rocktropolis.net - a better soundclick

aenemated

• Members

This help?

Here's the download link:

also, i'd like to implement this (thanks to mr axe) so locations are inclusive to all you fine non-americans ... but god almighty, that is one HUGE SQL file. i'm downloading the zip now and it's, no lie, 170meg.

we'll see how THAT goes.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

there WILL be. not right now, though. i'll be addressing stuff like that after the greater functionality is done; which i'll be hitting up when i have time.

spent a bit on working out the design of the full player and taking into account all the options i'd like available in it - i hope to get moving on dev tomorrow. but i gotta be up soon to watch the inauguration so i'm off to bed. dunno why they gotta schedule this {censored} so early.

I'm in and uploaded a tune. Plays loverly! Just so's I'm clear. I understand that this is a work in progress. As of right now, I can't listen to anyone else's tunes or post my tunes for others to listen. I can post the link but, and I may be not seeing the big picture, it looks like if I send out a link to the player, someone else could load a tune to my account.

But my avatar is cool.... :)

• Members

yeah, there'll be ways listen to other people's stuff. that's kinda the whole point!

and fretsy - for one, the player that's there now is just the beginning. great ideas for the bigger one, which is the one more likely to share. the smaller one is more for just previewing and stuff. and no one else can upload to your account.

of course, i'll keep yall updated as the dev moves along.

• Members

ah, so it's another mime type being reported by pc/ff - i have code on the backend that verifies the posted data is an mp3. but all browsers kinda report them differently (like, audio/mpg or audio/mpeg, for instance) ... just gotta track down what pc/ff says it is.

this, folks, is why i bitch about {censored}ty browser standards.

Archived