My Little Girl is gone

Axeslinger

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's my little stinker. This one has daddy wrapped around her finger pretty damn tight.

DSCN2318.jpg

DSCN1294.jpg

DSCN2213.jpg

This is my boy. Well, he's 23 so I guess I shouldn't say boy. Guitar playing is in the DNA I suppose.

DCP_1436.jpg

Still thinking about you Axe. Take it one day at a time.

• Members
Erika3.jpg

:cry:
:cry:

That's a particularly pretty picture of your daughter there axe. Great eyes, mouth, hair, etc, I'd go on, but don't want to come across like a perv on this solemn matter.

I know the tragic loss of her has got to hurt like hell. I'd be righteously inconsolable if she was my daughter. I just have the one boy (25 yo now) and he has always favored momma. I've often thought I missed the boat by not having a daddy's girl too. To have had that and lost it is such a tragedy.

Again, my sincerest condolences.

• Members
Here's my little stinker. This one has daddy wrapped around her finger pretty damn tight.

DSCN2318.jpg
DSCN1294.jpg

uh oh, pete - a multi-instrumentalist on yer hands. you're gonna have to beat the boys away when she gets older!

(i recommend taking a cue from keef and usin a tele to chop 'em down)

• Members
OR: it could be that I only THINK I am talking to them like an adult but in reality, my immaturity is a result of my brain stopping to develop at around the age of 15, so the kids in fact think I AM one of them.

They are probably not entirely wrong.
:p

i just saw this, dave ... and i think you're probably right. about both of us!

• Members

Sorry fellas..

it's been a month tonight.. Everyone is ready to move on.. I get that..

but it seems like a moment ago to me...

ErikaBritt.jpg
Erika age 15,, at her older sister and my remaining daughter's graduation.....

Thank you again to everyone that has put up with and showed compassion to me in the worst month of my life...

• Members

Talk of guitars will, of couse, carry on.

But I can speak for myself, at least, that I will never forget the picture of your daughter or how I felt the first time I saw this thread.

It will continue to brings tears to my eyes every time I see it.

I keep coming back though, because there is alot of goodness in here.

Couldnt even remotely come close to being a consolation for what has happened, but as talk of guitars carries on, dont think that we arent thinking of you, praying, and caring.

We are.

• Members

Thanks Dave...

The woman in the picture with my daughters is their mother.. We've been apart for quite some time.. She's taking this worse than I am as any woman would expect..

This is my wife and better half of almost 15 years..

And THE reason I've kept my sanity this far..
I generally would NEVER think of posting her picture here .. But she deserves so much credit.... I without a doubt would be a very destructive individual right now if not for her...

2.jpg

• Members
Sorry fellas..

ErikaBritt.jpg

Thank you again to everyone that has put up with and showed compassion to me in the worst month of my life...

While the conversation may move on, no one here will ever be the same again.

Nor will we ever forget this or you.

It has moved us all and made us realise mortality is closer than we may have thought.

We will appreciate loved ones more and, as a result, we will share in the grief and sorrow of others.

Erica has given us this gift and we will cherish it in our own lives.

Keep posting, Axe.

• Members

Thanks Dave...

The woman in the picture with my daughters is their mother.. We've been apart for quite some time.. She's taking this worse than I am as any woman would expect..

This is my wife and better half of almost 15 years..

And
THE
reason I've kept my sanity this far..

I generally would NEVER think of posting her picture here .. But she deserves so much credit.... I without a doubt would be a very destructive individual right now if not for her...

2.jpg

I am really happy to hear she is there for you right now, and you for her.

• Members

I was actually just thinking about bumping this thread, to make sure you knew we were still keeping you in our thoughts. I had become distressed that it had dropped, as I'm still reminded of your loss constantly...

My little girl turns 7 on Monday. she's still getting lots of extra hugs in honor of yours - not that she ever had a shortage of hugs.

• Members

Sorry fellas..

Axeslinger, I can honestly say that I have not moved on. Since I read this thread for the first time, there hasn't been one day that I didn't look at my kids and take an extra mental picture. Even when the day to day gets hectic and they sometimes try my patience, I remind myself that every day is a gift. I appreciate you sharing pics of the rest of your family. It makes me feel better to know that you have people who are there for you. You are still in my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

While the conversation may move on, no one here will ever be the same again.

Nor will we ever forget this or you.

It has moved us all and made us realise mortality is closer than we may have thought.

We will appreciate loved ones more and, as a result, we will share in the grief and sorrow of others.

Erica has given us this gift and we will cherish it in our own lives.

Keep posting, Axe.

I could not have said it any better. No Apoligies necessary Axe. Keep on keeping on Man. You and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Please, no apologies needed. Nobody expects you to be ready to move on, and we are honored that you are sharing this devastating experience with us, hopefully thereby allowing us to take a sliver of edge off of the pain in the process. Post all you want, we're here for you. And believe me: we all wish we could do more as I am sure you would if you were in our shoes.

While most of us can't truly understand the actuality of your pain, we understand the concept and we respect the way in which you have handled the situation. You're a better man than I am.

Be strong. And when you're not, don't worry about it. Those who love you will be there for you.

Sorry fellas..

ErikaBritt.jpg

• Members
Sorry fellas..

prayers and mojo brother. life will never again be the same....:cry:

but life does continue ;) hang in there Axe... we're here for you man !!!!

• Members

hey axe...
just thinking of you and your family...

i subscribed to this thread early on, with intentions of continuing to support and encourage you...

yet i have little more to offer, other than my thoughts and prayers, which seem to me, less than adequate...

but know that i still think of you often...
and pray for your peace and continued strength...

i am encouraged, (as i hope you are), by the outpouring of support and caring i have witnessed here, from mostly unknown, faceless, web acquaintances...

it's reassuring and pleasing to find renewed faith in people...especially since the media only covers the worst of human nature...

may each day that passes, bring healing to your heart, comfort to your soul and confidence that there are good people everywhere, willing to share of themselves for the benefit of others...

God bless you and your family...

Archived