I had made for her, and when she saw it, she shrieked and just missed stabbing my eye with her fork, she was so excited.

I don't know if this qualifies as romantic, but she thought it was (she says it has triggered "ring envy" among some of her friends)...and it felt nice, knowing that I had "done good".

Archived