rocktropolis.net - a better soundclick

aenemated

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

update - invite system, registration, user system (login/logout) all done - but not thoroughly tested. no big deal. soft launch and all.

next up i'm gonna knock out building your channel - adding tracks and such. following, i'll build out the player - the most important part.

yall think just a player that pulls all a user's tracks into a sortable playlist would be cool? or one that just plays one individual track?

i'm thinking maybe both. on a user's channel page, it just has a "jukebox," so to speak - but it'll also list all of user's tracks with mini players for each one, so you can play every single one at the same time if you wanted to (in reference to metallica_00's point - which i totally agree with.)

and possibly a way to launch an external version of the jukebox.

also, i was thinking of allowing each track to be categorized - and also have tags added for an eventual site wide search - though, only the owner of the track can tag it.

for the "charts," i was thinking of tracking individual listens - but the catch is, the listen isn't recorded until you've listened to the whole thing. help keep the charts a little more honest. and show charts for overall as well as by category.

anyone else has any ideas, throw 'em out. i can't think of EVERYTHING here. :)

• Members

update - invite system, registration, user system (login/logout) all done - but not thoroughly tested. no big deal. soft launch and all.

next up i'm gonna knock out building your channel - adding tracks and such. following, i'll build out the player - the most important part.

yall think just a player that pulls all a user's tracks into a sortable playlist would be cool? or one that just plays one individual track?

i'm thinking maybe both. on a user's channel page, it just has a "jukebox," so to speak - but it'll also list all of user's tracks with mini players for each one, so you can play every single one at the same time if you wanted to (in reference to metallica_00's point - which i totally agree with.)

and possibly a way to launch an external version of the jukebox.

also, i was thinking of allowing each track to be categorized - and also have tags added for an eventual site wide search - though, only the owner of the track can tag it.

for the "charts," i was thinking of tracking individual listens - but the catch is, the listen isn't recorded until you've listened to the whole thing. help keep the charts a little more honest. and show charts for overall as well as by category.

anyone else has any ideas, throw 'em out. i can't think of EVERYTHING here.
:)

How hard is it to change stuff once it is done? I would say just do your thing, then ask people what they like about it, or what they would like to see changed or tweaked. I dont know if the double work would be too much trouble though. I know where the "enter" key is. Let me know if I can help.:rolleyes:

• Members

anyone else has any ideas, throw 'em out. i can't think of EVERYTHING here.
:)

I like the idea of having the option of a mini player for each track.

that's all I got

oh and I'll buy you a beer/scotch/shot ,whatever your preference if our paths ever cross.(or you can find an online delivery service)

• Members

How hard is it to change stuff once it is done? I would say just do your thing, then ask people what they like about it, or what they would like to see changed or tweaked. I dont know if the double work would be too much trouble though. I know where the "enter" key is. Let me know if I can help.
:rolleyes:

depends, really. i always try to build {censored} so it's easily extendable/changeable. i've dealt with clients long enough to know that. :)

anyway, channel manage part is nearly done. the channel itself may take a bit to get together.

updates as warranted.

• Members

I think it'd be cool to have the option of playing all the songs as a "jukebox"--soundclick drives me crazy when I have to go back and click on each individual track.

I do agree with above comment that being able to play two tracks as a/b would be good, so maybe have the ability to spring open single track player for each track (and allow multiples).

one thing that I like that I've never done is artwork. roosterB always does these little art things with his songs and I dig it. if you can work in some kind of jpeg art thing, it'd be cool.

how about ability to contact the other person through PM or email?

• Members

I'm glad you are giving this a whirl. Anything to put us out of that Soundclick misery.

I'd like an invite.

I'd like an invite please.

I had a dancing milk carton ruin my weekend...

of attempts @ uploading my mp3's on www.fandalism.com. I wanted to link them on HC in jj's thread.

Once you click "upload" there is no progress bar, no nothing. Just a dancing milk {censored}ing carton GIF. At one point I shaved & showered to come back to see that a 2.04MB file had not uploaded yet... bloody christ!

Archived