rocktropolis.net - a better soundclick

aenemated

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well {censored} ... client emailed, so i need to put this down for tonight.

but it's pretty close to ready; just have to get the players built and do some tweaking here and there. also needs some visual prettying, but i tend to leave that for the end anyways.

i'll take a minute now and send yall yer invite codes.

• Members

haha, man, i LOVED building that thing. so fun.

anyway, here's what i did. instead of sending out a buncha PMs and stuff ... i just made your invite code your HC username. so, just go here and fill out all the info (you don't HAVE to add an avatar, but i know how much dc loves em so i made it an option) - but everything else is required. for the invite code, just enter your username EXACTLY as it appears on HC. i just copy/pasted 'em.

it's still got some work to be done, obviously, but yall can at least get your accounts set up.

if anything blows up in that process, lemme know and i'll check it out. this is what we call, in the business, early alpha software. :)

• Members

Cool, signed up and uploaded a craptastic track and all went well. I assume you haven't set up for the tracks to play yet. Still smooth sailing and very easy/clutter free thus far. I did notice that there doesn't currently seem to be an option to remove tracks.

Thanks for the work!

• Members

what browser ya using, zepp? i know IE outputs different mime types for some files; and i'm not sure what it is for mp3s. that's PROBABLY the problem.

@wmcjhi - yep, the players are the next step. anything that gets uploaded will fall into place, so don't even fret.

• Members

From the FAQ:

Q:why's there so much profanity here?

A:sorry, i didn't know we were in church. if it bothers you, i'm sure you can find some hannah montana to listen to somewhere else.

:lol:

Reminded me of the guitarfetish {censored} code/thread. Ah...great {censored}ING day that was.

(also, my upload that worked fine was from Safari on mac...I can try my firefox too if that helps with any debugging)

edit: Doesn't work in Firefox on mac.

• Members

ah, gotcha. and i had to look back, that error gets thrown when there's a general upload error.

lemme jump over to ff and see if i can recreate it.

i do my mp3s in garageband, too.

I got the same error if I uploaded a file from Firefox but not if I uploaded the same file in Safari. Tried a garageband MP3 and an MP3 generated from a Boss MicroBR. Same deal. Seems to just be a firefox (at least on mac) deal.

• Members

yeah, doin some debugging and also discovering that's there's some wonkiness with file uploads in FF.

man, i love this job.

I've discovered that once you're good at something, you best shut the {censored} up about it or all your friends will bug you to do it for free (well they always want to pay me but I'd feel like a dick taking the money). I used to be everyone's "computer guy" (ex pc-tech and light programmer here) and now I'm the damned "my home theater doesn't work" or "I need a new ____" guy.

It's alright...I'm happy to help...until something goes wrong.

Archived