My Little Girl is gone

Axeslinger

• Members
bein the wacky uncle rules; for sure!

Oh hell yeah! My sister once told me, "Parents are there to discipline the kids, and uncles are there to spoil them." I see no problem with that! :thu:

I have 10 nieces and nephews and I love everyone of them (I'd post pics but their parents wouldn't like it). I'm the one who gets silly with them, buys them weird and wonderful presents (this year, each family is getting a set of boomwhackers!).

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Whacky, oddball, blacksheep of the family checkin in. I love all my neices, nephews etc, and I think it is the same way. You have a good point Aenamated. I have always tended to naturally talk to children more like they are adults and they seem to respond fine to it.

OR: it could be that I only THINK I am talking to them like an adult but in reality, my immaturity is a result of my brain stopping to develop at around the age of 15, so the kids in fact think I AM one of them.

They are probably not entirely wrong.
:p

Yeah, I end up talking to my niece about the Dragonriders of Pern and teasing her mercilessly, and my nephew about music, guitars, drums, computer games, and "Phineas and Ferb."

I guess that's why I don't feel 50.

• Members

Again,, I have to thank everyone that has reached via pm.. I feel I need to explain again that I'm extremely grateful for the many offers of donations but I just can't accept them.. The only people I've allowed to do this is the people on the forum I've administrated for a long time because a lot of those guys have known me for years.. It's not my intention to offend anyone.. I hope everyone understands...

I've had a few suggestions about raffles.. I'm thinking that one over..

Thank You again everyone that has reached out in this thread and via PM..

Now back to the pics......

• Members

I"m gonna kick myself in the head for this, but in the spirit of things, and not being a father, here's a pic of me as a kid.
This was one of my first "real" gigs, ie. not a house party. I was about 10 here I'm guessing, playing a shopping center opening with Damon and our guitar teacher on bass.
That's the original Yamaha Tele that was stolen shortly thereafter that I recently reaquired this year (I didn't get THE one, but one just like it).
I'm sporting "mom's side of the family" hair here for some reason. I was born with kinky curls, then it went straight, now it's back to kinky. Amen to being a mutt.
Bradfords_02.jpg

• Members
Hmm. Interesting. I don't think that your guitar teacher has his bass strapped up high enough.
:cool:

Oh, and nice pair of shorty shorts, Officer Dangle.

19.jpg

sorry yo. the shorts were from the 70's. i was merely a victim of the times :facepalm:

• Members

i'm very sorry to see such a young lady loose her life at this age. My heart goes out to you and your family. I pray that Jesus Christ comforts you & all that knew her. I hope that you have a church helping everyone with their thoughts & feelings. Our prayers are with you. please contact me if you have any prayer requests or needs.

• Members

When I saw this thread, I was expecting to see somebody's little girl all dressed up in her prom outfit or wedding gown with the thread title being metaphorical. What a shock to the system to see this horrible news. :cry: I am so sorry, axeslinger... Prayers of strength and comfort to you and your family...

• Members
Thank you guys..

Somewhere in this pic is a future terrible guitarist:facepalm:

STgrade.jpg

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2040527

Awww Axe. I think you're trying to make someone feel a little better about their photo.
Unless that future guitar player is one of those young lads who also happens to be wearing a dress, it's not gonna work.
Those shorts were SHORT.

:lol

• Members

Awww Axe. I think you're trying to make someone feel a little better about their photo.

Unless that future guitar player is one of those young lads who also happens to be wearing a dress, it's not gonna work.

Those shorts were SHORT.

:lol

Obviously "Hot for Teacher" wasn't written by anyone in THAT class:eek:

• Members
But see, that just wouldn't happen.. My girl is far too intelligent to wear something like that..

rocky top, you'll always be, home sweet home to meeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeee! good old rocky top WOO! rocky top tennessee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

:thu:

Hey Axe - what IS this catterwalling RaVenCad posted??? :confused::eek::p

Taste in clothing aside, that's one cute little girl you have RaVen. :wave:

Archived