Can SOMEBODY please tell me where I can buy this part for my guitar case??

webe123

• Members

I am needing the tiny leather strap that keeps the lid on the compartment case shut on my 59 reissue Fender strat G+G case.(The button broke) But I do not know how to search for it....when I try, the stupid search engine thinks I am looking for a leather strap for my guitar! Does anyone have a place that has these in stock? G+G cases will only replace hardware on their cases..not stuff like this. Anybody know a place online I can get something rare like this?

• Members

Check for "Shoe repair" in your area. They work on leather shoes and purses all the time and you might be able to have a new part made. Fabric and craft shops used to sell tools that look like pliers for installing snaps, what Mikeo called a "snap setter." Presumably they still do. You could buy one and try making your own part.

• Members
Sounds stupid' date=' but crazy glue can be a wonderful fix for what ails ya![/quote']

Ummmm. crazy glue will NOT FIX a broken button....at least not if you plan on using it again!

I did find out thanks to the links above that the part I need is called a "Utility Spring" Snap. Unfortanately...they do not come in one size. So I have to find out what SIZE they use on my fender G+G case.I measured it with a ruler and it appears to be 1 centimeter (or 10 mm).

• Members

You need the right size, but buying snaps is real easy. I don't see a guitar case being very unique here.

If I had to guess the make half is screwed into the wood, and the female part of the snap is riveted into the leather strap.

Of course a picture of what you're dealing with would help us, but I've seen similar cases.

I have a Fender Strat case and it has no snaps at all, so yours is unique there.

You can buy snaps like this and if the leather is broke, you'd need a new piece of leather then simply rivet the snap to the leather.

The other half would be connected to the wood so that rivet wouldn't be needed. Simply google snaps and you'll find they come in many different sizes. Many are sold for making tarps for Pickup Trucks, RV's, Boats etc. Others are used in Textiles, coats snaps on pants etc. You can even buy sets with the riveter included. if you buy a single button, you'd need to remove the old rivet using a drill. Then setting the new one would require a hammer and punch to spread and tighten the pin. Pretty simple stuff actually.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"snap.JPG","data-attachmentid":32477589}[/ATTACH]

• Members

Well I found a snap kit last Sunday at Wal Mart Supercenter where I live for about 5 bucks and it was 10 and 1/2 mm and it worked perfectly! So I am glad to say it is all fixed. I just had to replace the female side.....I left the original male side alone. Works great now. Thanks to all who helped.

• Members
Well I found a snap kit last Sunday at Wal Mart Supercenter where I live for about 5 bucks and it was 10 and 1/2 mm and it worked perfectly! So I am glad to say it is all fixed. I just had to replace the female side.....I left the original male side alone. Works great now. Thanks to all who helped.

yeah but now it's un-authentic and devalued.

Archived