How many of you can access all 7 pickup combinations on your Strat?

elsupermanny14

• Members

I'm curious about how many of you guys have the extra 6th and 7th pickup combination available on your Strats. For you guys that do, are you using a blender pot? push/pull pot? engaging button?

Let me know how much you guys like it and what would be the best way of getting the extra combinations.

Thanks guys!

• Members

I have my neck wired to a volume pot, exclusively. Not on the 5 way. So I can blend it in with any combination on the 5 way. The 5 way is Humbucking, br, series, parallel and mid... Bringing the neck into those settings produces all kinds of interesting tonal shades.

• Members

I had a strat with the 'force neck pup on' switch.

Right now, the only guitar I have that I can do all 7 positions is an Ibanez that is H/S/S and has a 3 way toggle and three knobs. The positions are bridge and middle, all three pickups, or neck and middle. The knobs are master volume, master tone and middle pickup volume.

The good thing is not only does it allow all 7 positions, but it allows a balance control over almost every position. The draw back is that if you want to go from neck only to neck and middle, you need to roll that middle volume knob which is certainly less intuitive than flicking a switch.

• Members

I have one of my strats with an on/off toggle for the bridge, so I can get all 7 combinations.

I made a loaded pickguard with the three little toggle switches yielding 13 different combinations (serial and paralell). I liked the tones, all three in series was like a cannon, but it was too complicated to operate on the fly and the way you have to do the ground to get series introduced additional noise into the circuit. So I have it laying in my drawer now.

• Members

I just resolder the switch so the first three selections are like a les paul F F/R R(with tone) then MR and M with no tone. Works good for me as i never use middle alone- and i can switch between strats and les pauls with the same switching system.

• Members

I have a push pull vol pot on one of my strats which will add the bridge pu to the neck and neck + mid positions. I like the necl + bridge - not quite a tele sound, but a lot of chime to it. Nice rhythm sound. All three isn't for me

• Members

Same here, and honestly the extra 2 configs are the only ones I use

e1d2fd05.jpg

I really love the finish on these. I was jonesing for the blue one really bad last year, but a change in PUPs on my strat copy shifted my ardor away from another strat to all things Tele.

But I still really love the finishes on those players strats.

Archived