NGD. Never thought I would get one of these.

metal0822

• Members

Well I got an LP:confused: I have always hated these things, but I went in to GC to trade in my BC Rich I have been trying to get rid of for like 300. I figured I would get like 175 and get like a pickup and a pedal and maybe a couple little things if I got lucky. Anyways, the salesman, being an idiot, thought it was like some old bc rich model or something and new of Suffocation. He plugged it in to a horrible peavey 1x8 combo and I heard him secretly talking to the other employees saying it played and sounded really great. So I started trying out some higher end squier teles, and he said he can give me 250 cash or 300 for trade in. So I started playing with a MIM standard tele, and he said he could possibly get me the 379 for my bc rich. At this point I was shocked, and excited. Then I found this LP, which was marked down from 650 to 425 because of shipping damage (knob got crushed against the body, and there is a small crack below the knob. I plugged it in, and it blew me away. It sounds AWESOME, and the setup and intonation are about as perfect as can be. I had to take it home, so I took out 75 bucks and the deal was done. My friend also screwed GC yesterday. He got a brand new GIbson Explorer that was a floor model so its a little dinged up on the edges where there would normally be a body binding....300 bucks! I thought I got a good deal:facepalm: What a great day at GC:) Pics in a minute!

• Members

HNGD, and let me say this: GC is either desperate, or are taking their market research surveys seriously.

Case in point: Last weekend, I went to several Chicago-area GCs looking for something "different" (for me that's from Epis. Squiers, and Fenders). I ended up landing a PRS SE Singlecut brand new with no issues for $450 OTD. The usual selling price is $599, and I believe this one was mismarked to $499, less the 10% discount. Not a bad deal, and I LOVE the guitar !

Now, here's where it gets much hotter. I had forgotten a $15 gift card they sent me in the mail for last weekend only. My wife says, hey, why don't you go back and spend it on SOMETHING? So, I goes back last Sunday. I look around and find nothing I really can use. On my last lap around the main guitar floor, I see a Breedlove Atlas CM25 acoustic/electric. It normally sells for $999. They had a clearance tag on it:

$50.00 :eek::eek:

I literraly RUN behind the counter where it was in the stand, and picked it up. It had about 5" worth of damage on the lower-right bought, where the top wood came away from the binding, and about 1/8'' of the paint was gone. But it is easily repairable. the neck, sides and back are perfect. The only other issues is that the Fishman preamp/pickup does not work. That can be replaced at relatively low cost. I went to the manager and asked if this was a mistake; he said "No. Want me to ring it up?"

DUH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had originally put it in the spam thread, and received some offers at a decent profit, but when am I going to come across another deal like that ???
And I have still been a bit busy with other things to take some new pics of both guitars, but I think I deserve a NGDx2 thread, no ???

I just received another (long) survey from GC that asked a lot of questions regarding 1) Mix of product, and 2) Satisfaction with availability of used instruments.

They may be getting ready to open their arms to better trade value and a better selection in the not too distant future...

Sorry if I deviated too far; again HNGD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thu:

• Members

If I was in your place I would be thinking :cry: then total refinish or even a retop, even spraying black over the damaged finish to hide it, anything but that hideous damage.

That's me though. Nothing uglier than finish damage on anything that's not a Fender, and even then I draw the line at minor dings and worn off finish. This borders on damaged wood.

• Members

the worn off paint on the sides is cleared over. apparently its a relic model or something? I didnt believe him but when I looked at the flat clearcoat it made perfect sense. It came like that!! Plus, Im just glad I got a great trade in value for my guitar I didnt even like.

• Members

the bc rich was a bolt on platinum edition zombie with duncan distortions in it and HSC. the last one went on ebay for 177. its not so much that i got a great deal for the epi for 425...its that they gave me 350 for my guitar. so 425 for the epi is actually about right, not really a deal on either end...but getting 350 for my guitar...i raped GC. And my friend getting a barely beat up brand new explorer for 300 was also just amazing. this thing feels perfect. I have never liked a les paul until I played this...and going from something i have never liked to my number 1 choice in the store should say alot. I played about 20 guitars yesterday looking for the one that...in order...felt right, sounded right, looked right. honestly screw the ding, the guitar feels great and sounds great and i got an amazing deal on it. i couldnt be happier, even if the damage wasnt there, i could really care less, i cant get my hands off this thing. :thu:for me!

Archived