Show us the best looking strat you have a picture of.

doc oc

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thin Skin '59 Strat in Sherwood Green. Custom Shop Fat 50s Pickups and same neck profile and thickness as an SRV Strat. Best Strat I've ever owned (including the couple of Custom Shop Strats I've owned) but it made me realize that I'm just not a Strat guy no matter how hard I try.

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

• Members

I'm not much of a Strat guy personally, though I think they can often be beautiful.

I'm usually more into vintage white ones (often w/ a tort guard) or CAR or LPB or Firemist Gold maybe (that Sherwood Green one above is a beauty!)

But tonight I saw that movie The Rocker with Rainn Wilson and the kid who plays the band's guitar player had a really nice looking Strat that piqued my interest.

I think it must have been a custom job.

Had a sort of subtle greenburst finish to it that I really liked. 70's headstock, maple board. Nice woodgrain too.

I wish I knew more about it, but it's the first Strat in some time that made me go "oooh."

If anyone knows anything about this particular guitar, I'd love to hear about it.

Please ignore the Jonas Brothers-looking doofus holding it in these pics, but they were all I could find. One nice-looking Strat:

therockerpic5.jpg

rocker.jpg

20rock600.jpg

• Members

Thin Skin '59 Strat in Sherwood Green. Custom Shop Fat 50s Pickups and same neck profile and thickness as an SRV Strat. Best Strat I've ever owned (including the couple of Custom Shop Strats I've owned) but it made me realize that I'm just not a Strat guy no matter how hard I try.

IMG_0161.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's Teal Metallic Green, not Sherwood Green.

This is Sherwood Green:

sherwoodgreenstrat002.jpg

This is Teal Metallic Green from Fender's website

tealgreenstrat.jpg

Perhaps its the lighting, but it looks like Teal Metallic Green to me.

• Members

Gilmour3.jpg

My Gilmour strat. Plain, but beautiful :thu:

Optional Questions:

What is it?

Gilmour strat... Already answered :D

Is it yours?

Yes sir it is.

Pickups?

Custom hand wound Fat 50s neck, custom middle, SD SSL-5 bridge

Neck profile?

Actually quite small C-shape. Probably my least favourite part about the guitar.

Describe the tone if possible?

Epic. Very huge. Much fatter than my bandmate's Les Paul. Absolutely gigantic.

• Members

Mine

SDstrat.jpg

Seymour Duncan DS250

Over wound Alinco pickups

Light 2pce swamp ash body

Thin Nitro finish

Sound...Like angels singing in your ear.

The picture is actually from the seller's add...it looks so nice I've just kept it. Better than any of the pictures I've taken of it with my crappy cell phone camera. Being Japanese I'm guessing the position of the whammy bar was well thought out prior to the pic being taken.

Archived