My Little Girl is gone

Axeslinger

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Such a lovely lovely young lady. Having a young daughter myself that I am very close to, I feel so very bad for your loss. Words are just so inadequate.

She seems to radiate such a wonderful spirit in your pictures. A few folks like GP and Dave are better with words than I and probably have a better spiritual understanding. Just know that she is in a better place and that the bond you share will never be broken. Stay strong brother.

• Members

I can't begin to fathom your loss. My world revolves around my daughters - take them away and I wouldn't know where, or whether, to start. You have my deepest sympathy.

Don't know what you'll think of this, but worth a try. A song that's helped me get through some very dark times is Peter Gabriel's "San Jacinto". The lyrics are ambiguous enough to accommodate a lot of meanings, but the basic theme is the need to dig deep for untapped strength when pushed to the breaking point. That, and the knowledge that you are not alone - generations have come before, generations will come after, and together we are strong:

I hold the line
The line of strength that pulls me through the fear
San Jacinto, I hold the line
San Jacinto, the poison bite and darkness take my sight
I hold the line
And the tears roll down each swollen cheek
Think I'm losing it, getting weaker
I hold the line
I hold the line
San Jacinto, yellow eagle flies down from the sun
From the sun

May you find that strength in your time of need.

• Members

My sister is just about to turn 19 and is currently staying with me as she is on the outs with our parents. My sister looks very much like your daughter which made it hit home all the more. I wish you and yours all the peace that you may be able to find. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

• Members
There are people here I thought might want to know and I just don't have it in me to do this via PMs.. I'm sorry...

I buried my baby girl yesterday......

Erika.jpg

angel.jpg
Erika Nicole

1/9/88-7/5/08

My family grieve your loss and our prayers are with you during this, the most trying of times. We lost our son to an accident almost 18 years ago and know the worst will hopefully pass.

• Members

My deepest condolances to and your family. I have four beautiful daughters and can't phantom my life without any of them. This brings back to me the memory of Ancient Mariner's loss some years ago. You and him know now something we don't.

Archived