I hadn't seen this hideous monstrosity before, had you? Gibby content

GAS Man

• Members

Wow. An SG + a Flying V.

Gibson took the two ugliest guitar designs they ever made, and combined them into something even worse than either of them. It's kind of amazing, in a way. Like a really spectacular train wreck.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow. An SG + a Flying V.

Gibson took the two ugliest guitar designs they ever made, and combined them into something even worse than either of them. It's kind of amazing, in a way. Like a really spectacular train wreck.

You are {censored}ing nuts, the V is a thing of beauty and are a joy to play. SOrry its not a Tele for ya.

• Members

You are {censored}ing nuts, the V is a thing of beauty and are a joy to play. SOrry its not a Tele for ya.

I don't care much for the many radical body shapes out there, but the Vee is actually a great design. Sitting down with a Vee is easily the worst part of the design. Gibson should've invented something like that little lever fold down thingee on the Steinberger broomstick guitars. The rubber strip barely does the job.

• Members
Looks like the Darth Maul signature model

What's next, Gibson? a singlecut/SG/Flying V/semihollow?

pumpkin-hurl.jpg

Lol, was thinking the same thing when i saw it. It should have two necks to be a true Darth Maul signature model. Can someone please photoshop this???

• Members

I love flying Vs.

I love SGs.

This design COULD be done right.

The body at the front needs MUCH deeper beveling.

The cutaways need to be farther back, so as not to hinder the upper fret access of a V.

The tailpiece would be better as either a stop tailpiece or tremolo.

The pickups SHOULD NOT be active. Gibson 496R, 498T, would be a fitting combo.

A worn brown, or faded cherry finish, with silver top knobs, would look much more tasteful.

The headstock, no inlays, it should be that printed on one, like on the 70's "The paul" and acoustics.

The inlays, as crescents would look quite nice.

I'll do a photoshop mockup of how this body shape COULD look good, and play well.

Archived